Spending more time on TouchArcade than actually playing games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by razorflare77, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    im guilty of spending a good hour a day on here at least, probably more if its a busy release day!

without this forum id know of very few good games and would spend frustrating hours on the appstore searchin thru new stuff and wondering if its any good!

TA has cost me a fortune but may have saved me a bit of coin to ;)

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    TA is a valuable resource for me, I personally tap the developer end of TA more than I play games.

3. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Yeah, it's pretty weird. I was actually noting just last night that I had spent far more time reading the forums here than playing the games I learned about on the forums. Glad to hear I'm not the only forum dork out there. Seriously though, I doubt I would have stumbled across most of my favorite games if it weren't for TA. Can't wait for Red Conquest. Blue Attack was the first game I read about here, and it's still in my top 5.

4. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #24 cranker, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    I am completely addicted to searching for new games. I soend at least an hour or two on this forum each day. I do play the games I buy, but I might be too focused on finding the next great game.

It's a bit much, but how does the average person find anything on the app store ?

It is a great site so what the heck ! :)

I have bought 200+ apps in the last 2-3 months (new toy)

I try to list all the games I want and if I still want them in 3-4 days, I pick them up. (some I just grab instantly of course) This increases my time on TA looking at reviews...etc help me decide. Oh well :)

5. jsappsinc

jsappsinc Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    same here, i keep downloading more and more games and barely play the ones i have ;)

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Haha this has happened to me as well. I've become sort of a bargain hunter! To me, looking for good deals and great games is all part of the fun :).

7. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Does the safari app class as a game? :D

I had a hundred pounds on iTunesÂ… Seems slot, but it goes very fast.

8. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Exactly. There's less than a handful of people for me in real life (and one of them is my mum gasp!)

Btw 600 posts finally :eek: