Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    I'm digging this game.

But as a huge SCB fan, I find that SpellSword has a major flaw, character does not move smoothly.

It just feels a little sticky and I feel like the character is sliding more than walking. Any way to improve this I will definitely be saying this is the best platformer available.

Besides that, I notice that there is a bug especially in jumping from one platform to the cliff.

It would be great too if developers implement a greater sweep area. I don't understand why the swords have elements if all they do is just give a bonus when you obtain the card rather than having an advantage within the 5s. The swords just feel the same when attacking. Not sure if it's meant to be like that. But would definitely be fun if each sword has a different sweep radius.

I am a good SCB player (sorry if it's self-declared :p) I generally rake up to 120 crates in SCB but in this game, the best I could get was only 20 in endless. Sorry for involving SCB but since the developer is constructing this game in the SCB direction, may as well just make it even better right?

I know my post is long but as a fan, I definitely would love to see an improvement to this game. Graphics are superb by the way. Loving the icon and the appearance. But serious touch ups need to be done.

I wonder what feedback did beta testers gave as I thought that this game would be a hit once released, however am disappointed to the fact that this game just kinda feel lesser than expected given the amount of time beta testers were allowed to test the game.

Cheers, Ed.

2. strifegoc

strifegoc New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Icade

Is anyone else having icade issues? He won't stop moving when you go left or right. It's hard to control him. I have no problems on the iPod touch.

3. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    is there supposed to be 5 second restart times? the loading times are brutal

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    They are? It must be you man, because I'm not experiencing 5 secon restart times.

5. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, this game has me hooked even more than SCB...the RPG elements and all the collectables have me coming back for more...
    Really outstanding game, and I'm glad that it runs perfectly on my 2nd gen =]

6. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    #146 eAdvisory, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Nvm, fixed it.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Everplay, is there any chance you're planning on adding Joypad support?

8. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Honestly, and perhaps a bit embarrassing, but we haven't heard of the Joypad until now. But it looks awesome! We will look into the SDK and see if we can do it. Thanks for the tip.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, no problem. And of course.... thanks! :)

10. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    This game owns. Best 99c I've spent in months.

11. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    +1 100% agree! This game is my new addiction :)

12. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Can enemies, especially the jellies/blobs appear before the rupees!? I maxed my rupees skill at the 19th mission of the first map due to grinding, where most of my damage are taken from running INTO blobs hidden behind a blanket of rupees.

I LOVE RUPEES so please do something so I won't hate the sight of a floor littered with those delicious gems!

13. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    only thing i have to admit i dont like is enemies being able to hit you the instant they spawn...especially in the corners...cards spawn there sometimes so you're forced to go there and sometimes eat an enemy spawn to the face

14. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    not in austrian store... why? :confused:

greetings

MJFox

15. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    SBC got old exceptionally quick. This game is a hell of a lot better than the monotonous SBC. Very addicting, can't wait to play some more :)

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #156 Gabrien, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    All that goes to show is that when enough people use a word incorrectly, for a long enough time, it eventually becomes accepted as the norm or a valid variant. Presumably because it is simpler to do so than battle mass ignorance.

Language is constantly evolving, and I do not mean to imply that it should remain static, but causes of its evolution can and should be closely examined as by far not all are equally valid or justified.

Up untill less than a century ago, language and its evolution were relatively safe, as the "unwashed masses" were largely illiterate and cared little about it. These days they care just as little, but have been educated enough to be in the position to affect its course. (Though not enough to understand the difference between "your" and "you're.)

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    In other words, we should embrace change. It's what defines us humans. :D

18. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Yeah, I really hate all those other animals, so opposed to change :p

19. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    Include me in the club...friggin' addictive:D

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same :) Got bored of my previous addicting Scorched Monsters quick because there was no variety and then I got back to this and the levels are really fun :)