Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I have the Cygni chest
    Would it be good to get the complete set?
    What would go good with this set?

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #4882 undead.exe, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Clarification: the 1.35 comes from the power bonuses offered by the STK and the Cygni Hands (I think, or was it a different armour piece...). The 1.3 multiplier comes from having the full Cygni set -- it's completely unrelated to the STK itself.

The 1.3 multiplier ONLY applies to the way the damage works on the full Cygni armour. The armour bonus description reads that "RPG damage is boosted by 30%". It's the same story for the Atom Armour and beam weapons.

The calculation you just did assumes that the STK multiplies the power bonuses from your armour pieces - sadly, that isn't the case. If you're not quite sure about that, go to the store menu with your hybrid armour, and put the Black Stars on your character. Check what the power number reads, and figure out the calculations for it. Then change your "store" armour to all Cygni pieces (i.e. make it look like you want to buy the whole Cygni set). Check the number, and do the calculations - last I recall, it should be the way I just described it above.

3. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Its all your opinion. Its good to have some extra speed, but some weapons that would complement the cyngi are RPGs, laser weapons, and the crab.

4. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The Cygni set isn't particularly powerful or defensive - it's mostly known for its insane speed. I wouldn't recommend using it in PvE unless you're getting bored of the normal playstyles like DBC, who's now considering an agile playstyle without the M-27 for the joyride :p

If you happen to play PvP...read back a few posts. Using 3 RPGs consecutively after each other on the Cygni armour results in absolutely obscene close-range damage. The problem is that RPGs are ridiculously expensive -- think of it like buying and upgrading one-and-a-half Laser Cannons, roughly >_____>

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Oh boy...Superion is gonna LOVE this...

If he incorporates that same technique into the two railguns, and uses it alongside his Laser Cannon, his base dps is going to rise by about 700 points - quite possibly breaching the 5000 mark.

6. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Just started to upgrade the crab but I do have full Perseus so maybe I shouldn't worry about full Cygni

7. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I haven't played PvP for quite some time so maybe just stay with what I have and hope Freyr adds a mind control weapon in the next update:)
    Thanks for the info

8. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    You know I thought about the Black stars but then realized it isn't very good unless paired with other RPG too... And power boost. It's power is horrible compared to most weapons, I just noticed that the firerate is 1.8, I thought it was 1.3.:eek: Yeah gonna not get that gun, gonna make some experiments though...

9. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #4889 JediKnight, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Done with experimen, a +8000 health restored all of my health. InPvP
    So did a +3500.
    I am gonna get a health regenerating pack now...

So did a +1500

10. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    What does thme green dot by my name mean?

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I will try Freedom in PvP.

12. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    In the social group? I think it means that your online

13. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I tried the +60 hp per second one, epic.

14. vicedestroy248

Jul 27, 2012
    Lol:D

15. vicedestroy248

Jul 27, 2012
    At Korea airport,going to Vietnam,two days of no wifi and one day of no water:(

16. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Walked into 2 cyngi users both with crabs and I used trinity, got the flag and came out unharmed. Then a stupid windblade user with pheonix killed me, but still the firwt part was epic, almost died and then hid quietly until having almost full health.:D:cool:

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Don't forget the speed penalty too. It's for that very reason that I don't use the Black Stars unless I've got the Cygni armour equipped, because its base stats are 1400dps with a speed penalty of -1.5 points. It's quite a mediocre weapon if you haven't got the right gear supporting it.

@Enjoo and JediKnight: By the way, I forgot to mention that my second RPG wasn't fully upgraded yesterday. At level 8, the one rocket it fires is actually supposed to be stronger than all three of the Cygni rockets combined o__O

18. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    How long does it take for your HP to regenerate at 60HP per second? You could use that to work out how much HP is being scaled down by in PvP, although I suspect weapons are also being scaled to some degree. (If your armour's HP is approximately 1500 in PvP, then the base damage of the Black Stars should have already killed you yesterday with 2 out of 3 rockets - and you were surviving all three rockets when the damage was increased by a good 75%)

How're you finding the 20% chance of damage immunity? I imagine that should come in pretty handy :p

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Ditched the M, picked up the Nova, and leveled it up today...

It's actually quite fun in the initial wave, but tough for the actual boss fights. I managed to solo all of them with it (about 2/3s of the Rages after my team died), but I would not recommend it. I had to pop a +25,000HP and 3 HCs on Siegfried, and even then, it took about an hour... j/k

Really, really fun for Mantis and PP though, actually brings back some of the suspense...

DBC

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #4900 undead.exe, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    Hey DBC...apparently, you CAN take a glitched Nova into boss runs o__O

To do so, go start or join a PvP match. You can leave immediately afterwards if you'd like, you just need to have been in it to trigger the glitch.

Now, without terminating the game from the taskbar (preferably without logging out from online mode), go start or join a boss room, and *listen* to what happens when you fire your Nova... :eek::eek::eek:

Note that the glitch undoes itself after playing in a boss room, so if you want to trigger it again, you need to join and leave/finish a PvP match again. But yeah, you should find that gun SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful with its glitched rate of fire :D

---------------------

If you have no qualms about using this technique, then you've just obtained a mini Laser Cannon without the charge-up time, overheating and speed penalty. Ammo cost is roughly the same as the Crab when fired over the same period of time, but damage is NOTICEABLY stronger. Enjoy :p