Square Enix SALE!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sdmiracle, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Square Enix sales seem to be quite few and far between, and when they do have them they only cut out a few dollars at most... so I am unsure if I'll jump immediately at some of these games :p

I'm really worried about Chaos Rings because $10 is still a lot of money, and quite a gamble for someone who isn't exactly the biggest RPG fan. I haven't played many, and I'm really loving Final Fantasy XIII, but other than that I haven't been too blown away by any RPGs, and I think that's due to the fact that I'm simply not the biggest RPG fan. But a sale is a sale, and $10 is easier to swallow than $13, so I might be adventurous and try it out. :cool:

2. Oh square why do you betray me so with CR >.<

Song Summoner and MABYE an FF for me. Picking up free Sliding Heroes.

There goes my moolah.

3. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Pros: One of the best turn-based JRPGs in the app store. Very engaging and multi-layered story, brilliant soundtrack, and detailed 3D animations that run smoothly even on a 2nd generation iPod touch.

Cons: It's a little easy to beat first time around.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So the story really is good?

And it's a little easy to beat the first time around, but is it easy to beat the second, third, and fourth times as well?

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Chaos Rings has the most replay out there at the moment! You go through the game with several pairs of characters and then open up new areas. Anyone who just goes through with one pair misses like 5/6th of the game! Definitely has replay value!

6. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #26 tsharpfilm, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    I absolutely loved the story (or rather, stories). The great thing about Chaos Rings is that you can play the game through with 1 of 4 sets of characters, and each set has their own story. The environments don't change, but the characters and stories do.

A little. It depends on who you're playing as. It has some nice challenges, but, overall, it's not the most difficult game to play after you go through the initial grinding.

But is it worth it? I think it is. Personally, I think Chaos Rings is one of the best games in the app store. I found it to be an absolute blast to play, slightly reminiscent of Final Fantasy 7 but with better graphics.

7. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    anyone know can i play the iphone ver. on the ipad?

8. Yes.

9. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    is the quality acceptable? $6 is quite a big difference

10. Chaos Rings? The quality is ACCEPTABLE at 2x mode I suppose, but for an eye candy treat, you'd go HD version. For gameplay purposes, this one is fine. (Mabye slightly choppy?)

11. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Chaos Rings>Either FF's for the iPhone.

Song Summoner=boring.

Don't know about the other games, but if you're just going with one game, get Chaos Rings.

12. What if I already have Chaos Rings?

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hows the free game?

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah that's what I was gonna ask. How's Sliding heroes? Any good?

15. It's ok.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Like... is it worth the space it'll take up? Is it easy to learn for casual gamers?

17. #37 LostLegend, Aug 12, 2010
    Very easy. Tilt device toward monsters to kill them. Avoid traps. Kill all monsters to get to the end.

If you don't like it you can always delete it.

EDIT: Gets slightly harder though. Can have up to 8 people on map at same time. May need more people to kill an enemy. However, 8 is harder to maneuvre around map without them falling into traps.

18. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yep, that sounds like my type of game. lol. I'll go ahead and dl it I guess.

19. Edited post and cool.

20. #40 LostLegend, Aug 12, 2010
    Edited post and cool.

EDIT: Server mucked up.