Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #581 Asasnator, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    Haha you too!

yeah..something a little more difficult would be fun lol

2. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Not gameplay related, but I guess...UI related, what I would like to see most be implemented would be the ability to add my friends to my games through game center or some other method, and also to be able to text in lobbies to other players. Their are other UI related things I would like added or modified, but those two would be the two that I feel that are most needed.

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I think a solution for unbalanced PvP matches would be to have a skill level limit maybe by rank so some can't just buy everything without even playing the game and start with the best gear. However this would mean in lower skill matches these people would dominate people trying to play for free in this case I guess depending on equipment level make sure that the teams are even and have the match start and end with the same people. Maybe in addition to rank people could have a number that is based on in game stats in single and multiplayer modes plus rank and equipment, with all this combined it could automatically determine how good someone is an automatically have fair teams etc...

As for people leaving right after a boss or survival co-op just make anyone who drops out on purpose either not receive money or lose money... I know alot of people leave because they run out of ammo are about to die and that's ok but just joining to get the extra money ruins trying to set up a mission.

Finally, there needs to be a way to make sure everyone is awarded for team work for example I beat the poison boss fighting as hard as I could using up 3 heals and alot of ammo and only received 80,000$ it should be everyone splits the money and mythril as long as they are helping to complete the mission no matter their rank or gear... And I think mythril should be given out more frequently and in bigger amounts... For example everyone whos alive and help kill the boss automatically should get mythril then whoever did the best whith what they had gets extra...

And about PvP matches... Money and mythril should be gained as well as experience... Or too make matches even better u can make it possible to lose money...of course matches would have to be fair and if ur team bails u have no choice... So maybe penalize people from quiting any match by losing money the more they do it the more they lose...

4. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #584 Asasnator, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    I do like your idea of giving gear a "gear score" so that regardless of how high of a rank a person is, it is based off of their gear. This will make PvP teams much more balanced.

Though personally I prefer free for all PvP. I wouldn't dare play team PvP. Too many low rank players join my team..and die instantly to the better players on the enemy team.

What do you mean people leave right after boss fights or in survival? As for Boss fights, the game makes you leave after you kill the boss...Though if your saying people are leaving once they get to the boss fight, I understand. INSTEAD of penalizing players for leaving, which I think is completely unnecessary btw, the boss should be re-scaled down to the current amount of people that are left in the boss fight. Making it much easier for the players still left in the game.

As for survival, I'm HAPPY when players leave or die, because that leaves more monsters for me to kill in survival allowing me to earn much much more gold. So, no people should NOT be penalized for leaving. I would be very depressed if they added this. Trust me, any player reading this, once you get to a high enough rank and can solo anything or last a very long time, you WANT TO PLAY SOLO, they NEED to make team playing more enticing..cause I'm sorry to say, I TRY to kill my teammates in PVE games..lol so I have all the aliens to myself to kill so I can earn a ton of money. Though I do NOT want them to make it harder for me to earn gold if my teammates to do happen to die. Because most of the good players don't play with each other. I try to stick to having low ranked players joining my games and then have them die off so I can kill everything. Same goes for boss stages.

## Though, what I would like is a difficulty setting before you start the game. Have their be Easy, (Which could be the difficulty level of how it is when you play a game by yourself) Medium, (which could be the difficulty of having 2 players) and Hard mode (which could be the difficulty of having 3 players) This would be AMAZING addition, cause then I would just play solo on Hard mode and earn a bunch of gold WITHOUT trying to kill my teammates. Also for Boss Battles, you could have a separate difficulty setting for them, but instead of just giving a base amount of gold, have it be increased based on the difficulty setting and how many players it took to kill the boss.

Well personally I think giving players more gold depending on how well they do will be exceptionally difficult to add, but I do like that idea. I have other ideas on how to make this work better, but it would probably be just as complicated or more. =[

Once again, NO PENALIZING should ever be added, sometimes people just have to leave or get disconnected. But yes their should be rewards for WINNING in PvP, which I think they are currently going to be adding..or at least they are looking into it. But you shouldn't ever LOSE ANYTHING for losing or quitting...that is just not a good idea, you will make a TON of players quit the game entirely.

5. killah715

killah715 Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Ha! I myself also enjoy when other players die in PVE! More gold for me!! Just sucks when they die right in the beginning of a boss fight.

I get pretty angry though when you get to the boss fight and someone doesn't shoot and just runs around. I hate wasting time and ammo like that. To all who do it, DIE!!

6. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Difficulty Settings

Yes, I too very dislike when players die right before a boss fight or even worse, just leave. I wouldn't mind as much if I were to get increased gold from boss fights for when playing with more people.

I am submitting a review on a difficulty setting, I'm sure everyone will agree and like it very much. Hopefully the Freyr company will like it as well. =] Here it is:

I have brilliant idea for making solo playing and team playing much, MUCH more enjoyable. It would be the addition of a difficulty setting in PvE.

I understand this could take some time to implement, but this would really help out the community and over-all game play. Keep in mind that my numbers are only estimates, but this should roughly give you a good idea on what I’m trying to say.

You could have 3 or 4 different difficulty settings. The difficulty settings should be easy, medium, hard, and brutal. Each harder difficulty setting should increase not only the difficulty of the aliens, but also the gold earned. Also players should be able to choose these settings before starting or hosting a game.

*Easy mode: This difficulty setting should represent how it is currently based. This difficulty setting won’t change on how the game is currently played.

*Medium mode: This difficulty setting should increase the alien’s and boss’s difficulty by 25% while increasing the gold earned by 50% for both aliens and bosses.

*Hard mode: This difficulty setting should increase the alien’s and boss’s difficulty by 50% while increasing the gold earned by 75% for both aliens and bosses.

*Brutal mode: This difficulty should be only for the best of the best players, the alien’s and boss’s difficulty should increase by 75% and gold should increase by 100% for both aliens and bosses.

Then on top of each difficulty setting increasing the gold earned, each additional player playing in the match should also increase the gold earned. Each additional player playing should increase the gold, having two players playing should increase the gold by 50% and three players playing should increase the gold by 75%. This should affect both the aliens AND the boss.

Each additional player should also increase the difficulty of the aliens, but not by much, maybe by 25% for two players playing, and 50% for three players playing.

The difficulty increase should be less or none for when fighting a boss with more players. The way the game is currently set up, boss fights are too hard to play with 3 players when I can play by myself and earn just as much gold for killing a boss. Though, if you were to increase the gold earned for killing a boss when playing with more players, I would agree to increase the difficulty of the boss, but only then would I agree to that.

This will allow players to customize the game more to their level of game play. Also this will allow players to earn gold much faster, and will add another layer of difficulty to the game making it much more appealing to players looking for a challenge or a way to earn gold quicker.

On a side note, these difficulty settings should also increase the mithril drop amount and chance/rate. Though I do not have a very good idea as to how much it should increase. I will let you be the judge of that.

7. Barrin

Barrin Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Can i ask whether the backpack which gives you the unlimited energy is worth buying?
    I just think that it can save much money since you wont have to buy ammo and, with its +40 hp/ sec option, i may have less chance to use my refils in PvE.

Or should I save my mithrils for any weapon/suit?
    Btw, i am one of the free users who is now wearing the atom suit with nova27, and i just collected 140 mithrils.

Thx
    Ps. Can we still follow the update of this game in FB? I cant find the fan page on it, so having a bit concern whether this game is still on going ><"

8. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    I've been having trouble finding the FB page too, but don't worry, there was a tweet yesterday mentioning the next update was coming quite soon and would include an increase of mithril drop, new backpacks and some other things.
    Ah, found it:
    "update is coming soon: new pvp map new guns and bags increased mithril drop rate UI improvement customer support: [email protected]"

And I like your idea Asasnator. I've been thinking about something like that a bit too, but I think they should certainly implement a difficulty system in the offline part of the game. I would like to see some offline bosses too though :/

9. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    @Barrin

No, that backpack is NOT worth getting, in my opinion. Sure it gives you infinite ammo and helps you stay alive, but I would not get it unless you are having difficulties staying alive. I got the SAM backpack for 60 mithril that gives 25% increased gold and 25% increased EXP. With that you earn a lot more gold, more then you would "saving ammo" with that other bag. The only benefit that bag has is the HP regeneration, so don't bother getting it unless you are having difficulties staying alive.

Weird you are having issues with finding the FB page. Make sure you have a FB account. I was able to "follow" it my first attempt on clicking the link in the game. I will probably be making a twitter account so I can follow them on there as well for the extra mithril. Though when I was looking around for it, someone else who WAS NOT Freyr made a very similar page as them, make sure you find the right page that was made by Freyr.

@Yvcgamer

Yeah I also asked them to take a review over the "team" aspect of the game in co-op, I gave them a few ideas for making it more of "team effort" based game instead of a solo type game. Cause as it currently stands, I like to start a game with 3 players, but then I try to kill my teammates so I can kill all the aliens by myself and also the boss will have significantly less HP and I can earn a lot more gold.

10. Barrin

Barrin Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Thx so much for your kind answerings.

Yvcgamer - thx for updating me of that twitter. It really cheers me up to keep going in this game : )

Asasnaor -
    thx for your suggestion. So i gonna purchase the backpack you suggested and maybe save the left mitrills for the next update.

Actually, i could follow the FB freyr fanpage at the first date it was release (and got mithrills as u said). But after that i cant see its existence. I put "freyr" in search slot and nothing came out. Could i ask that what the exact name of the official fanpage is?

11. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    @Barrin

Once you get your mithril from following the page, you can no longer get to it through the game. You will have to search "Star Warfare" in FB and you shouldn't have to much difficulty finding the fan page. Also, you could go to your account, and look at everything your currently "following" and Star Warfare should be on there somewhere if you are already following them.

Yeah, thats what I did. I only bought the SAM backpack, and I'm saving the rest till something really good comes that I HAVE to get. Though hopefully it stays pretty balanced between IAP gear and "free" gear.

Also, the best armor for PvE boss stages is the Thunder armor, it also way better then the IAP armor as well. The best armor for "free" users in PvP is the Atom armor with the Nova27.

If anyone wants a good way to earn gold, go back a few pages on this forum to page 46. I have a two large posts on that page explaining the best way to earn gold and best gear for PvE.

12. pundoraTeam

pundoraTeam Member

Apr 4, 2012
  13. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #593 Asasnator, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Oh wow, I don't play PvP very often, but I just played a few matches right now, and when I started playing a match, my Nova27 had a .25 fire-rate, after I won a match my Nova27 fire-rate increased to .16 What is up with that? Does your weapon fire-rate increase for winning a match? I am going to try with other weapons. Though that is pretty interesting that my Nova27 has a fire-rate of .16. I kill stuff fast!!

Also I am wearing full Atom gear, maybe that has something to do with it?

Definitely is an equalizer for playing against players with full phoenix gear or pegasus gear. I actually stand a chance! =] Hope this isn't just a game or server bug. Cause it is fun killing players with full IAP gear in few seconds compared to a few minutes, haha!

14. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Yea, this is a great idea...

What I meant by Players dropping out is when they leave right after the killing a few enimies and still get gold...(I think because of bonus). When playing a boss fight or survival I'm expecting everyone to come with full ammo and health and try to get to the boss and help out etc.. I only have a full stike gear suit with a STK pack and a halfway upgraded good lazer gun... And with this setup I couldn't do a whole lot against a boss on my own but with a full team I think I'm a good asset cuz I can bait the monster with my speed and still get in good shots...the problem is most people don't want to team with me because they think I'm too weak or they're just not helping me as much. This is fine in PVP because I can still take down people with better equipment because I think I play better(but people with good a equipment and are good it's kinda unfair but not impossible) I usually try to play stealthy against stronger opponents...or team up against someone(but someone with gear that keeps regenerating they're health while they also have a giant laser beam cannon it's pretty much impossible)

I dunno I guess most players just want to kill everything they're self while I find in co -op I'm usually backing someone up while no one has mine... It's fine though... (except I think some equipment is too strong to the point where everyone else needs to have the same setup to be fair, though I'm not exactly sure because I'm not at that point yet)

15. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    So I tried playing PvP with another weapon and winning..and nothing happened...I wonder if the Nova27 is just bugged, in a good way. I bet the Freyr company might be messing around with the server or something. I hope the Nova27 stays at .16 firerate, its pretty fun.

@Darth Ronfar

Thanks for liking my idea! I hope the developers like it as well.

I live in central time here in the U.S. Though we could try to set up a time for us to play some PvE together, I can help kill some bosses for you. =] I can kill the Mantis and Poison Pit boss before they even move, though I'm fully geared. =p

The only thing that might be difficult to do is kill Siegfried. Though if your good at just running in circles and dodging attacks, I could easily solo Siegfried for you. Could take a minute or two though. Just send me a PM if you would like to. =]

16. 马特里

马特里 New Member

Apr 6, 2012
    The game is awesome! I've played the game for two months and cannot stop it. PVP is great, but I wish the model of capture flag could be added in the future. And some random remedy item and jump button should be added, just like quake 3 , which will make the game much interesting and provide more strategy choices. I also want to sell the useless gear if u guys can update this in the next patch.
    Anyway, it is the best fps game in ios at the moment, well done!

17. 马特里

马特里 New Member

Apr 6, 2012
    In addition, I hope Freyr to add some new aliens' models and make more challenging boss battles in the future. Although PVP is interesting, cooperating with others to figtht various of monsters is also exciting~:)

18. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Yeah I know what you mean, I've been playing it since the middle of February till now, played it for a little bit each day as well. Very fun game. I would definitely recommend getting it, lots of replay value even after you have everything.

A jump button would be pretty cool..though I don't know how they would add this...not much room left on the screen to put any buttons, plus not really any place in the game that would need a jump button. Though I'm sure they could add levels that could use a Jump button.

Selling my old gear would be nice...I have a few weapons I could care less to use. A 90% refund would be nice..cause that Laser Shotgun is completely worthless and I have close to 40 mil in that thing. Oh well...

19. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    It's confirmed. After I closed out of my Star Warfare app, and restarted it. My Nova27 gun had a .25 firerate, and after I won a PvP match with it, the firerate jumped up to .16. I wonder if that is a bug or something...cause I have tried winning with other weapons and nothing happened to them. Hm...well anyways, thought I would let you guys know! Go win a match with the Nova27 and you will get it's firerate to become .16. Though if you exit out of the app, it will reset the firerate back to .25. =]

20. BlazinHand

BlazinHand Member

Feb 19, 2012
    #600 BlazinHand, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    too many people start to abuse that bug.. it hurtssssss :)

btw.. where is that gamecenter "upload" option? i cant find it :/