Universal Star Trek Timelines (by Disruptor Beam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Never could have imagines a star trek game released and be this dead in forum.

2. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I like this game! Even as free to play. So much fan service, and pretty graphics. I've subscribed to the monthly dilithium reward, and like farting around with the game. Disclaimer: I'm a middle aged nerd who paid real money for the Star Trek themed After Dark screen saver back in the 1990s, and I cried when Leonard Nimoy died in 2015.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    How much dilithium do you get per day?

4. IronJupiter50

IronJupiter50 Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    You get 100 dilithium crystals per day with the monthly card.

5. IronJupiter50

IronJupiter50 Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    It is worth $3.99 for me just to see and hear the title loading screen. The merging of the different theme songs gives me chills every time I hear it. And I love Q and John de Lancie. Too bad his voice overs are mostly, if not only, in the beginning of the game.

With that said, this game is really grindy. You have to grind to get stuff to increase the stats of your crew. I like reading each mission, but on the 10th time it kind of gets on my nerves. Even with the monthly purchase, you have to grind a little before you can even use warp 1. I would only recommend this to hard core fans only. And I wish there were more things to do during the space battles.

6. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #26 JasonLL, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Wow that takes me back! I remember my reading teacher having both Star Trek 25th Anniversary and the Star Trek screensaver installed on the classroom Macintosh (quite sure it was a Mac although not 100% certain) at the time. Never did get to play 25th Anniversary until much later in life but I thought the screensaver was much cooler than the regular screensavers I had on my Amiga.

7. jackiemac

jackiemac Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    Enjoying the game. Played the entire weekend. The story is interesting as characters from other times and series are introduced. There is a bit of grinding. Vaguely reminds me of how you'd grind to get a certain item in World of Warcraft. Equipped items improve character stats and abilities.

Very nice graphics and sound.

Buy the Monthy Card iap. It supports the dev and gets you nice resources (dilithium) everyday for 30 days.

8. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Not for anyone other than trek fans (which I am) and just as others have said it's super grindy. Not really sure what the point it other than playing the missions out. I reached mission 3 and none of my team members come anywhere near close to finishing the missions. Not really sure what to do other than grind for the gear items. The amount of energy you have is also really really small. I can do a handful of missions then need to wait basically all day to play again ( time restrictions / family life). Speaking of which timers are the most annoying and stupid feature for anyone that has limited gameplay time. Sigh.

Would advise getting and playing to simply hear the voices and then you can probably delete it. Cool to see some of the characters they use

9. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Ok, I've been playing this for some days and I can say the idea is great, the actual game is quite nice (apart from ship battles which are dull and meaningless), but the monetization model is the worst I've ever seen in a game.
    You pay real money to get VIP points which give you permanent benefits. Greater amounts of VIP points mean higher VIP level and higher rewards.
    But the rewards are a joke!
    You don't get free chroniton (i.e. "energy") recharges; you don't get more free scans (i.e. random object), you don't get free credits/dilithium (apart from the monthly card that gives you 100 free dilithium for 30 days).
    Chroniton recharges need dilithium (premium currency)! Scan speed-ups need dilithium! You also get more credits (standard currency) based on your VIP points only if you buy them using dilithium.
    In other words, VIP status, which is earned by spending real money, just lets you use dilithium (= real money) more times to recharge various timers or get more standard currency.
    That's ridiculous!!! That's plain stupid!!
    If I want to spend $100 to recharge my energy 10 times a day, fine. But this game won't let you do that unless you first spend $50 to get to the VIP level that grants you the ability to spend money for 10 recharges. Otherwise you can only do it 3 times a day O_O
    Are you f*****g kidding me? You're telling me I have to give you money in order to be able to give you more money???
    That's the worst VIP program I've seen in years!
    If it weren't for the setting, I'd scrap this game instantly...

10. kumrabai

kumrabai New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    I really wanted to like the game because I love star trek. But the IAP model sucks. It really does. I've been known to pay, god knows. But you want to have the option of progressing with the premium currencies, no matter how slowly, by grinding etc. You just can't do that here....

Shame really - but maybe they're reading this and will consider a re-balancing?

11. Kiven

Kiven Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Male
    Frustrated Wrestler and Lifelong Gamer
    Philippines
    Also really wanted to love this game (Trekkie!) but ended deleting it. IAP sucks bigtime. Plus got bored with the mechanics. sigh

12. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    The iap remind me of playing an arcade game. You want to boost your timer? Insert coin.
    Oh you only have enough timer energy to play for 10 minutes, insert coin.

I'm literally not progressing in the game anymore because I'm always out of energy (timer) and the only way to replenish is to spend a really stupid crazy high amount of in game currency which I don't have.

Insert coin.

13. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Anybody still playing this? I'm surprised this didn't get more attention but I guess the F2P elements scared off a lot of ppl.

14. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    I'm still playing this, not very consistently, but still a few days in a week.
    It's been updated right now.
    Every feature updated seems really god, except this: "warp 10 becomes warp max", meaning it replays the mission the number of times affordable with your current chronitons.
    This sucks! With warp 10 I could replay one mission 10 times and then chose another one to play with warp/warp 10 if I can afford that.
    Now all my chronitons will be used on the one mission I activate "warp max" on. It's a very stupid change.

15. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Would have to concur about warp max. Better to let the user decide the number vs doing one mission X times. Namely if you want to get one of an item, not multiples.

16. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Is it just me or after the update it's impossible to login to the game? I tried on two different devices to no avail :/
    I don't have a Disruptor Beam account, I'm logged in through Facebook, but the game tells me there were problems connecting to the login server.