Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Thunder with trinity(just doesn't have enough hp)
    Atom with nova(my trinity is weak)
    Power armor with blademaster and WB (my nova was weak)
    So ended up with my original playstyle.:(

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Yeah, nothing is going to approach the level of power balance that your original set-up already has. Everything else you can move to from here will require a trade-off. Keep some of those ideas in your head, though -- it's not bad to shake things up every so often, particularly against friends of yours who think you're always going to use yor original playstyle :p

3. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    There are only 2 ways to fend it:
    • RPG combo
    • My playstyle itself
    But I do have another thing...

4. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm relatively sure that the Thunder/Blademaster/Windblade set-up is dangerous to your set-up too - you might have the upper hand at long range, but you'd really have to make sure you kill the opponent before he can slash at you. The principle's the same as the RPG combo - the level of damage it does at close range far exceeds most regular combinations. Hence why it's important to figure out an opponent's comfort zone, and then drag him riiiiight out of it...

5. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Yeah I have seen that but not many users have the ability when they come at me, besides I have speed 10 and they have 9, I tried that but always have been killed, and for the RPG combo, I won't be playing with you anytime soon:eek:. Just kidding, I wantto try something, very vrry bad weapon but fair combo I think.

6. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Did you want to try it against me, or just against some random guinea pigs in PvP? >.>

Sheinfell, looks like you're right - having a runner go and capture the flag is a ridiculously effective tactic when you're running from cover-to-cover, particularly when most opponents are too distracted trying to kill your teammates :p

7. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Already tried it, not going up against your nukes again.:eek::eek:
    It is like your RPG combo except this is when sneak atraking someone I just fire a rocket to hopefully get them and start trinitying them to death.

8. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #5048 undead.exe, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Frankly, that is probably smarter - you maintain control of your aim much better than I do. That's some food for thought if I'm not getting murdered by a Trinity or Windblade >.>

I just went for a few CTF matches. We were literally getting wiped out by the other team because they had some diverse playstyles and incredible teamplay overall: a Perseus Windblader (close-range), a Nova-wielding Atom gunner (mid-long range), a Thunder sniper, and a hybrid Trinity.

Individual players, I can take out, but with the attention of 3 or 4 different attacks focused on me when they're spread out a bit so I can't catch them with splash damage -- yeah. They were dismantling my team quite easily. Individual set-ups are very powerful in one-on-one situations, but effective teams are something awe-inspiring.

9. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Yeah excactly why RPG combos kind of are hard for me. How does this have to do with anything, well the thing is I must be prepared to carry my team. So I must have both close and long range weapons and when wanting to get nova, I end up with a rocket launcher, so I am anticipating another tactic, haven't done it yet though... It is for CTF only, for anything else my setup is all I need. It is a speed setup with not very much power, called Go go go. Using the touch and go.

10. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Quick question: What does energy mean, and how is it used/gained?

11. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah, I need a playstyle that fits my loadout. In mc3 I needed a load out that fits my playstyle and still haven't found it. It's going to take a while...

12. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Energy is your ammo. You use it by firing a weapon. Ex) A weapon uses 5 energy, so you fire a shot, and it uses 5 energy. You gain it by buying it. The exchange rate is 1:1

13. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Ohhh that explains a lot. ok thanks

14. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Whats the best backpack to save up for by the way

15. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Depends on playstyle, we like the STK-06-ZZ because of speed and power. The SAM pack for mithril is good. What rank are you, and what do you have?

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Or you could go with a loadout that fits your playstyle... :p

Not sure if that's what you actually meant, but there's a big difference to trying to adapt your skills to the weapons you're holding, or changing your gear to suit your favourite playstyle. The Laser Cannon doesn't feel that precise for me in PvP, which is why I like the glitched Nova-27 for its utterly insane rate of fire -- if you're not sure about your aim, just spraaaaaay away >.>

You any good with sniping? That seems to be all the rage with my friends who play other first-person shooters >.>

Otherwise...possibly something explosive? Or just a good old automatic rifle for mid-range combat? Or if you can actually choose your buffs in MC3, perhaps a bit of speed if you're like me in all other FPS's -- run up and melee them in the face if that's a one-hit kill >.>

17. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I actually like the fIrst gun more than most... The only other gun I want is the KR600, what about you?

18. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Haha, I usually like snipers but this game kind of ruined them no offense. You don't even use them actually as a sniper. I love explosives(resulting in a c4 explosive in MC3.) so trinity is here. Woohoo!:cool:

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I like the last gun. It's so accurate. People say the OPS is powerful, but I never got the hang of it. KR is good for camping. Intercept is a 1 hit kill with FMJ so I use it when aim assist
    Is on

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There's sorta no "headshot" mechanism in this game, so true sniping was sorta out of the question to begin with.

The other problem with encouraging true sniping in this game is the way the characters move: no matter how much or little you push the left stick, your character is always moving at the same speed. This means that players may only change the speed that they are moving at by either switching to a weapon with a different speed penalty, or by firing their weapon. The snipers themselves also can't control how fast or slow they sidestep if that's how they want to adjust their aim. In short, there's a complete lack of finesse and precision in character mobility and movement, something which is quite integral to the art of precision sniping and headshots.

On the topic of realism...don't you find it strange that we can shoot rockets and exploding arrows into the ground and not get hurt from our own explosions? I wish that happened in real life o____O