Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It's 5:38pm PST now. My connection should be a lot better about 8pm PST and I'm game for a few rounds then. I'm runnin hotspot from my cell right now and it's not the best...

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I've got it. I'm not really noticing the increase in speed and power myself right now, though I'm pretty sure I'll miss it when I get used to it and go back down to the SAM bag.

One thing I will say though: that gold bonus is absolutely INSANE. It's a gold-farmer's dream.

@Superion: actually, the Jin.Jingle is...quite horrifyingly overpowered. It gives a bigger gold bonus than the SAM bag, gives higher power than the STK while costing LESS energy (due to the +10 power bonus to your whole team), and then to top it off, it's even got a 10% damage evasion chance on it and a +20HP regen on it.

Some of the effects are somewhat minor in PvE, but think of it this way in PvP: people can now use something stronger than the STK which can regenerate HP upon killing opponents. Statistically, this thing is ridiculously dangerous, though I've yet to decide how it stacks up against the Tri-O-Avatar.

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'd say SAM bag, if you're trying to go for gold.

Well, I WOULD have said SAM bag prior to this update. If you've got mithril to spare that you're not going to use elsewhere, buy yourself that freaking snowman: his waving arm is pretty annoying, but it puts the STK to shame -- completely.

4. Barrin

Barrin Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Thx so much for your advices :)

5. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The bows may be a little short-ranged/slow for your liking. I'd say, if in doubt about any of your wishlist items, maybe ask one of us to show you what it looks like, whether in a PvP match or PvE.

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Any specific order I should be buying the Thunder Armor set in? Just over $500k and climbing. :)

7. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Let's see...I'll give you the rationale for each of the parts, depending on how you want to buy it:

• Head: get this first if you don't have head armour which gives you a gold bonus (e.g. Hydra, Titan)
    • Chest: get this if you desperately need more HP. If you don't feel like you need THAT much HP though, look at one of the other parts first, they'll give you other goodies.
    • Hands: get this first if you don't have any major concerns about gold or speed: it's a HUGE boost in power compared to what you would've been doing before.
    • Legs: get this first if you're having trouble evading attacks: the speed will help.
    Basically, if you're not experiencing any issues, get the Thunder Hands first. Otherwise, prioritise to your liking (I usually go for gold bonuses first, but like I said, if you already have head armour with a gold bonus, not that important)

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #9868 GodSon, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Great idea, thanks for the suggestion. Well I know I'm going the get the Windblade 100% and want to hone swordplay. Outside of that, my other wishlist items were Trinity and NOVA27. Someone also mentioned a chain gun? I do like the look of the energy glove and nail gun, both those aren't anything on my radar atm...

EDIT: Thanks for the armor breakdown. I'm good at evading and would like to prioritize gold so it looks like the helmet should be my starting point. I did also pick-up SAM too. I guess from there ill go with power to lessen the need for upgrading my FL334AR.

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The chaingun would the the M-27B1: not the cheapest of weapons, but it'll come in very handy when you want to knock bosses over. You'll see what we mean if someone assists you on Wrath of Mantis: the subsequent bosses are tougher, but that's the sort of power you'll want against bosses as opposed to a standard assault rifle.

Yeah, I can't really say that much for the Energy Glove and the Nailgun: the Energy Glove allows for some rather explosive fun for clearing out the alien wave in PvE (pretty damned big splash radius o____O), but it's not the most ideal of boss weapons. Ditto the Nailgun: you might not need to aim so much, but you're pretty much going to get outgunned if you and someone else are aiming for the same alien, because the White Drill's projectiles move quite slowly.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Neither the glove or drill sound to good in terms of something more all-purpose. Maybe somewhat for pvp, but I don't plan on pvp'ing at all (if any). I'm a pve person and yeah I'd be looking for something more balanced (that's good for mobs and bosses). Sounds like this game is more boss driven though which I don't mind. Will my FL334AR be sufficient for bosses?

11. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    GodSon, you really sound like me, I agree with undead on the thunder armor (it's powerful and fast) and I love the trinity. I suggest the NOVA27 as it is a great "Secondary" when the M-2781 is getting quite bulky.

For a pack STK (the one that bonuses power and speed) is great don't worry about ammo (It's REALLY cheap :D )

In later game you might want the bow but it is close range and it requires some speed to use (thunder is great for speed but the health is too low) I think you would use perseus but for now stick with thunder.

Just look at the description at these items in the store. (my loadout)
    Pegasus head (I use pheonix but that's mithril but pegasus is jest the same goodness in power)
    Perseus body
    Thunder arms
    Chaos legs

Don't worry about this yet though!

12. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    As for the Jin.Jingle, I realized it's outright overpowered, although I was talking in a PvE player's perspective. because the regen and damage prevention aren't as useful against a boss as would a player. More so, I have absolutely no need whatsoever for gold-- I have an insane overabundance of it (talking the high nine figures here) and I have 99% of the shop bought out, the 1% being that pack.

13. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    Your assault rifle is efficient with thunder armor and the item hyperclip for the mantis but not for the rest. Get nova27 or the M-2781 for higher level bosses. BRING HYPERCLIPS!!! M-2781 is a need for the last 2 bosses.

But also
    kind of redundant. :D

14. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    That Dec.24th armor is QUITE the farmer's aspiration, like you say, Undead.

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    There are players who play this game almost exclusively for the PvP side of it, and the gear they'll use will be different to what a PvE player would use. That being said though, I've never been too big on PvP either: just the occasional match or so to mess around, but it doesn't give me the same buzz.

Btw, JediKnight, there's a new backpack which is literally like a fusion of the SAM and STK bags -- it's better than BOTH of them (i.e. +2 speed, +35% gold, +30% power for yourself, +10% power for your whole team, and then a whole bunch of other little goodies which makes it quite terrifying o___o)

16. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    I wouldn't say that, Jedi. I've used the M-27B1 exactly once in my entire SW career, and I kill all of the bosses with an effortless ease. Furthermore, though, Poison Put isn't too steep of a difficulty incline compared to Poison->Siegfried.

17. Barrin

Barrin Member

Mar 28, 2012
    I just spent some mitrills to buy the freaking snowman backpack ... I really love it !! This is totally insane for its goals producing effect. And coz of its +2spd, this makes my movement much better in the boss fights (from 7 to 8 in the Perseus suits plus the golden chain gun). Excluding his annoying hand waiving at all time, i havnt seen any bad point.
    As you said, my SAM and STK are all kept in the cupboard !!

18. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    The best bit? You can buy the whole thing with gold.

Gold hybrids can now have up to a 75% total gold bonus. They're starting to reach overkill levels >.>

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I could almost forgive the waving arm if it actually did something...like whack anyone who tries to sneak up behind you with its hat >______>

20. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    A backpack I'd really like? A Jin.Jingle with a Rifle. Forget the bonuses, I'd love a turretized snowman!