Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Yes, those extra spots are for Equipment Modifications. Previously, it confused players because if they maxed a skill, they ask the question "Does equipment STILL add a bonus if its maxed?"

The answer is yes.

2. rybred96

rybred96 Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Everplay clearly stated that they didn't make enough money to support the game.
    So what gives you the right to say "I don't care if you guys go broke, I just want MY game!"
    Anyway, awesome update. The IAP barely affects anything. My only slight issue is the fact that the helmet's block has been reduced by half.

3. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    ETHICS!!!

anyway, i got this game when it was free a little while back, and really enjoyed playing through all the missions in what seemed like a non-stop session. it was really about a week of playing this and pocket planes, but i definitely had a lot of fun with it.

i was chastised previously for saying it would be fine to add IAP to the app for those who don't feel like grinding, and i'm happy to see it's here now. i never felt like IAP was necessary to enjoy the game, and grinding a bit for even the best items and maxed stats wouldn't be hard in the first place. just making it an option seems to really fire people up on ethics debates, but it's easiest to just ignore them.

i dropped $3 for the rupie doubler because i've wanted to give something after getting this free. thanks for the update and additional levels. i hope the whiners here are just a vocal minority and you're able to keep bringing updates in the future to those who actually enjoy playing games.

4. grackler

grackler New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Update looks great but there's a severe bug with the iCloud stuff. The controls get backed up to iCloud too and when you switch from iPad to iPhone you can't play anymore as the buttons you placed on the right disappear and you can't move them back.

To get around it I have to go back to my iPad, bunch the controls up in the bottom left and re-upload to iCloud.

5. timedblades

timedblades Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Really? Finally, a great looking free game, that has no iAPs.
    I just hope it won't be filled with too many ads though?
    iAPs are usually fine unless it is a forced iAP. >(

downloading now. Hope to have fun later. ;)

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    .... uhhhh

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Dude, that post was from MONTHS ago. I'd rather not speak my mind on what happened here.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ha, I think there's quite a few of us that are trying to keep our mouths shut.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont look at me. LOL.

10. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    It's futile anyways. Customers are cast aside in the pursuit of profit with frightening frequency on this platform. Developers, fueled by the ignorance of those shouting "I don't care if you monetize a game I already paid for" and empowered by grovelling enthusiasts embracing these anti-consumer behaviors, persist on betraying those that forked over money for a specific product.

Tough beans, I guess.

11. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    ^This^

qfft

Reading 9-10 threads on TA in the past month is really all one needs to see this trend. After my recent experience with this topic in another thread, I'm frankly too disheartened to say more than that. If consumers' voices are allowed to be silenced, we will end up with the marketplace we deserve in the end.

DBC

12. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ugh...I suppose they'll do the same for Left2die once it stops generating revenue? :rolleyes:

13. Con

Con Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    This is kind of obnoxious. I really enjoyed playing Spellsword, but having paid for something and then seeing others get it for free (with no reward at all for people who actually took the dive and originally gave you money?) kind of sucks.

What's worse is that quite a few games have done the same recently.

14. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I hadn't posted anything since the update.
    I'm just going to say this. When the update hit, everyone who had paid before it went free should have been given a reward of some sort. As it stands we all get the same game all newcomers will be getting for free.

Not to be too negative, I'll add this, I probably got my money worth out of the title prior to the update.

15. rybred96

rybred96 Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Are you freaking kidding me!? The devs themselves stated that they were NOT making enough money to support the game anymore. So if they stayed a paid game, they could have gone broke. Are you that ignorant that you really couldn't care less if a dev goes broke, as long as you get the game you want? The game has barely changed.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh.

17. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Well it kinda says something about the dev if they did it once...but twice? I expect Left2Die to be converted in a similar manner soon once the revenue drops, and their future games as well. Let's just say these kind of antics alienate a lot of people, regardless of the supposedly small changes that don't affect gameplay

18. rybred96

rybred96 Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I get that it alienates a lot of the fans. But people need to be more understanding. I mean, the gameplay has barely changed, unlike Whale Trail. Would you rather the game never be updated again, along with the chance that the devs never make a game again? Or would you rather the game go free with a few minor changes, along with the promise of future updates and games?

19. Con

Con Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I would rather there be compensation for people who actually shelled out money for the game. Something extra to show, "hey you already put money in, since everyone else is now getting it for free, have this!"

I understand why there is IAP in most games these days. If it doesn't interfere egregiously with the gameplay then it doesn't bother me. I know that the free + IAP model works well for a lot of developer.

But developers shouldn't be able to have it both ways. They shouldn't be able to charge a price and then, seeing that doesn't give them the results they want, change to a freemium model without even so much as acknowledgment to the people who actually spent money on it. That signals to me that I should just wait like a vulture for a game to go free, or just never buy it, because hey it'll go free eventually right?

20. grackler

grackler New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I am not going to get into the IAP thing, I gladly paid when it came out and gladly paid another $3 for the "rupee doubler" -- this is a game I've put a dozen hours into and it's worth many times that to me. It does feel scammy to make the game harder in an update (taking down the 50% deflect helmet to 25%) but I also see the intent behind it. The iOS economy is a weird place.

My only real worry that the move to free-to-play means no new bugs will get fixed. That would suck. The iCloud issue is super annoying.