Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Not sure if you'll see this, but if you reply before I go offline, I could run a boss alongside you if you want :p

Your choice, and lemme know if you've got a password on the room!

2. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Awh, most unfortunate timing :( But thanks alot for the friendly offer, undead, I appreciate it!
    I just wrapped up things for today before hitting the hay.
    Is there a way to get push notifications about PMs? With the TA app, I'd guess?
    Will download it tomorrow and give it a shot.

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Ah, perhaps another time then buddy.

I'm not too sure about the TA app, I'm actually viewing this site from a desktop. And continuously hitting F5 over and over. It's quite a tedious process =.="

I think you can set it to send email notifications about PMs or something, but there may well be some sort of push notification with the actual app itself...

4. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I don't think there are notifications for PMs

5. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Its going to be tedious typing up a response to the extremely long one I sent you. :p

6. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    This is actually about star warfare :eek:
    Pretty much everyone I played with including DBC and undead (mentioned them because they used thunder) doesn't use the ability during the enemy wave and only the boss... Are there a good reason for it?

7. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    StarWarfare group created

I just discovered this group thingie TA offers (yesyes, I am still finding my way around here :> ) .
    To keep the thread a bit more clean I created a group for us:
    Star Warfare - Alien Invasion : Players' Group
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=559

I wasn't exactly creative with the name, so if anyone comes up with something nice and catchy, let me know and if I or enough others here like it, I will change the group name.

Is it possible to delete all the old posts in this thread that only deal with setting up matches?
    I went through 200 pages of the thread now, and it is extremely cluttered. Not to mention how hard it is to find information among all the noise...

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    We didnt't play together yet, but as I also use the Thunder and almost never use its ability during the wave, I pipe in too:
    There is no need to. Only the bull does not drop dead immediately, and that is because I did not level my weapons much yet.
    Plus, if you use it at the end of the wave, and time it wrong, you do not have it available when the boss fight starts.

9. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    During serpent the bull is hard to kill without getting hit by another alien too, so the ability comes in handy...

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    TA app

Just tested the TA app.
    It is not universal, so it only scales up on my iPad. So not looking good...
    And I could not find anything to activate push notifications for PMs, threads, or group messages. I will keep it on for a few days, just in case anyone figures out how to do that.

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I think there are only notifications for apps. Look at the gear at the top left corner which has the notifications

12. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Yes, no notifications for PMs etc. , only for apps and news, unfortunately.

13. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm still working on whether I HAVE a response to all those calculations. The only one I really have is that there's potentially some large variance in the numbers depending on whether percentages are added or multiplied -- no-one really knows when we can't see them.

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The ability is a godsend, but yes, I rarely use it during the alien waves. The main reason is that I'm quite comfortable without it, and for the same reasons as Sheinfell mentioned, I don't use it towards the end of the rush phase.

I haven't used the ability like this in a long time, but it used to be an emergency escape for me -- 10 seconds with an extra two points of speed is enough to run RIGHT out of a crowd if you're completely surrounded. Because I've figured out how to camp and defend a point on every map, I don't really need to use it like that anymore, so it's primarily used as a buff against the bulls and bosses (and increasingly used simultaneously with the Laser Cannon these days).

15. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    LIT07 Lasergun - Thoughts?

Guys, what is your opinion on the LIT07 Lasergun? Is it worth getting it, or is the Nova good enough as secondary/speed weapon?
    My primary weapon will be the M27B machinegun, your opinions on it convinced me to use mainly this one.
    I have 150 Mithril left after purchasing an 8€ pack to show some support for the developers (I got the game for free, and am perfectly willing to shell out good bucks for a good game - although I prefer fullprice games to IAP/Freemium), and getting the SAM-005 backpack.

Any recommendations on what to spend Mithril for are greatly appreciated.

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I haven't actually seen that many people using the LIT07, people seem to prefer the Crab. For multiplayer purposes, you'll actually want the Nova OVER the LIT07, because there's a glitch you can use which causes the Nova's firing rate to change from 0.25 to 0.16 -- the damage output becomes utterly obscene for a weapon with no speed penalties.

150 Mithril...depends on what you want to do with it, I guess. If you want to speed up your gold profits, the SAM pack is good. The Windblade seems to be a hot item for just about everyone who likes to hack and slash stuff, but that's more for fun rather than efficiency next to the M-27B1. Various other mithril backpacks have useful effects, but those two are what I'd recommend.

I just got your message, having a little bit of trouble seeing you online >.<

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Oops, only just re-read this post and saw you had the SAM backpack after that game >.<

Another few items came to mind, depending on how you want to play the game: you might have noticed that I'm wearing some VERY strange hybrid armour in that last match together. That's currently the most profitable armour configuration there is for gold bonuses (adds an extra 55% gold), assuming you can live with how much the Andromedae Legs will slow you down. If you wanted to know what I'm using, here's the set-up:

• Head - Phoenix Head: 10% gold, 5% power, costs 130 Mithril (Perseus, Thunder, Titan and Hydra heads give the same gold bonus, but all have less HP)
    • Chest - Cygni Chest: 5% gold, costs $2,500,000
    • Arms - Andromedae Hands: 5% gold, 5% power, costs 150 Mithril (often substituted with Thunder Hands for power, or Perseus Hands for HP)
    • Legs - Andromedae Legs: 10% gold, 5% power, MINUS one speed, costs $2,700,000 (often substituted with Perseus Legs for mobility).

Basically, the equipment I have is relatively mithril intensive, but it's the best combination of HP and power after optimising gold bonus. I've yet to spend any real money on this game, but I've been playing long enough to amass a fair bit of mithril (the laser cannon might've given that away >.>).

18. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Thanks for the feedback, undead.

Will skip the LIT in favour of buying some armor stuff for now.
    Crab is already on my shopping list, but before that my M27 will get a few upgrades.

Guess what? My armor shopping list looks exactly like what you wear.
    From reading here, I figured that I will need boatloads of money for upgrading weapons. So I went and noted down everything that gives a gold bonus, and ended up with your setup :)

And I read about the Nova glitch, but I don't do PvP, so I won't use it.

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #3919 undead.exe, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Yeah, above all, your chaingun needs its upgrades. Once you've got it at level 8, you've actually got all the equipment you need to take out all five bosses on your own with the chaingun and Thunder Armour. That being said though, if you want to maximise your profit, fight in a team of three for the first two times you face a boss in a day. One extra person causes everything to drop 25% more gold, whereas two extra teammates will make everything drop 50% more. Players can leave or die before you get to the boss, what's important is that you start a match with a full room.

I guess you might have already picked it out, but the amount of gold a boss drops will decrease every time you defeat it in a day. The second time you defeat it, it will drop 50% of what it did the first time. From the third time onwards, base gold is reduced to 25%. That's why you should ideally fight in a team of 3 for the first two times; it doesn't matter as much from the third time onwards, because the percentage won't drop any lower.

Last piece of advice: if the Andromedae legs are making it too hard to survive, you might want to consider switching them out for something which INCREASES speed rather than decreasing it. It's a bit trickier to survive in a full room on Double Rages and Serpent if your teammates don't pull their weight, because it's harder to dodge certain attacks (projectiles on Double Rages, and poisoned ground on Serpent). Asasnator has mentioned that he has no trouble surviving with the speed the Andromedae legs will put you at though, so it might just be a lack of skill on my part. Try it out and tell me if you have better luck when you get there :p

----------

Edit: Also thought I should mention that if you're patient enough to fight every boss until they drop mithril twice per day, it should take you no longer than 16 days to pick up both pieces of the mithril armour that you want. If you have other things you want to do with the mithril though, you could easily use the Perseus Head instead - the Phoenix Head has 1000 more HP and 5% more power, but mithril's a little more troublesome to stockpile compared to gold, since you've already got the SAM backpack.

In the long-term though...it's as you originally thought: you need a LOT of gold to upgrade stuff, whereas mithril is only needed for buying things once. The Laser Cannon is a fun toy, but I suspect the two mithril armour pieces are a little more practical for actually gold farming.

20. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Re: gold farming details:
    Yes, found all that in thread after wading through alot of posts. Thanks for putting the info up in more comprehensive form.

Re: Andromedae Legs
    They are S...l...o...w , with a capital s. And the speed penalty from the machinegun makes me feel like a snail, albeit one that is armed and dangerous.
    (Should keep that as motto: "Fear the snail, for it is armed and dangerous.")

They are good for when you are
    a) stationery , e.g. when farming Lair level
    b) good with anticipating boss attacks, so you have more time to react

Not so good when you have to rely on speed to dodge attacks or get away from something fast.
    Will see how I fare with a fully upgraded machinegun.

Re: Mithril farming
    I have neither the time nor patience to fight every boss several times per day. And from what I read here, the Mithril droprate decreases dramatically after the first drop.
    I don't mind if it takes me longer, but at a much reduced frustration level.

Final thought:
    When I find the time, I will collect all the good info here (like on golddrops, weapon/armor loadouts, general tips, strategies) and put it in a separate thread/post in the new StarWarfare group here on TA. This should hopefully make it easier for new players to find relevant information. Everyone else, feel free to do the abovementioned, as it will most likely be a few days or even longer until I get around to that.