Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hold off on that thought for a sec, especially come late May or early June -- an email I got from Freyr named that time period for Black Dawn's planned return to the AppStore.

Though that being said...they also mentioned having about another two games in the work scheduled for release in June and July. As much as I like their ambition, I'm finding it somewhat hard to believe that an indie developer will manage to churn out three games in such a tight timeframe.

TL/DR: there's noise about Black Dawn coming back, but take those dates as tentative, because even I think Freyr will have trouble making those ambitious deadlines.

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    For serious? That sounds sweet.

3. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Make star warfare alien invasion 2 FREYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

4. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I second this.

5. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Well Black Dawn comes out later this year hopefully :3

6. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    I'd rather have SW 2:D

7. RedArmor

RedArmor Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Hey guys,King Shoot from the Star Warfare Wiki here.Didnt knew that this topic existed :p

8. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    It doesn't really anymore. You guys from the wiki might migrate over here at some point, but all the vets and I have lost all interest in the game, so this thread is empty.

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #10249 undead.exe, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    As Lava said, most of the veterans have indeed moved on from this game. Please be especially warned that any talk of piracy or hacking (quite possibly including the forms of jailbreaking that you think are alright) is quite unwelcome on TouchArcade.

The veterans on here were overall much more interested in PvE than PvP, so you will find that none of us had any real interest in proving who was stronger or even PvP-ing that often (to give you an idea, most of the veterans probably won't understand what you mean when you talk about "combos" unless you refer them specifically to my posts in this thread many months ago -- let alone how and why they're now seen as unfair). This is an entirely different community, and I ask that you respect that if the veterans visit this thread again.

10. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    well said undead:D

11. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I am still lurking :)
    And even get SW out like once a month, to show the kids how things were done in the old days :p

So, hi there, RedArmor.

Note to self: Post my recently bought books in the Antwar Saloon.

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #10252 undead.exe, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    Speaking of old days, there's one thing I can say:

While I never ended up uploading our group-Thunder-run videos (I've still got them -- I could just never figure out how to edit them to my liking), Operation: Thunderstrike HAS been accomplished: people now seem to understand that there isn't an immediate need to run/ragequit on Thunder-using teammates in Siegfried, Double Rages or Serpent, and it's gained a reputation as one of the ultimate boss-killing armours :D

--------

@RedArmor: this is where Operation: Thunderstrike began -- and it was never actually a clan in its true form. It was actually a project to make people realise that the mid-game armours (particularly the Thunder Armour) were perfectly capable boss killers when used properly.

13. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Seems like I've wandered back!

Hey everyone, it's Superion! Your resident tycoon has returned and anxious to hear news of the good ol' game and talk of new/upcoming events in the world! How's everyone doing, did ya' miss me at all? :p

14. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    nope :p

lol jk:D

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Welcome back. Did you see SW black dawn(borderlands clone)? Or whatever the name is now called?

16. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    you troll, parcheesy :p

17. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    I took a quick look at it, yeah. Seemed interesting enough, but I don't know any specifics.

18. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    If you were thinking of getting it, Just so you know: it was pulled because of copyright issues. I don't know when they wil put it up again.

19. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Hey, welcome back!
    Best gamenews I have is that Ravenmark:Mercenaries will be out soon; and that Spiderweb Games plans to release Avadon2 sometime this Autumn.

Black Dawn might come back this month, lookie here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=191837

20. JDualZ

JDualZ Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Hey, I'm back

Wow. It's been a long time since I was on, anyone care to inform me in all things star warfare and how the forums been?