Square Enix Sales

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by illmerica, Dec 20, 2013.

1. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    What he said!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wasnt Seiken Densetsu 3 released outside of Japan as Secret of Mana 2?

And yes, Seiken Densetsu 3 is one of the best action-RPGs of all time, that much is true.

3. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Never released officially outside of japan.
    Maybe a fan translation called Secret of Mana 2?

4. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Its not relesed outside japan but a fan translation was made on the snes version of the game.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just realized TWEWY isnt on the list on the first page.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah, yeah... I remember now.

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Final Fantasy IV

$15.99 > $7.99

8. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    Ohhh man, this is when I say - where to start for the first time?
    (Was interested in FFVI for a while and decided to wait for a drop... So should I start there, and then where should I go from here?)
    Seemed kinda interested in FF [series] for a while now so.... Yeah, what do you all think!?

Thanks! :D

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    FFX HD is being released in March, for PS3 and PS4 and PSVita. That's always been my favourite, although I did like the battle system in FFXII. FFVII is good too.

However if you want something on iOS, I suggest FFIV purely because it's on sale! There isn't any story connecting the different Final Fantasys, so there is no need to play them in order, plus I think the first three would be a bit of a grind if you played them in a row, FFIV has more of a story and less generic characters from what I remember (I could be wrong though. I often am).

10. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    From the perspective of a 30 year old who got to enjoy all of these games in order at the time of their respective releases, I feel the quality goes in this order..

FF7 > FF6 > FF4 > FF9 > Whatever

But you should start with 4, then move onto 6 when it's on sale, and then find a means to experience 7. You will see the significant ramp up in quality of writing this way and not cheapen the earlier titles. But aside from those 3 it's pretty much a wash.

11. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    So how's Final Fantasy 1? I see that it's got the bonus dungeons from the GBA release, so I'm assuming it also has the serious decrease in difficulty as well. Is there any reason to not just emulate the GBA version?

Man, there are just too many version to keep straight and all I ever wanted were the broken spells fixed.

12. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    The best way to play 7 and 8 is on steam. The characters are all smoothed out and the menus are HD. Plus a few other little things that were very much welcomed.

Always interesting to see which final fantasy' are everyone's favorite. My personal favorite is 7. With 8 and 9 right behind. I enjoyed 10. Despised 12 and eventually grew to love 13. Oh, and 5 & 6 are marvelous as well. Such a lovely franchise.

13. Xaliba

Xaliba Member

Jan 14, 2014
    If you could only buy one, which game would you guys recommend me getting?
    I'm thinking either FFIV or Chaos Rings 3

14. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I enjoyed the first Chaos Rings, I say that hesitantly as it was only passably decent and got repetitive though I can't remember specifically why. FF 6 and 7 are the most universally popular, of which only 6 is on iOS. Personally 1 and 6 are the only two I could ever enjoy, and 12, and even at that 1 is my far and away favorite but I'd recommend 6.

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh, I love it!!!

16. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Decided to buy it. Now, on to the next Final Fantasy game... :)

17. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I'm always surprised to see people liked VIII (IMO, it's the weakest in the series; Squall is awful and the game is too easy). I thought VII was good, but in my heart, it will always be VI, IV, and IX.

18. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    8 is a game that looked and sounded beautiful, but all of its characters were the same, and the draw/junction system was probably my least favorite in the series. Every time we had to swap to Laguna I was also displeased. But man it had Triple Triad, and I'll be damned if that isn't the best minigame in RPG history.

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Guys I don't own a single FF Game. But I want to try one. So which one is the best? Or how should I start?
    Thanks guys!

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Start with FFIV

FFV and FFVI are a bit complicated.

Or maybe start with FFII