Universal Star Traders RPG - (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fallen, Dec 17, 2012.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@apr - thanks for joining the Trese Brothers forum. We are in process of working out a way that it will make the many parties happy (many gamers!!!). Add Reputation for the faction to the display is, of course, one of the major complicating factors. I know most of the commentors here are App Store users, but I hope you will trust our record from Android -- two and a half years and well over a hundred updates. We will make this happen, just please be patient with us.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    For rumors when they reference other planets it might be helpful for that planet name to be accompanied by it's coordinate/location to make tracking easier (i.e. apparently mercenaries are congregating at Javat Mining Camp wherever that is). Otherwise, what is the best way to locate rumor whereabouts?

The Elite edition upgrades being locked is a bit of a set-back; looking forward to getting those restores.

Are there any plans to bring Cyber Knights to iOS?

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@undeadcow - thanks for the input. I have added this to our bug tracker as ST-765. We will work on this in a future release!

The 3.3.1 release is now "under Review" at Apple and contains a fix for the Elite Upgrades issue. So sorry about that!

4. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

While this is a little off topic -- we do hope to port more games to the iOS over time, including Cyber Knights. Our next highest priority target for moving to Apple is our newest game project Heroes of Steel, which we have just launched as a KickStarter (http://kck.st/W3SVMd). To anyone who wants to give the Trese Brothers incentive to build more games and port more games to the App Store, please help support this project!

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Any update on the status of the paid version of star traders? I think I may have overlooked it or something.

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#66 fallen, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    @nightc1 - we have submit the app to Apple for approval, and it is currently the "Approval Queue." I think next is "Review Queue" and then available on the market. I will be sure to post to this thread when it comes available!

It will be Star Traders RPG Elite, a paid game for $1.99.

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Is this the same game but paid upfront instead of with Iap sale?

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@FPE - exactly. It's been very interesting to us, but we have received -so- much feedback saying that people would rather have a paid version (same game, same price)! It should be available within 7 days at the max.

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Cool, only ~7 days left... so maybe next weeks update it'll show up. I'm looking forward to the paid release and plan to buy it day one since I was one of the people early on here that said I don't do IAP but I'd love a paid version of the game. Y'all took the request seriously (along with Riotgirl and however many others that mentioned a regular paid version) and actually buying the game is the least I can do. I hope the paid version is a success!

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Nice! Heroes of Steel looks promising. These developers seem to favor Android so I am grateful they've ventured off into iOS land. Star Trader RPG is enjoyable.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Star Traders 3.3.1 is now available on the App Store! If you like the update, we hope you will add a comment to this new version. This release has fixed the bug with the Elite upgrades, so hope that helps everyone!

This is the free version with the IAP. The paid version (Elite) is still in the approval queue, but will be released at version 3.3.1 (as shown below).

What's New in Version 3.3.1
    - Fixed Elite Upgrade Bugs
    - Fixed Invalid Contract Destinations
    - Balanced Contract Payments
    - Fixed Spy Contracts vs. Indy
    - Fixed "Rearm" Torpedo Looting
    - Fixed Contracts to the Star 'Wolfe Dhas'
    - Fixed Destroy Contract Failure
    - Fixed Pirate Looting Defeats
    - Fixed Harvest Results and Messages
    - New Ship Artwork: Naval Cruiser
    - New Ship Artwork: Razor Wing
    - New Ship Artwork: Hieroglyph
    - New Ship Artwork: Escape Shuttle
    - New Ship Artwork: Basalt Carrier
    - New Ship Artwork: Ironclad
    - New Ship Artwork: Corsair
    - New Ship Artwork: Skimmer
    - New Ship Artwork: Guardian
    - New Ship Artwork: Sloop
    - New Ship Artwork: Ridgeback
    - New Ship Artwork: Bladeliner
    - New Ship Artwork: Longwing
    - New Ship Artwork: Lancewing
    - 50 New Ship types including:
    Merchants: Star Lifter, Ridge Liner, Jump Lifter
    Smugglers: Skip Jammer, Corsair Cutter, Dragoon, Steel Lazar
    Pirates: Blightcruiser, Shortbow, Executioner, Corsair
    Military: Solar Cruiser, Harbinger Carrier Mk2, Dreadnought
    Bounty: Vlax Interceptor, Carnivore, Cobra, Predator, Saber
    Hives: Derelict, Templar, Drifting
    Alien: Xrangg, Jyeetax, Bollish
    Narvidian: Stalker, Hexor, Hive
    - Improved Performance
    - Fixed Reported Issues and Memory Leaks
    - Artwork Cleanup and Graphics Optimization

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@undeadcow - Android is definitely our home turf ;) We are constantly watching for signs of growing interest from the App Store community, as we want to reach more people with our games. One nice thing is that every game after Star Traders has been built on the Storyteller Engine (TB proprietary) which means if we port one of the (including Heroes of Steel) the effort to port the others (Cyber Knights) would be greatly reduced. Hope you will support HoS in whichever way you can (just sharing with your Android friends!!)

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#73 fallen, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    Star Traders Elite has switched into "Under Review" by Apple's team, so it should be available soon!

---
    Heroes of Steel Fantasy RPG KickStarter
    http://kck.st/W3SVMd

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Cool. Maybe next week then.

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Excited to say that Star Traders Elite has just been released to the App Store. We have had a ton of feedback that users don't like IAP (In-App Purchases) and that they wanted a simple, paid game! So, Star Traders Elite is the exact same game, for the exact same price ($1.99). Just no IAPs!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-traders-rpg-elite/id597751360?mt=8

If you enjoy the new game, or appreciate all the effort that Trese Brothers put into releasing a second version of the game for you, please leave us a good review on the App Store!!

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@nightc1 - the Elite version is now released! If you pick it up, we hope you can give us a rating as we have so few right now!

17. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    how many people told you that they didn't want IAP?

18. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #78 nightc1, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    Just found out its released. Buying now. :)

Edit:

Purchased! Will give it some time after I get home.

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am curious also; worry about a one time unlock IAP seems like such a frivolous complaint.

20. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #80 iPadisGreat, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    Downloaded...

Just to show my support for full versions, even though I am playing Weird Worlds and Shifts right now...

Can developer add auto rotation please?