Universal STAR CAT Adventure (By Aamar Rana)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LoneWolf101, Apr 10, 2017.

?

What's your favourite Star Cat Galaxy?

1. Galaxy 1 Juicy Fruity

42.9%
  2. Galaxy 2 Moon Delight

28.6%
  3. Galaxy 3 Cluster Funk

85.7%
  4. Galxaxy 4 Candy Gloss

28.6%
  5. Galaxy 5 Deep See

28.6%
  6. Galaxy 6 Crystal Glare

28.6%
  7. Galaxy 7 Flame Thrilled

28.6%
  1. LoneWolf101

LoneWolf101 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2017

HI bigrand1,

Definitely an android version on the horizon! Will announce as soon as it's in the works towards submission :)

Aamar

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Right-on!
    Haven't had a chance to give this a spin yet, but right away I decided to support you by not taking a promo code and just buying it straight-out considering you have worked on this for so long and it's been/is a labor of love for you and it definitely shows! #
    We here at TA appreciate things like that!!!! #
    Here's to the bad-ass one-man band!! ( holding up my glass for a toast )!! ##(Ching-Ching!)
    Your efforts shall be rewarded!! ##:D

3. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    it was a mission finishing this!

This game took over my life in the evenings and weekends! It's great to see it out there and people enjoying it! It's not your usual style game, I tried to be totally different while at the same time keep it universally casual. Easier said than done! especially when stripping away all the band-wagon trends.

Thanks for the support!:p

4. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    Shout out to fellow Lone Wolves!

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering what other one-man band Lone Wolves think of this game? They can see beyond the end product and I would love to know their thoughts, and if you have any dev related questions? Re. challenges, triumphs, how to motivate yourself to finish a game lol

more than happy to answer :D

5. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    Codes update

Hello everyone,

All codes reserved and gone :)

So that will be 20 people playing Star Cat Adventure soon! Please post your experience in this thread and vote in the poll! The feedback is gold dust to me!

Till next time.

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Dude this game shows the 6 years of love put into this game. It's incredible the visuals pop like nothing I've seen on a iOS game. This is gaming art at its finest this is why I love Indy dev games. Congratulations on the release

7. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    #47 LoneWolf101, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Thank you!

Hey Delusionaltool (lol at the name)

Man, when I look at the game as whole now, I sometimes think myslef, what heck was I on! HAHA. It's a trip. I gave it my best shot with what know and could learn, I removed so much and proabbly half of the stuff didn;t even make it in there!

Please let others know and comment here.... Even I sometimes believe genuine gamers' feedback more than the developer lol

8. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    It's a nice game! The graphics are much better, as I think when I thought. The screenshots do not do justice to the original graphics. Anyone who likes this kind of games will have his pleasure here. The game works great on my iPad Air 2, with iOS 10.3.1. Thanks to the developer!

9. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    good point

Hey DTK,
    You're right, I think when the parallax environments move in 3d the graphics do come alive! Especially as the camera goes in and out of the level while pulling the tail.

Thanks for the comment!

10. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
  11. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Do you think that content that didn't make it in the game can somehow be added on in some future content update or as paid dlc? I'd paid good money for it. You deserve it

12. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    Update definitely on the cards!

Absolutely it could be! but it largely depends on how this one goes tbh. there were bosses in each galaxy for example! also different skins for the cat when u powerup! each powerup would have seen the cat turn to a different species of feline like Panther, cheeta, lion, tiger etc. But hard decisions came down to gameplay BEFORE "nice to have" features. in the end the skins would have been cool, but wouldn't add to gameplay except visual enhancement. missing content always had priority. :p

13. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    Interested to know more...

Star Cat Adventure is a game that takes gameplay back to its roots! So the slightly older generation will understand the purity of gameplay opposed to the evolved games (certainly successful) of the stores we see today.

The "game" has certainly changed, but I think "gameplay" is universal and timeless! And that's what I've aimed for in Star Cat Adventure.

14. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    VERY FIRST SKETCH OF STAR CAT (formerly MOMBO)

Hi Guys,

Here's the VERY FIRST sketch of Star Cat! The original digital photo is dated 12th April 2011 !

Was a lot angrier looking back then lol

DSC00024.jpg

15. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    So this game took you 6 years wow that is incredible and must feel awesome you accomplished it i am sure it was alot of blood sweat and tears that went into the project. I would love to see the stuff you took out. The game is so damn trippy lol. I hope to see some dlc and add more levels in the future. And the music is so well done. It goes with the trippy visuals this game has. Love how the colors just pop so crisp and vibrant.

Also TOOL is my favorite band lol why my name is what it is.

16. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    right in two, mate.

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    From the opening intro video you could tell that we would be in for a total treat. I've only played the first five minutes but the attention to detail and overall graphics are fantastic! The developer obviously spent (6 years) I think and truly committed to making this game so beautiful.

The game has a learning curve since it shows you how to target the stars but I've entered a space that might be timing related to hit the start I need to get past what looks like centipedes and not sure how to do it yet...

So far, great game! .99 is a steal.

18. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    #58 funem, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Firstly thanks for the code it's appreciated, however now I gave played it I wish I could have purchased it to support you. The game has great graphics and sound and you can see there has been a lot of care and effort put into it. The animation, art style, level design and playability are spot on. The only thing that bothers me is the potential replay value once completed as I would want to play it again but there is no incentive to do so. It's not a criticism more an observation.

Have you considered a clock on the levels, not as a mechanism to complete the level within a certain time more a record for the player to beat and therefore gives the game some replay value?

Other than that I wish you lots of luck with the game its well with the asking price.

Just seen you are planning an Android version, please let me know when it's ready as Android is my daily device and I would happily pay for it on there and help test it if you need any testing done.

19. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    my addiction at the moment is reading all the good feedback and constructive feedback for updates!

I really wanted to make a game that no one could say is like so and so. inspired by the creativity of all indie games!

Some of the stuff in star cat is like... "damn bro, what the heck" lol

There are a lot of sketches on note pads all over the place at my desk. Gonna scan and start posting!

Thanks for the comment TOOL

20. LoneWolf101

Apr 10, 2017
    Music

to reiterate, highly recommend checking out the music of the guys that did the soundtrack! I posted details earlier: