Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    I have to say I am in love with FTL right now.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What's FTL?

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    They been working on it since iPhone 4 but can't play on touch 4 that's BS

4. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    As a touch 4 owner I hate to say it but iPhone 4 has twice as much ram so it's better

5. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I know but still...was waiting for this game...guess ill wait for them to say everyone can play the game. At least I can play the other brothers

6. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    They've got it working with crashes so they'll do what minigore 2 did and put iPod 4 not recommended but it will still work

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Minigore 2 works perfect on touch 4 it did for me since launch

8. Doctor U

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    It's a game called FTL on steam (Faster Than Light) check it out.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    At a guess? Most of the US and Europe.

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Wow, I really doubt it. People I meet are way better parents than that. It's bad enough to have kids playing Call of Duty and the like, are there really a lot of parents who want their kids playing games that celebrate antisocial behavior? That's going to have a big impact on society if it's true. Maybe we can get them all playing Star Command, instead.

11. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #891 visionwebs, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Haloween, enough said.
    Sure it includes conversation, but I don't think give me candy or il trick you is that sociable.

Btw does star command have decent gameplay now in terms of total hours?

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'm not sure where you live, but in the US these days that isn't really part of the Halloween concept. Kids are more likely to dress up as SpongeBob. I guess you could try to argue that styling yourself after a preschool character is just as antisocial as murdering prostitutes, but it seems a stretch to me.

I guess Star Command is taking way too long if this is all we can find to talk about.

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wait... This game is still not out?!

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's already had an impact, kids are complete morons, but I wouldn't put that down to the content of the games, just the fact they're playing too many games period. Besides, most parents still don't fully know what GTA is about or think their child is responsible enough to know that shooting people is bad. Then there's the peer pressure for the kid who'll typically have friends who can play anything they want, and additional pressure on parents to be as cool as other kids' parents... and this is all before accounting for the fact plenty of kids have older siblings that play violent games. The unfortunate truth is that violence is becoming less of a deal every day.

Then of course we have hordes of gamers who (quite rightfully) stick up for games when it comes to the question of whether or not that violence carries over into reality. There's no evidence to suggest it does, so what are we shielding kids from exactly? Science suggests any effects are negligible.

Anyway, bottom line: Go to a game's Facebook page or GameFAQs. Kids aren't really affected by age ratings on games, most just seem to play whatever they want.

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You don't have to think that more kids are going to go out and murder prostitutes to think that playing a game that rewards you for murdering prostitutes might not be so good for your 13 year old. Causality of violence isn't really the issue here. I find it hard to believe that most parents don't know anything about the games their kids are playing, that is a depressing thought too. I do know that none of the parents I know feel "peer pressure" to be "cool", if anything the peer pressure is in the opposite direction. But our society isn't a uniform culture, that's for sure.

16. Doctor U

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    There are too many factors that make up the whole for one reaction.

Boiling any point down to utter simplicity is about as equal to saying the earth is flat because you don't see it curve.

17. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #897 visionwebs, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know how much I can say but put it this way...

Research is being done by certain people who show that there is almost no link between games and violence (that's not what the research was done to find out, the next bit is), and where links do exist, most issues actually arise from (wait for it)

Non violent games, things that include ponies and the like :p

Nope... I'm not joking ;)

Personally I think it's all hogwash a bad person will be a bad person and a good person will be a good person, though all have the capacity to do good and bad. The whole gaming and violence thing is mostly bloated by politicians who don't have a clue what they are talking about, and tend not to listen to those with doctorates and degrees instead relying on unpredictable polls from sources that are anything but impartial. But there ya go.

Yeah, different experience entirely, I hope sponge bob comes here soon. :p

Sponge Bobby should be a star command policeman..hilarious.

I went off topic, hehe

18. kyrill

kyrill New Member

May 10, 2012
    No, actually you are ON topic, at least with your last sentence, as I believe this thread is about the Star Command game :p

19. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Can't help but feel like this

[​IMG]

20. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Lol this forum NEEDS more pics&gifs