Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    No problem. I have been playing this game since around Feb 17th or so, love the game. Though I'm starting to get a little bored now that their really isn't much left for me to do except well help out other players. =p And yet I only have gotten a total of 72 mithril...not really enough to buy anything good, probably gonna buy that backpack SAM-005-I with the 25% more gold and 25% more exp if nothing better comes out with the next update. Hopefully they will come out with something better, and have it be purchasable with gold...have 40mil now DX

2. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Hey, I just had glitch happen to me. I logged on today to get my daily reward which it was the fifth day so I should get 3 mithril. When I logged on I got my reward...but when I went to go host a match, my game crashed and when I started the game back up, I no longer had my 3 mithril I was suppose to have gotten from logging on for the fifth day. I tried logging on again and it gave me nothing, and I tried killing a boss to see if anything else reset, but nothing did, I still got a small amount of money from the boss as if I were still playing the day before...even though it was a new day and everything should have reset and I should have gotten my reward. Please Fix.
    It crashed when I was going to select a map to play in co-op. And when I reset my device and closed other apps, it still happened again. Though I tried again a little later and it all worked, but I still did not receive my reward for logging on for the fifth day and none of the boss's cash or mithril has been reset.

3. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #463 Asasnator, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    Sorry for triple post. >.< But I think the developers need to read this.

I'm sure most people would agree, their NEEDS to be a "Are you sure you want to spend xxxx gold/mithril?" (depending on what we are trying to spend) whenever we buy anything. Also you NEED to add it to the ammo purchasing because I almost accidentally spent ALL of my gold on ammo...which would have been really bad. Or possibly since ammo and gold are 1 for 1, possibly have a selection to revert your energy back into gold 1 for 1 in case we accidentally type in one or two extra 0's (using the box that we can type in what amount of gold we want to spend) or if we accidentally hit that little bar (the bar asking how much of our money we want to spend on ammo) on the far right side meaning all of our money and if we accidentally it "Ok" instead of "Cancel".

Bottom line, having something ask us "Are you sure you want to spend xxxx gold/mithril?" "Yes" or "No" would be really a great addition.

Though it is not needed for the gold "items" like assists, health, and first-aid you can purchase in the shop, the assits only cost 2,000 and the health items only cost up to 20,000. But it would be nice to have it on the mithril "items" like revival items and the full health healing items.
    Hope the next update fixes some of these small issues! =]

4. BlazinHand

BlazinHand Member

Feb 19, 2012
    #464 BlazinHand, Mar 11, 2012
    oops! connection lost.
    oops! connection lost.
    oops! connection lost.
    oops! connection lost.
    oops! connection lost.

am i the only one who is getting disconnects all the time? its like i only get to see the boss in 2 out of 10 games.. 3 times monsters get stuck under the floor and 5 times i get disconnected....
    and there really needs to be made a more coop friendly adjustment cuz i dont play with higher level players... i always create a new game again and again till there are 2 noobs with me. they die fast and i get alot more money from the monsters and the bosses are much easier solo.... i guess someone already wrote that before.. anyway :)

5. BlazinHand

BlazinHand Member

Feb 19, 2012
    just maxed the crab

1 - 200
    2 - 230
    3 - 270
    4 - 320
    5 - 380
    6 - 460 (7.200.000 $ from 5 to 6)
    7 - 560 (10.800.000 $ from 6 to 7)
    8 - 700 (16.200.000 $ from 7 to 8)

6. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    As for disconnecting it might just be you, I have very rarely gotten d/c and I think that was probably because I was pretty far away from my router. Though I have noticed that if you ever turn your ipod/iphone/ipad into sleep mode, you will lose connection if you don't turn it back on within 10 seconds or so (obviously lol).

What happens to me most, though it doesn't happen a lot, maybe happens 2 to 4 times a week (and I usually play for 30mins or so each day) is that my game will crash when I go to host a game on co-op. It is annoying, but once it happens and I reset the app, it doesn't happen again for a few days..though it was really annoying that the other day when I logged on to get my daily reward thing, it crashed and I lost my reward and did not receive it for another whole day.

Yeah I hope in the next update they fix that issue of the alien being stuck or just not spawning. I have actually killed a "stuck" alien, it spawned outside the map and I had to run my character against the wall so I could see outside the map, and if you use a gun like M-2781 that has a long barrel, you can actually shoot outside the map and kill it if you know where the alien is. but that has only happened once...also I have noticed sometimes a alien will get stuck at a spawn point, you can see it and kill it but the alien is just sitting their idle not trying to attack you or anything.

7. BlazinHand

BlazinHand Member

Feb 19, 2012
    #467 BlazinHand, Mar 11, 2012
    thx for the reply! that really happens alot to me its so annoying. i was trying to look out for monsters outside of the map but didnt find any yet. now i know that this can actually happen.
    yea and i hope that new update will come soon since its really boring when you have all the best stuffz maxed out and there is nothing left to do :) only the achievements... but i dont really wanna spend 200 mithrils for 100 first aid kits :p

8. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #468 Asasnator, Mar 11, 2012
    Well that one time that I was able to kill a monster outside the map, it was on the lair map and it was right before siegefried's battle. Also the monster that spawned outside of the map was a flying wasp type alien...so I don't know if you can find an alien that can't fly, they might just glitch and fall through the level and continue to fall forever...lol

Yeah, I hope the update is some time soon, I believe they said that the last update was "rushed" meaning that they didn't get to release all the stuff they had wanted too. I think they were planning on releasing an equal or at least more amount of gear that WAS NOT mithril type gear, but it just wasn't finished when they released the update. (Though I should probably go back a few pages to see exactly what they said) So maybe in the next update their will be a majority of nonmithril gear instead of mithril gear released since the they still have to release the gear that was supposed to be released from last update. =D Cause honestly...their really isn't much to do past rank 10. By rank 10 or possibly early rank 11 (depending on how much other stuff you bought) you should have full thunder gear, nova27 and M-2781 upgraded maxed which is all you really need to be able to beat all the current content that is released.

EDIT: Here I found that quote. Read number 3.
    Also number 5 will lead you to believe the next "Online Co-op Mode" will be PVP (Player vs. Player). Though I was kind of already guessing that based off how they changed what the leader-board said, it went from "MAX Kills" to "MAX Kill (PVE)" which makes me think their will be a "MAX Kill (PVP)" in the next update. =D

9. Gridley17

Gridley17 New Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I've been playing the game for several weeks now and loving it. Slowly grinding/building up my weapons/armor. It wasn't till the last couple days though that I noticed my gold earned has been going lower and lower.

I used to earn 200k+ gold from completing a Poison Pit run (with the boss). Dunno if its from higher rank or what, but last couple runs I think I've got maybe somewhere between 15k-40k gold for the boss and about the same from the mobs. Mind you I was doing the majority of the dmg on the boss. And to top it off I finally killed the Sigfreid dragon boss, and I'd estimate I did about 40% of the total damage onto him. My 2nd and 3rd teammates died before the boss did. When all was said and done, I got just slightly over 5,000 gold from killing it. Seriously? Either this is a bug, or I must not be taking something into account. ANY help would be much appreciated. Could it have to do with the ranks of my teammates...?

10. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #470 Asasnator, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    @Gridley17 The amount of money you get from aliens increases based on how many people you have when you start the game, I believe it is like 50% for two players, and 75% or so for 3 players.

As for boss battles, EVERY TIME you kill a boss the money you get the next time for killing ANY BOSS will be halved. So if you kill the mantis boss once, and then you go and try to kill siegefried or poison pit boss, the money you get from them will also be halved. And when you kill ANY boss a second time, the money is halved AGAIN and AGAIN and so on till you eventually reach 0 gold earned each boss kill.

This however will reset everyday at midnight (at least it does for me, I'm in central time) then you will get the full amount of gold for the first kill of the day and it will be halved every time after till the next day.

So for the first kill of the day, and possibly the 2nd and 3rd maybe 4th, try to kill the hardest boss you can, I believe you get around 111,110 for mantis, 199,996 for poison pit, 299,998 for siegefried, and 444,443 for Double Rages. I personally don't care to try and kill Double Rages because you can get more or about the same money from siegefried's level with much more ease. I posted what I did to get a lot of gold back a page. Should check it out. =]

11. Gridley17

Gridley17 New Member

Mar 12, 2012
    thanks for the info Asasnator! I hope that's the case and it'll reset soon, but I dont think i've killed that many bosses today. I guess I'll find out in a few hours, but at least I know what to watch out for now.

12. BlazinHand

BlazinHand Member

Feb 19, 2012
    i prefer the double rages. this is the amount i get for the first kill after reset.
    [​IMG]

13. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #473 Asasnator, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    The reason your numbers are so high is because you are using the pegasus armor and your using the backpack SAM-005-I which will give you a total of 30% more gold. I know this because if you take your number 577,777/1.3 you get 444,443 which is the base amount. Also the only way you can get 30% more gold is using that armor combination unless you were using the fortune armor head..but I doubt that since you need better armor then that to actually get to the boss and you have 653 mithril.

Also yes if you wanna buy full pegasus armor and whatever else, sure go kill Double Rages with 3 players, but for the average player who doesn't buy mithril, siegefried spamming is the best way for gold. Because trying to beat Double Rages with full thunder armor and the backpack ECO-03-VI which gives you a total of 20% more gold will be extremely difficult.

14. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #474 Asasnator, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    Also another cool idea would be to add the total time it took us to finish the level in the score screen, whether we died or not. To help give us an idea about how long it takes us to complete said boss battle or how long it took us to get xxx amount of kills in the infinite wave levels.

Also it would be nice if you would make a button or possibly just make the bonus button "clickable" and have it show us more detailed information about what categories (e.g. $gold pick-ups, combos, and gold bonus from other players killing aliens) the gold came from to total up to the bonus. Though this doesn't NEED to be added, but it would be nice. =]

I wish they would add possibly an easier boss, doesn't have to drop much gold like maybe 30,000 (so higher ranks don't farm it) or so and doesn't have to drop any mithril, but it definitely would help keep newer players interested and excited to try the higher ranked bosses when they become available. Though don't spend to much time creating it, I'd to see some more end game content as well. =]

15. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    at .99 i'm game! Reading the reviews makes it sound pretty good

16. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    The game is awesome, though a few things you need to be expecting. You really can't do boss battles (unless someone really high rank, like 11 or 12 wants to carry you) till around rank 6 or 7 when you can finally get the thunder armor or atom armor. You can probably kill a boss earlier if your better then the average gamer, though you need to know the boss attack patterns. I killed my first boss at rank 6, had full thunder armor so I could get hit a few times and still be able to fight. Don't even attempt the Poison Pit boss or Siegefried boss till your rank 7 to 9, the aliens that you have to kill before the boss battle will have a ton of hp and probably kill you in one to two hits.

So really don't be expecting you can start killing endgame stuff right away, you need to actually work your way up.

The game has an awesome upgrade system, I hope they add more to it in the next update, you shouldn't really need to farm gold till around rank 5-6 so just do regular single player levels or beginning level co-op matches, and don't upgrade your first weapon, buy a slightly better one, because they are so cheap, and upgrade that weapon.

Also you might feel you need to buy mithril, but it is completely doable without buying mithril and the end game gear is pretty even with the mithril stuff taking everything into account. Though buying mithril will make it a lot easier, but I personally think that defeats the purpose of playing a game, I like to earn my stuff.

17. Gridley17

Gridley17 New Member

Mar 12, 2012
    it would seem I'm bugged and my boss reward level is not resetting. Just got 2.5k reward for killing the Sigreid dragon. Anyone else having this issue? Kinda sketchy the only way to contact Freyr is via a gmail address (which I just did) =/

18. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Have you killed any other boss before you killed siegefried? If so that is why your gold earned is so low. The halving of the gold earned goes towards every boss once you have killed any boss once, and happens again and again till your reward earned from any boss is 0.

Though you could have had what happened to me a couple days ago, I logged online and when I went to go host a game and select a map/boss fight, it crashed on me. When I went back to the app, the boss battle's reward was not reset, and I no longer had my reward for logging on for the day. When I logged back online it didn't give me my reward back. Though the next day it gave me the same reward and everything finally reset.

19. Sinned

Sinned Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Where is the Update of this Game (Freyr talk about it in the Last Version)?

20. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #480 Asasnator, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    Freyr hasn't talked about the update in sometime now. Last I saw was in that quote I posted on this page or a page back. Freyr seemed to be hinting at that there was going to be adding a PVP type of game mode, hopefully more then one type of PVP game mode. Also they said they will be adding more nonIAP gear, just had no time to implement it in the last patch.

As to when they plan to release the next update, only freyr would know. They haven't said anything about releasing their next update, at least they haven't on this board.