Universal Spingun (by Fermenter Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Fermenter

Fermenter Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Argh... I'm really sorry about that. :(

A few things you can try to fix it that have worked for others:
    - restart your phone
    - logout and back in to Game Center
    - delete and reinstall the game (though unfortunately you'll lose your save data if you do this!)

If these things don't work, let me know and I'll help you out further.

I was able to reproduce this crash on my friend's phone, and think I know the cause of the crash now, but unfortunately I'm unable to fix it myself... It has to do with a now-outdated third-party extension for the ad provider I'm using, and I don't have a way to change things within this extension. I'll do my best to get this issue resolved ASAP, but for now I'm kinda helplessly scrambling. :eek: Waiting on help from third-parties at the moment!

Again, very sorry about this!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I uninstalled the game. Reinstalled it. It's loading fine now. I just restored purchases. Everything's unlocked.

There's definitely something wonky though with the update process. I did uninstall the beta prior to updating as well so it wasn't because of that.

Billy

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Listen it's ok lol. No big deal. These things happen. You are a great dev with a great game. I'm a fan :)

Billy

4. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for the info Billy, and thanks even more for your understanding. I'm learning a lot, and hopefully my next game release will go off without a hitch! (Ha, I can dream... :cool:)

5. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Did all the enemies always do contact dmg no matter where you bump into them ? In hardcore mode it seems no matter where I bump a enemie I die. But for some reason I don't remember it always being his way in regular endless

6. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    All enemies work the same as they do in endless, but I think it FEELS like every enemy is stronger since you're so fragile.

Just a quick tip about the diamond-shaped chargers: they don't hurt you by touching you unless they're actually charging at you. However, touching them will make them do their charge sooner.

Good luck!

7. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Ugh missed it by like .30 sec.... Took ball Pitt mode though.

8. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This is one of the best arcade game on the App Store, and it keeps getting better. The unlock able trails are genuinely challenging to earn, and feel like trophies once I do. I'd love to see more color palettes and music tracks at some point if possible, but it's fantastic the way it is.

9. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm really proud that you and so many others are enjoying it. Thanks for the support, everyone! :D

I'll definitely consider more unlockable things for a future update: musics tracks, backgrounds, button skins, etc.

10. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    So Iv been trying to take hardcore mode top spot but missed it by .20 milliseconds lol but the good news if I hit 28+ seconds 3 times in a row so I no I'm getting better

Then went to endless mode and scored 2:05+
    4 GAMES IN A ROW so I know even if I didn't make new records yet I'm deff getting better. Maybe I can make 3 minutes possible ! =p

11. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Well, looks like all you Spingunners have a bit more competition now. :cool: Gameranx posted this video yesterday and the total downloads nearly doubled in one day.
    https://youtu.be/qhnTD0xn5Kw?t=2m45s

In other news, I'm happy to announce that I'm releasing SPINGUN on Steam (PC/Mac) on Friday. If you're interested, you can find that here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/548230

I have a few plans in the works for further updates in the future, but I also want to release another quick update on iOS and Android to address a few bugs. Alongside these bug fixes, I might as well create a few more custom ships, right? :D

Any ideas for more custom ships?

12. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Ah nice congrats! And can't wait for PC version as well =]

13. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    The update is coming very soon. 8 new ships, 1 new boost, and overall bug fixes and performance boosts.

If you're interested, David is now out on Steam for PC and Mac. Woo! You can check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/548230

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game looks very good but I can't get the hang of the controls .
    It's difficult in a good way though.
    It's challenging and I keep trying to improve my score which is the best part

15. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    3:12 new world record =] holding PC and iOS record now. Good luck ;)

16. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi again, touchers. Update 1.3.61 is out now! Thanks for playing SPINGUN everyone, and happy holidays.

If you have a moment, please resubmit your awesome reviews; it’ll help the game out a lot! (Your old review will still be there ready to repost, just hit “Write Review”.)

Sorry for the long time between updates. Unsolvable bugs with the Ads SDK had me stuck for a long time. That SHOULD be fixed now. AND I’ve got a bunch of cool new things for you all to play with in this update. CURSED mode for the truly brave, lots of new SHIPS and BOOSTS, and huge performance boosts. Take a look below to see a full change log.

1.3.61 Change Log

// NEW
    ◉ 1 New Mode, ENDLESS CURSED! Fight off enemies AND deal with 5 game-changing curses that will break your brain.*
    ◉ Way more ship customization options. Now 57 Ships and 20 Boosts, including some extra fanciness for the new winter-themed ships.*
    ◉ 6 New Achievements and a Leaderboard for CURSED.*

*Full Game only! <3

// CHANGES
    • Locked off “ZONES” mode for unpaid players. Hopefully this doesn’t make anybody too upset…
    • Huge performance boosts!
    • ENDLESS rebalancing for late game. (Cap enemy-on-screen amount, cap spawn rate, rebalance spawn multiplier amount, don’t allow Freezer enemy until later in game.)
    • Enemy bullets now appear above enemies. Easier to see!
    • Freezer enemy slightly nerfed (again!)
    • Various UI/UX upgrades.

// FAKE
    • CHRISTMAS IS CANCELED

Lastly, if you enjoy the game, please share with your friends. 'Tis the season, right?

More to come. Cheers,
    Andrew

17. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Noticed my 1st place endless score of 3:13 never updated for some reason ??? No worries I just redid it and got 3:35

Have fun boyz