Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    ONLY a Flamethrower?
    I want a Ripley. If you don't know what I am talking about, go watch Aliens2, or read this:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3344133/1/Welcome_to_the_Regiment
    That's actually where the reference is from.
    Oh, and even if you do not like Warhammer40k, the 3 "Pondsworth and Griggs" stories from the same author are definitely worth reading, and should contain a few good laughs even for the most grimdark folks :)

2. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Oh and, DBC:
    Take it easy, relax a bit, spend time with your partner, go out, whatever.
    In short, take a break :)
    I only realised how much games can get to you after I had only 1-2 hours per day to play, due to real life constraints.
    Now, these little bits are quite precious to me, and doing a few runs on Mantis or PoisonPit until I get my daily Mithril are a huge boon. Yes, my progress is really slow. But on the other hand, it leaves me with a sense of accomplishment and something to look forward to, and not feeling the strain of grinding.
    Enjoy your time, and I for one hope that you will at least hang around again to keep us lost souls company...

Game-related: This sounds like a bug to me. Did you consider sending Freyr an email and have them check?

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks undead.exe
    Yes I have both the thunder and Perseus legs
    It's good to know there's an option:)

4. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Hi Touch Arcade Friends
    Just wanted to let you know I'll be taking an indefinite break from SW
    If I don't get to chat with you again best wishes to you
    Special thanks to Drummerboycroy and undead.exe for their overall enthusiasm and making it a great experience!!!
    I will keep the game on my device but I need a rest:)
    Take care and keep up the good fight in games and more importantly in life!!!!

5. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Take care, alter Bock :) don't know how to translate the joke into English, sorry.
    Enjoy your break. And if it is an endless one, rest assured that you were part of the small crowd who really got me into this game.

6. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thank you Sheinfell and glad we could inspire you to play this wonderful game !!!
    Have fun and take care:)

7. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Does anyone know if there is going to be an update?

8. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    According to Freyr's email reply, they're working on a "new game mode". Exactly what that is, I'm not too sure, but I'm quite intrigued. WHEN it comes out, I haven't a clue, but I'll be leaving SW on my iPad so I'll know when the update hits the net.

9. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    My, My.

Oh come on, people, keep it up! We're falling behind here! We're on the third page of the forums now! :eek: Oh, and by the way, we should really try a MMORPG that can span multiple systems. I mean, I'm getting lonely around here, since I only have an Android phone for 90% of the week. :( I've found that a couple of these games are somewhat interesting (Star/Pocket Legends is alright), but I really want to know if anyone will actually play with me. If not that game, then does anyone have an idea of what MMO/MMORPG we can all play together?

10. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    If the new mode is a PvP mode I'll be unsatisfied... It better get rid of freeloaders or sort them out...

11. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    Cartoon wars gunner? Pocket/Star legends have in app purchases making me hate them (almost all weapons cost the "mithril" type money)

12. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Its just so easy (at least for me) to earn plantinum. I've made like what, 40 by now? Its not that bad. I've probably played CWG before but never knew it was multiplayer...

13. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    It isn't... Oops :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:

14. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Star Legends looks moderately interesting. Pocket Legends not so much, mainly because I do not like the available characters.
    I do not have enough time to play to time-intensive games in parallel. How bad is the "encouragement" to buy IAP in Star Legends? Is it possible to go through the game and - most importantly - have fun, without being
    a) forced to buy IAP
    b) getting "buy some IAP" shoved in your face all the time?

15. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    From what I've seen, yes. You can access many different things without IAP. The shop icon is there, but I really don't see how Darth was pointing that weapons are all iAP. I agree that pocket legends is rather boring and way more iAP based, star legends is no. The loot system, FANTASTIC. Even more is, despite the critics, platinum for me was easy to earn. I even got myself a premium character with all the platinum I got free. Back to your #1 though. The loot system is amazingly great. For every chest you find (at least 5 per short level) you're automatically given a weapon or piece of armor corresponding to your zone levels. (I.e. a level 1-5 zone gets said loot levels 1-5) if any other players are in the same room as you when you/they open it, everyone in the room gets a different loot drop. It's come to the point where I have to sell my junk for one credit apiece (liquidate), auction off the rares, or give my drops to noobs lower than me. Saying that, IAP is totally unnecessary unless you want to aim for #1 SL player.

16. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Some of the weapons need IAP. A problem is that there is no store and you have to get weapons through monster drops or a market which players sell and buy each others weapons. I forgot about this game a while ago.

17. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How did you get the platinum? Offers? What level are you? Im level 14

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Do anyone play a plane game like ?

19. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Yeah. Just fill out surveys with fake info. Level eleven, started yesterday.

20. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Progress update for today:
    - made rank 9
    - bought my Andromeda boots
    - got another 2 million in the bank
    - and...made it into the PvE top1000. #915, with 1224 kills

Too bad I never see one of you guys around due to time difference.
    Oh, and if you see a player called "Rose & Love" or something similar, join in. S/he is really good, went through PP like a hot knife through butter, and a teamplayer to boot.