Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Donut8

Donut8 New Member

Aug 30, 2013
    iFreyr Games is a Chinese studio...
    They are based in shanghai, their developers are chinese too, they have a weibo account. look it up!
    they probably crafted a chinese alternative for star warfare because of the growing app market in china which probably seems like attractive business. however, note that freyr is responsible for other games too, and they are busy producing new ones. thus, they stopped updating and perfecting the chinese variant because it is not that successful as the original english one. besides, the people in china don't have much time for games (just saying, i'm not from the place).

2. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Um....... That quote is from almost six months ago.....

3. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hey everyone, back from the dead, once more. So, I just noticed SW:BD is on the app-store.. Will anyone be on it? (Sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake, heh)

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    What store?
    Do you mean the old version is back?

5. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Eh, Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn, my bad. It's on the app-store, so I picked it up and it's a decent game so far. I was just wondering if anyone from the good ol' veteran crew was around to play it.

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    What's your tag in the game? I'm playing pretty regularly...

DBC

7. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    It's my name here, "SuperionEXE" I'm getting used to the feel of the game at the moment.

8. KingShoter007

KingShoter007 New Member

Mar 7, 2014
    The tags you see next to GC names are clan titles.I can tell you that there are only 9 official clans:SWT,AC,TSO,901SS,[+], and a few more.

BBC,DSX,CWS and others are not official

9. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #10289 undead.exe, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    DBC was asking about Superion's in-game name in Black Dawn, not the clan tags.

I thought we had this discussion on the wiki already: there are no such thing as "official" clans in the Star Warfare player base. The wiki has no right to exert any sense of authority or control over people outside of it (hence why it's particularly nonsensical to talk about any clans being "official" or not by the wiki's standards here -- well outside the span of the SW wiki).

Even if the majority of players here no longer play the game, I'll have to continue to make my point so long as people seem to think every other player community needs to submit to the wiki as being somehow superior or an authority figure (that's really the only thing I can draw from your usage of the term "official" -- that we have to accept what's an official clan or not by the wiki's standards when we're not even of the wiki).

10. Christopherkimgood

Mar 9, 2014
    I'm liking this game. A lot.

11. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    So maybe I'm crazy, but I've just started playing this again. I keep quitting and picking it back up again.
    Anyway, I was playing a Siegfried with a couple low levels (5 and 6 I think). I figured I would try and bring them through, when I realized they were hiding behind me with cutters :(
    So of course I did my best to get them killed, and they were surprisingly good at dodging the enemies. The really funny thing though, is that as the second one (the first was already dead) was facing a swarm of enemies from the corner, he pulled out a machine gun (the smaller one). I tried to save him, but allas, he was already gone by the time my M-27 warmed up. Funniest thing I've ever seen in SW. I guess he (finally) figured out I didn't like freeloaders.

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Ever seen freeloaders die before you do when their armours actually have more HP than yours?

See, I'm not sure whether that one qualifies as funny or just plain sad...

13. RedArmor

RedArmor Member

Jun 11, 2013
    ROME freeloaders die in Xmas Surprise all the time while my Thunder survives and beats the boss.Its all in the speed and avoiding attacks

14. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Oh yeah I see that all the time undead.

Thunder armor eh red?I realize that it's very powerful but a hybrid armor can get you close in power and far ahead in hp. I like to have more hp though, lag has gotten me one to many times in thunder.

15. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Funnily enough, I had a similar discussion a few days ago. To put it shortly, the Thunder is generally the better PvE choice (there are exceptions, one being yours, and another which I'll explain below) for players who usually get hit less than twice throughout a boss run. The idea there is that if you're not getting hit, you don't need the HP -- so you might as well gear your power output to its maximum and discard whatever HP you're not using.

----

Purely from an efficiency perspective: the Thunder Armour is the most efficient choice for getting through the first five bosses as quickly as possible. Once you get to Xmas Surprise, the R.O.M.E. overtakes it due to how much HP the boss has.

I can write out all the numbers if you'd like, but if you want to take it at face value: if a boss fight takes longer than 20 seconds, the R.O.M.E.'s power efficiency actually outstrips the Thunder when both of them are using the Jin.Jingle.

16. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    I really like this but not knowing an enemy is behind me and having it take half my health is annoying PLEASE FIX

17. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    Breaking News: Disco Turtle Still Alive

I'm sure you're all dead but I replaced my phone today, and looking through the apps I had previously downloaded, remembered that I had slaved away at this game for so long with everyone on TA. Just looking to see how things are going and if anyone else, like this old turtle, is still kicking. :)