Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcoombs

jpcoombs Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    CREX, whats the easiest way to send you things when they're ready?

E-mail? Links? Just post on here?

2. lord timmie9

lord timmie9 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    perhaps save with incoming message feature if possible

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Just PM me. Probably the easiest. :)

4. PumpedUpKicks

PumpedUpKicks New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Super stoked

I'm a huge fan of what Kairosoft Co. has already produced (GDS, HSS, and more recently PA). I love the simulation aspects of the games and the constant need to expand your company's. That being said with the addition of a Star Trek type sequal is an instant for me. Cheers.

5. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Save points, schmave points ... don't care. Put 1,000 of 'em in there. Or none. Whatever.

Of far more importance: release date. Any news?

I have an overwhelming desire to trade U.S. currency for this game.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Bingo. Moving on...

7. THE_BOSS

THE_BOSS Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    england
    I'm frikkin hyped for this game! :)

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    When when.? Jet discovered the thread and looks nice!

9. pixlepix

pixlepix Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    So want this game. As for save points, what if when your whole ship is destroyed, you get to run away and keep 1/2-2/3 of your ship. Don't want to be able to do battle, and have no consequences afterwards.

10. jaze

jaze Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yes! looks wicked, thanks for the heads up?

11. jpcoombs

Apr 18, 2011
    Alright. Welcome to the PR team.

12. jpcoombs

Apr 18, 2011
    Hilarious

13. jpcoombs

Apr 18, 2011
    We have a solution for when your ship is destroyed - all I can say is that the game isn't over and it may be a semi-common occurrence (remember, there wasn't just one Enterprise...)

That said, just because of the interruptions on the medium (calls, texts, battery) more saves will probably be necessary.

14. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I think this can work well. If you make it possible to save, but not too easy (you have to go out of your way in the game, to visit a save point), then players can balance saving more or less often, as they prefer. It has to be inconvenient enough that you get away from "automatically save before you take any risk", but convenient enough that it's not super-frustrating when you have to go save or else risk losing lots of play time.

15. Livett

Livett Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Oxford
    Just to ask, is the dollar currency in the screen shots staying or is it purely for testing? Having any kind of modern day currency wouldn't sit with me in a game like this.

Theres probably a bunch of things you guys could think up similar to ISK and the like.

Other than that, looks ace.

One idea, not sure how feasible; how about an option to "trade" crew members with your mates over Bluetooth or wirelessly? Could be a like for like trade or currency or other resources.

16. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'm sure Count Hieronymus Schlick thought it was equally ridiculous to imagine that people would still be using "dollars" 500 years after he first minted the Joachimsthaler.

17. jpcoombs

Apr 18, 2011
    Dollars were purely placeholder. And we agree- all monetary reference has been removed. There are resources to manage and we're not ready to show exactly what, but it is a new system that I don't think we have ever seen (could be wrong).

18. jpcoombs

Apr 18, 2011
    Uniform Colors

Right now we have really one concern about the game and were curious about the communities opinion. No, we aren' attorneys and we haven't sought one out (yet) but, in lue, what do you all think of the uniforms?

We are concerned that the colors are 1:1 to Star Trek. Red is tactical, Blue is science and Yellow is engineering.

Two questions:

1. Do you think we're being too sensitive and this is nothing to be concerned about?

2. If you think we should change the uniforms, do you have any color ideas? Inspiration if you will?

19. jasonc506

jasonc506 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I don't think it's a huge deal but I think the option to change the color to whatever you want or be able to pick from a bunch of preset uniforms would be nice.

20. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I like the options idea, too. Just add it to whatever preferences panel you've already got cooking.