Star Trek Trexels - (by YesGnome, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Okay, after reading the last 5-6 pages, I bought it. Yes, I'm a trek fan and love TOS.

But.. I have to say, after playing for the last 10 mins, the first impression is bad :mad:

I went to one planet and did 5-6 thing, ALL of which were the same.. Shooting enemies.. Collect cubes, do research.. Collect cubes, fixing things.. Collect cubes.

To anyone on the fence, I say hold on to your money, right now this is about as much fun as a Star Trek soundboard.. Disappointed.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Even though I do not agree with your from time to time, I remain the opinion of "hold" to this app.

3. shereenelkadem

shereenelkadem New Member

Dec 13, 2013
    #83 shereenelkadem, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Charming game - Timers after spending 3 bucks

Not bad, lots of story, seems to be a lot to do and build. Like the mini games and slow build of the ship. Hate the timers and in-game currency (dilithium) which is hard to come by. Wasnt expecting timers in a game I spent money on, hopefully they can make it better. Will keep playing, decent experience all around. Recently bought star command, much happier with that purchase.

4. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Yup, star command is better IMHO. Timers literally stopped my progress for the next 10 minutes which sucks given this is not a free game.

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    ...begin to sound like the "2K Drive" fiasco all over again... To quote one famous anime character "Human always repeats the same mistake".

I dunno why people prefer Star Command, because all you do is combat and combat and more combat, but this one, theoretically has more variations.

Keep waiting for FTL, or may be Tiny Trek.

6. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Just hit a six hour timer on a room that had a 5 to 15 minute timer earlier.

Definitely paidmimum. This game model sucks. :(

7. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Nw I have a quest that requires 10 Dilithium to complete with a reward of only 3?!

8. aikavari

Apr 24, 2011
    Is there a consistent, reliable source of Dilithium?

9. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Okay, that's the last straw, six hour timer on a £2 game. Am contacting apple for a refund on this.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Must resist the urge to call names..........grghrghrg.........
    (Try and come up with a reasonable question?????????.......monkey thinking........)
    The app works perfectly fine as a game surely this is not a reason to ask for a refund:confused:?
    It's £2 I'm still on the first map screen and have had hours of fun out of this already and if that's not worth £2 of anyone's money I don't know what is.
    My daughter is going to see the hobbit on Friday and that's costing about £20 for two tickets.
    I'm totally lost by some people's value of money........................
    Nope can't comprehend reasoning argh splat my brain just died :eek:

11. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    in a game I paid £2 for, 15 min timers I dislike but will put up with, same for 30min but over an hour and it's a joke.

A 6hr timer in a paid game is crazy no matter how you spin it.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Maybe they're going on a really long trip ;)

13. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Not that I can see.

14. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011

You pay your money for the movie and snacks and you know what you're getting. There's no wondering if some dude ig going to show up demanding money before he lets you see any more of the movie. It interrupts the flow, it's (intentionally) irritating, and we have no clue how much more money we would have to sink into it. No idea of the value because of that.

Balanced like this, this should be freemium. Or take the timers out and I'd gladly pay a significant amount more.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've got some from the shooting mini game thing. Wouldn't say its a constant source but I've had some.

16. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I'm a huge TOS fan, but I must say that Sanuku's video put me right off.

Tapping scattered cubes to do just about everything looks like it would get old, very quickly.

Wish someone would port "DS9: The Fallen" or even "Away Team". Those, I liked. Even "Bridge Commander".

17. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Exactly. Someone on here accused ME of being part of the problem of why shitty freemium games are so popular on the app store (even though I've never spent a dime on one, but whatevs), but if you pay for this, you are telling developers that they can charge you for their app and THEN put in all the limitations and extra charges of a freemium game as well.

Is that what people want the future of the app store to look like?

18. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I got a very speedy reply from apple.

'I'm sorry to hear that the application you are playing has content issues. We really apologize for the inconvenience that it had cause you. I am (removed) an iTunes Store Advisor and rest assured that I can definitely help you.

I have reversed the charge. You will see 1.99 GBP added to your store credit balance in two business days. You may need to sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in before you see the credit in your account.'

I encourage anyone else who is very unhappy with the 6hr timers, to do the same.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World

Attached Files:

20. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Facepalm all you want.

I am not one of the tightfisted people on here that won't part with their money, I have bought many games £1-12 and lots at £4-5-6 and I have no problems with that at all.

But 6hr timers in a £2 game is stupid no matter how you spin it. Like I said earlier 15min-1hr timers I can put up with if I have to. I understand timers in freemium trash but not in paid games. Devs want to give us freemium content but have us pay up front for it. Sorry, I will not accept that.

I will now buy something worthy of my money, like GTA:SA.

I love Star Trek but this is just freemium at a price.. I bet it goes free within a month.