Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Red<head

Red<head New Member

May 19, 2012
    Any opinions on the grenade launchers?
    -cost effective?
    -fun?
    Large enough radius?
    -high enough damage?

2. Northrall

Northrall Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    -Cost effective?

Depends if you always hit the target

-Fun?

You can call it that. I always thought of it as something like a for fun uses gun.

-Large enough radius?

The GEO9X has the best splash radius if the weapon descriptions are to be believed.

High enough damage?

Again, weapon description.

3. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    So a fully upgraded weapon is 3.5x the strength of a non upgraded one.

Now calculate the damage per second. POW/FIRERATE

For each launcher that gives:

VOX-07 = 3.5 x 80 / .5 = 560
    M347 = 3.5 x 170 / .4 = 1487.5
    GE09X = 3.5 x 220 / .45 = 1711.1

Let's compare with the forum favorite the M-2781:
    3.5 x 200 / .17 = 4117.65

So if fun for you means buying and using relatively low damaging weapons, by all means go for it.

As for being cost effective, not sure how to interpret that but I'll go with damage per shot/energy cost per shot.

VOX-07 = 3.5 x 80 / 20 = 14
    M347 = 3.5 x 170 / 50 = 11.9
    GE09X = 3.5 x 220 / 60 = 12.8

M-2781 - 3.5 x 200 / 40 = 17.5

The M-2781 wins here too. However, swords don't cost anything. So, like most other people who seem to use swords, if you don't care about your personal contribution I'd go that route.

You could also just run around and not do anything.

4. Nubcakelol

Nubcakelol Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Canadia
    So if anyone wants to team any boss, add my GC Nubcakelol. I'm currently rank 10 (almost 11) sporting the atom suit, nova27 and the ZZ pack. I think I can prove myself a worthwhile asset to any team.

5. Red<head

Red<head New Member

May 19, 2012
    I'm also open to hitting up any boss, my GC account name is Red<>Head, I've got Phoenix armor, level 8 Morpheus, level 8 m-27 and I'm proficient against all of the current bosses.

6. Gluey

Gluey Active Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Update

I hope they come up with an update soon. I don't no why to bye with all my money so I'm upgrading my guns. Although about he rail gun/sniper. Y it no 1 shot kill? I usually get in one shot. Then I dye and some one takes my kill. :( anyone else always seems to get the suckiest teams in earth. A was playing team match and I had 21 kills 5 deaths 3 assists. My other two teammates had like 9 or 10 deaths each. Ther should be a rule if u dye 5 times without a kill I should be kicked from the game. :p well I love this game. My best suit is Draco suit. My parents are getting mad from me wasting all my money on this game. I spent like 30 dollars. ( I have the laser cannon ) :3

7. Gluey

Gluey Active Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Hi

I'll team up with u. I'm Pebble00 tho I'm only rank 8 almost 9 but I think I could team up. Pick a boss. Rigt now is 10:50 pm so at 5 pm tomorrow I will make the room. On the dot. how about the dragon boss. The one after the spider. I've never beat anything higher then the dragon. :p so if it fine with u then meat me on. Password is 1113 I'll wait up to 5 minutes.

8. Gluey

Gluey Active Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Alright here re some ideas. When u upgrade a weapon it stays the same (cept for power ) I think you should hange tht. Common make the weapons look different.

9. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #889 Asasnator, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    If you have some good ideas, send them an e-mail. They have it posted on their website in the "contact" section. Though they are from germany (I think >.<) or they are from some other country where english is not their main language (which you probably could have noticed from how they wrote in the descriptions of some weapons), so if you send them an email they may not understand you if you don't spell correctly. Just a heads up. =]

10. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I'm thinking this is probly one of the mOst successful freemium style games in terms of making money while also being actually a good game.. I doubt there's people that would look at this fame ib the same light as smurfs village or farmville..that being said I think since people have proven theyll cough up the money I'd it's worth it, they should listen to the fans as mich as possible and do whatever it can to keep the game fresh and interesting.

I understand making stronger equipment will have more people interested in paying money, I just wish instead of one set of the best everything there would be more variety... I'm mostly talking about the armor I guess because at a certain point all guns and packs can become usefull but this is the way it should be with the armor... Having new armor thats not adding so much defense that it makes players almost invincible, but having more varied purposes..like other stat buffs and such. Bassicly I think the gap in defense from the thunder or Titan armor and the andromeda armor should not be as big as it is.. Weapons atleast have upgrades making u stay sort of with a certain weapon and back up etc.. But armor is almost making the game unfair with people being too strong or too hard to kill...

Last post I mentioned having more types of armor like the thunder armor and titan that give u cool attributes and either weakening the strongest or strengthening the weaker armor. But the last update just realeased stronger arrmors that given the choice makes picking the strongest one a no brainer. I understand the point is gaining gold and mythil to keep upgrading ur suit but that was the system setup before the game even had multiplayer. I think now that it does the changes should be made so that the gap In strength between different armors are small enough where people could decide on a variety of different gear options without having to worry about one being way more powerfull than there's thus making it obsolete..

Other than that I don't really have any complaints about the game.. I've spent about 5$ on this game and think I've got my money's worth just wanna see multiplayer vs be more balanced and fun.

11. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Yeah, I completely agree with you. This freemium model they have currently is about perfect, the game is a lot of fun and is entirely do able without IAPs, but the IAPs give you access to some really high end gear really early game. Also like you said, the one flaw is that the IAP armor has always been the best of the best gear..which is a serious issue in PvP. Really takes the fun out of the game if you don't have the IAP armor, unless your like a few of the die hard fans of PvP on this board that will still play it regardless of being significantly out matched.

Haha dude I sent them a message entailing pretty much what you just said about different armors having their own unique traits. I pretty much told them that the IAP armor should have a bit more HP and gold increasing stats then the "free" armor, but the "free" armor should have bit more POW increase then the IAP armor to balance out the HP difference and so on. I was a lot more detailed in my message, but that was essentially the main points of it. Which they seemed to have listened to me about the IAP armor cause the Andromedea armor has a lot more HP and gold increases then the "free" armor, the only issues is that the "free" armor doesn't have really any POW increases to balance out the HP differences. Hopefully they will balance it out in the next armor releases.

Also, PvP in general needs to be fixed. The swords and explosives shouldn't be nearly effective as they currently are and the guns...any guns, need to be significantly more effective. I mean, a Passer at rank 8 has 700 POW and I will die in 5-6 hits having full Cyngi armor, but if someone uses a M-27B1 at rank 8 which also has 700 POW, haha I won't die in 5-6 bullets or even 20 bullets. So the PvP is GREATLY skewed and needs to be addressed. Also the lag for ALL PvP matches is miserable (which means it's their server or the just the game that is bad). Because I can be shooting at someone with a sword 8+ feet away from me, yet they will be able to swing their blade and still hit me -.- and they aren't using the Windblade. So the lag for games needs to be fixed. A lot of PvP stuff needs to be fixed, which may seem overwhelming which is probably why they haven't attempted to fix any of it.

12. Kdarg29

Kdarg29 New Member

May 28, 2012
    Game Impressions

Hi I'm playing star warfare alien invasion! I finished frontline but energy core(2nd level) is still locked pls help thanks!

13. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    you probably need to kill the mantis boss...

kill him and see if that unlocks the next arena

14. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Ok, I've got some questions regarding gear and ammo.

-Does each weapon have its own ammo pool?
    -Each shot requires a certain ammount of energy to fire?
    -Said energy can ONLY be obtained through pickups?
    -Do any weapons use energy but not ammo (or are these really the same)?

I ask because, so far, I've been very hesistant to use anything but the sword, for fear of wasting my hard earned energy. I see no way to feasibly use decent guns with energy costs so high and pickups so low. If this is the case, it seems to me that the XO2B-freedom is almost mandatory if you want to use the big guns.

Disregarding this, what do all of you think the best armor sets for boss killing/survival are? The Anedrome seems useful in survival due to its massive health and healing functions, but for boss killing it seems like having enough HP to survive while dealing the most damage possible is the optimal route. For this reson I'm thinking that: M278-1, Pheonix Head, Pegasus Chest, Thunder Hands, Cygni Boots, and F.L.O.A.T Pack (assuming energy is not a problem) would be the best. If my calculations are correct it would yeild: 43,600 HP, 1,085 Power, and 7 Speed. Thoughts?

15. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #895 Asasnator, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    Dude...no way, if he only has completed the first map, how in the world do you expect him to kill the mantis boss? haha. Though if you manage to somehow kill him and that does unlock it for you, let us know...cause that seems a bit far fetched if you ask me. And the developers should fix that...unless the mantis boss is really that easy on single player.

Here, try this instead. Every map has 5 levels, you have to clear every level 1-5 once in order to unlock the second map and what might have fooled you is that when you unlock the 5th level, everything looks unlocked yet the second map isn't unlocked. I would recommend doing or redoing the 5th level of that map and see if that actually unlocks it for you. Hope that helps. =]

16. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #896 Asasnator, May 29, 2012
    Answering the questions in order.

No. EVERY weapon uses a ammo called Energy.
    Yes.
    No, you can buy Energy before each match from the store. Its a 1 for 1 sale. 1 gold is 1 energy.
    Like I said above, all weapons use the same "ammo" its called Energy. =]

Oh no man...you have it all wrong. The freedom pack is a joke or a scam in order to get new players to pay for a IAP that they don't even need. I can use the M-27B1 that has a cost of 40 energy a shot and fires at .17 a second..so yes that is expensive and then on top of that I use the STK pack which INCREASES energy consumption by 50%!! so 60 energy a shot, yet I can still make gold from boss fights or regular infinite wave fights, LOTS OF GOLD. Your really thinking its more then it really is, sure I won't make a whole lot of gold using that combo of gear, something like maybe 200k or so from the siegfried fight (that's with the deduction of energy cost) and a lot more from higher bosses, though if your talking about fighting mantis or poison pit, you'll make a meager maybe 100k or so the first few kills, but after that you will only make about 30 or 40k. but you still are making a lot of money, and you are killing stuff significantly faster with the STK then the Freedom. Instead of buying the 120+ mithril Freedom pack, get the 60 mithril SAM pack. Dude you will make some serious gold that way...like no joke. I could go into it, but just trust me...you will make a ton of gold even using the big guns haha. I'm up at 126mil or something..but I play more then most people. Haven't touched the game recently..kinda boring doing the same old thing and not really getting anything out if but more gold to add to my already freaking large stack, and I haven't paid for one IAP or jail broke my device. That's saying something, but this is going off topic haha.

Haha dude, we've already talked about this. Go look back some posts, I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. But in all honesty, the BEST way to kill bosses is to use the FULL thunder suit. I and a few others can do it, I myself can do it very easily. I mean it only takes a little practice to get good with it, and while farming for gold I'm sure you should be able to just pick up on things. But heres a tip that really helps me, is when using the Thunder armor or any armor that has low hp, but your doing end game levels, make sure you are ALWAYS walking forward. That way no monsters can come up and hit you from the back because even the fastest monsters being the rolling type aliens have to stop before going into an attacking motion which is easily avoidable if you just keep moving and killing the stuff in front of you. When you run into a wall, turn and then strafe left or right while killing the monsters behind you, but make it fast because you don't want to accidentally strafe into other aliens that might have just spawned. And then continue to walk forward to the other side of the arena and rinse and repeat. Very easy method for staying alive if you have a good enough gun to kill things fast enough.
    As for bosses, they are all pretty easily avoidable once you learn their attacks, make sure you have 7+ speed and you can dodge ANY attack...except the Poison Pit boss's charging move, you'll need a little more speed to dodge that, though I have noticed if you walk backwards you can dodge his charge pretty easily...kinda funny if you think about it haha.

17. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Ok, thanks for answering my questions, but I'm still very confused. It's probably just me being stupid...but it seems to me that there are two different ammo resources (despite what you say). In the upper right corner there is a little lightning symbol which seems to be my "energy" and it decreases as I fire my guns, faster for the ones with higher energy cost. The only way I can find to increase this number is through drops. Then in the customize screen I can buy "ammo" which is a completley different number from my energy. This definitley costs more that 1 to 1 as using 643,000 gold I get only 47,000 ammo. Each weapon seems to have a different pool of ammo (ex: my assault rifle has more ammo than my shotgun). This value also decreases when I shoot the gun...

About the armor. Thanks for the input, however I still have some questions/thoughts. Obviously, if your good enough to never get hit the most power is the best...but there comes a point where ease of play and killing the boss 2 seconds faster should balance right? Considering tha the thunder suit use averages to only +17% power (I think), totalling at 37% with hands, my proposed suits power of 35% is nearly as powerful (without requiring constant usage of the suit bonus), while giving a large advantage in HP. I guess my question is, is this difference small enough not to matter, or is the thunder suits HP more than adequate already to take on the toughest bosses (remember that most of us get hit occasionaley)?

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to argue what you've said, I'm just confused and would like to learn more about the game.

18. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #898 Asasnator, May 29, 2012
    haha no no, ask away I don't mind hearing other people's views or helping out players. I can see how a lot of new players would think the Freedom pack is a "must buy" kinda thing..but it really isn't once you get to know the game, really is just a scam that will pull new players in thinking they need that to earn gold and etc.

With that being said, haha I know what your seeing there when you think each weapon has it's own ammo. Depending on what weapon you have equipped at the time, that "ammo" meter will say different numbers based entirely on that particular weapon's energy consumption. It's essentially just helping you out by telling you how many shots you can fire before running out of energy when using that particular gun. Don't worry though each weapons uses the same "ammo". lol Hope that helped little more. =p Also, I assure you the energy is a 1 for 1. But to fire the gun might take 40 energy for the M-27B1, so you will need 40 gold for 1 shot.

Well..I see that your trying to put together a armor set that is just good for casually running around killing things...which I would say that is entirely a person's personal opinion. Mine for instance would be like I said above, be full thunder suit+STK pack+M-27B1..for others haha that depends on how much HP you think you will need to survive. Though if your wanting to go the earning gold approach, should start by using the Thunder/Phoenix Helm, Cyngi Chest, Andro Hands, Andro Legs, and then the must SAM pack, this will give you 55% addtional gold. Then you can replace whatever parts you need to replace for your personal needs, mine for instance I replace the Andro Hands with Thunder Hands because I don't want to buy the 130+ Mithril Andro hands for that meager 5% more gold. Though others might get it, depends on how badly you want gold I guess haha.

Sorry if I sounded like I was being mean or something with my last post, wasn't intended at all. =]

19. Northrall

Northrall Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    Asasnator, you use the cygni armor nowadays right? Is it really worth the money to upgrade from thunder to cygni? I mean, higher hp and higher speed is the selling point of the cygni, but lower dps is... pretty much off putting.

20. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Define "nowadays". Haha..cause really nowadays I use the Thunder Helm, Cygni Chest, Thunder Arms, and Andro Legs for optimal gold making. But if I were to just for casual use and stay alive easy, but not want to earn gold or not kill stuff insanely fast, I would use the Cygni armor. Though honestly if it's possible I would recommend using the thunder armor for killing stuff fast in PvE or using that armor I just stated above for earning gold, I really only use the Cygni armor now for PvP, very handy being able to move super fast and get up close using a sword of some type.