Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Now MANTIS is chucking a Siegfried on you?

I wonder if our monstrous little friends are going through The Great Depression of Mithril...

2. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I don't use it because it loses power and melee
    damage reduction for only one speed. In small areas where there could be a WB user hiding behind a wall, Perseus is more useful

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!

4. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    That's sorta why I don't run too close to walls through corridors if I've already confirmed the presence of Windblade and Trinity users...good point though. Perseus is pretty much anti-Windblade on its own already >.>

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    As I've said many times before, it's not even all that important, but yeah, 50+ various boss fights in the past 48 hours (writing breaks;)), and 5-6 Mithril?

It must me all that "balance" I keep hearing about...:rolleyes:

DBC

6. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    If you have cash to splurge, then by all means, please -- they're all excellent weapons :D

...I think we have a new honourary turtle :p:D

7. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Well let me say something too undead.exe, when half noob (15,000 hp), the nova was my most feared gun with trinity in second. The laser cannon was very rare and I think I only saw that once during my half noob time.

I have tried many a time different combos and hybrid armor+nova+trinity is my favorite, the reason not bringing any other guns is switching them becomes difficult, but sometimes maybe a sniper but rarely.

DBC you might wanna try PvP for the fact that no "freeloaders" are there and no "unfair mithril drops" but the gold drs are 2000 per kill, very very little. With that said wanna PvP?

8. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Half-noob? Yeah, the Trinity would have been lethal to you then -- you wouldn't have had the speed to run away, nor would you have been too familiar with the map layouts yet, I suspect...

If you're interested, I might PM you some equipment ideas I've got specifically for PvP. They might make no sense to you at first, but I'm hoping to test out a beta-version of it pretty soon... :p

9. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How many ideas do you have?

10. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    About two or three at the moment. I'll elaborate more once I've figured out whether they can be used or not, but I think I've actually mentioned them a little earlier in the thread somewhere... :p

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Like the two rpg+cyngi combo?

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Truth be told...the expanded set-up now involves THREE RPGs. I don't have the gold to buy and upgrade a third one just yet, so I'm substituting it with a Trinity right now.

Also messing around with the Nova and the Laser Cannon as a pair. I'll let you know if it works :p

13. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah, tell me how combos involving the laser cannon. Just using it like the crab

14. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Black stars was the most effective from what I've seen, nova is more effective than laser cannon it seemd. >.<

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The black stars is more effective than what?

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    With the Laser Cannon, you know how it has a start-up time, right? You can actually ignore the start up time if you start firing another weapon first, and then SWITCH to the Laser Cannon - it will start firing with no lag. I was trying to use that alongside the Nova-27 just then -- except I sorta forgot to glitch the Nova, so the resulting effect was quite weak =.="

One other thing I shoud mention: while trying to simultaneously hold down the right stick and switch weapons, I messed up my aim a little, because switching weapons sometimes caused my character to look up or down a little because of the swiping motion. In other words, it's probably not that good a technique to try using at long range.

-------------------

As for what JediKnight just said about the Black Stars...it's not quite accurate. What happened was that I was using THREE weapons in quick succession on him (thanks for being the test subject, by the way :p). Each RPG has a relatively low firerate, so what I was doing was switching between the RPGs sequentially, resulting in rockets being continuously fired. The effect is downright destructive at close range.

(By the way, I don't actually have 3 RPGs right now, so the rocket combination was actually Black Stars --> RPG-31 --> Trinity, using the Trinity as a simulation of a rocket at close range)

Also note that I was using the Cygni set, so despite a severe lack in power, RPG damage was boosted by 30 percent. I think I'm in love with this set-up :D

17. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Surprisingly deadly, now I have to get me one of those black stars

18. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    When I switch that fast, it messes up my aim because I'm not used to firing while my other finger is switching.

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4879 undead.exe, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Yeah, that's one of the problems with this technique -- except you don't really need to aim so much at close range, right? :D

If you want to transition that technique onto long-range weapons...yeaaaah, I think we're gonna need some serious practise, if that's even viable =.="

----------

Also, if you have an iPad stand, USE IT -- it helps a lot with some of the techniques I'm trying to use (having something to lean your iDevice against helps steady your hands and control your aim a little more while firing and switching simultaneously)

I'm not sure whether that really helps with iPhone and iPod Touch users though, since it's a relatively small device that's balanced easily to begin with -- the main problem with the iPad is that if you try to do that without leaning against something, you're probably going to make it rock left and right because of its sheer weight, which sorta throws my aim off...

20. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Undead you multiplied your 1.35 by the 1.3. From stk. So then I should multiply. 1.4 by 1.3 so my damage is actually 1.82.