Universal Sproggiwood (by Freehold Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. unormal

unormal Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Oh, laugh, yeah, that's probably true. An oversight on my part to leave it in with that behavior. Though if you have an iOS keyboard and want to disable touch, because a cat or a kid is attacking it you might want to play that way. (Though it's not officially tested on the iOS input devices other than touch.)

2. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Does this have cloud syncing between devices?

3. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    No, though it's slated for the next major patch.

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I tried with the keyboard, but unfortunately none of the keys register in the game at all. That would be LOVELY to have it, REALLY lovely... Does it support MFi Controllers, then?

5. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    Like keyboard, controllers are not fully implemented or tested on mobile devices in the launch 1.2 version, but are on the roadmap for future support. The PC build has full controller support, so all of the deeply hard work is done in terms of making the game support controllers, it's just a matter of getting a controller for iOS and then hammering on it to get the input into Unity correctly.

6. andsoitgoes

Good to know! Do you know if there's just something in doing wrong with regards to using the keyboard, or does it just not work? I'd love to have an alternative input device, as I'm loving the game but my hand is starting to be a majorly limiting factor.

Easily my favorite iOS game in years. Hearthstone has nothing on the joy of playing this. Your support and contributions here really reinforce my decision to purchase the game. Thanks for all you're doing :)

7. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    #107 unormal, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Thanks, it was a couple long years of work, we're just super happy everyone's having fun with it. :)

(...and I'm personally super happy it seems to be technically going ok everywhere, I was biting my nails with my first iOS & Android release ever, as the only technical guy on the team of 3.)

The input just probably flat doesn't work yet. I toyed around with it a little and had it partially functional, but I wouldn't be shocked if it just was borked at some point before release, since it wasn't on the launch roadmap it was just never tested. I prefer keyboard play myself, and one other member of the team has RSI, so we really appreciate multiple modes of accessibility and they're high on my list.

E: Also FYI, I'm driving to Atlanta tomorrow to present at IRDC this weekend, so I'll be a little more out of pocket than usual for the next couple days, but I'll be keeping an eye on things.

8. andsoitgoes

good lord, I think you're my favorite dev yet.

Thanks for the info, I'll be watching. And playing. Pain or not, this game is like crack. I have Desktop Dungeon as well, but I've been pulled back to this every time I have a minute to play. Truly excellent work. It's what I've always wanted in this style of game. It's SO DAMN GOOD.

Everything from the sound, the humor and controls... This, THIS is gaming.

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Was doing the third quest with my warrior. Got the achievement for defeating 5 enemies in one turn, and then I got the one for 10 shortly thereafter. I won't spoil the fun, though I am curious if there is a way of dealing with the hazard in question.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    As far as I know, the best thing you can do is arrange them where they aren't in the way or have something else walk through it first.

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I second this!

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I love this stupid game so damn much.

13. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is this more fun than deskstop dungeon

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    You should really save your money and get both games because they are both equally great games in their own right. Seriously, if you only get one you will be missing out on a top notch experience regardless of your choice.

15. Not sure about the gameplay, but the screenshots of DD don't make the game look very appealing to me.

16. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Are there any type of boss battles? I need a higher purpose

17. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    What doesn't look appealing?

18. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yes, there are boss battles.

19. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I'm just not getting it, apparently. In a fairly crowded roguelike market, what is it about this that merits the premium price? I'd really like to know.

20. It just looks like a bunch of teeny tiny squares.