Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Anyone else getting a sound bug?
    Every time I launch the game it picks its own sound settings and doesnt tie into system settings of my iphone. Pressing the volume buttons or mute switch only changes the ringer rather than the game, so to mute it I need to go into game options and change the settings rather than flipping the switch.

2. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I think I'm going to save money to buy the $150k assault rifle as my first weapon.

What did you bought first?

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I'm just buying everything in order! This is what I typically do for games of this nature.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Shotguns. Definitely Shotguns. My only mistake is that there are no zombies in this one.

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I've run into something similar. I was playing yesterday with the sound through the speakers and got an alert tone from a notification, after that the speaker volume went to maximum and, other than muting it, I could not adjust it even after quitting and restarting the game. Headphone volume still works normally, go figure.

6. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I want that bow but it's iap only#so I'm saving for the 150$k AR as well. Bought the second shotgun and it's great for when you're swarmed with mobs at close range. #

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I have an iPod 4g 5.01 firmware and I don't experience any lag offline or on except when I get push notifications. Love the game and am very happy with my purchase. ###

8. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Bought the 150k AR then the minigun than all armor and jet pack (my preference as best) now upgrading the terminator minigun. 1.4 mil to buy, upgraded twice :)

I need some good players to do the last boss tonight (in about 5 hours) look for me hosting games (i-Vash)

See you there :D

awesome game

9. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Yes! Hello DEVS! This has to be a bug. It was fine for the first couple of games. It is now messed up. The mute button doesn't not mute the game sounds. When I try to adjust the game sounds with the phone volume, I just get the ringer volume notification.

Also, I've turned off the game music with the in-game adjuster and turned it to "off", yet after matches it still comes on. ;(

Please look into this! iPhone 4 latest iOS updates.

10. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Identical issue for me also on i4 with 5.0.1

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Bought the low level shotgun (~25,000), a waste.

Also experiencing the game over-riding iDevice sound level, but is a minor issue.

12. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Its not just me then, 10 pages and I was the first to mention thought I was going mad. E-mailed the support address given out by freyr earlier, and he replied saying the dev team will look into it.
    Also mentioned that the game kicks ass, cos it does.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I got the next one up and immediately regretted it. Shotguns seem pretty useless in this game. Only worth pulling out if you get trapped in close quarters and not worth the bag space just for that. I also got the 400k plasma or whatever gun. It also seems like a total waste so far and I'm basically sticking to my rifle. The IAP in this game is really not too bad but it is still basically Glu style, and my biggest disappointment is that all the best AOE weapons (best RPG, best grenade launcher, and the Mega Man style arm cannon) are all mithril only and expensive at that.

14. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    It really does kick ass! :D now come co op, it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum. :)

15. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Oh yea and devs, are you sure you don't want to give exp for co op games? Doesn't seem fair and I'm sure the last thing you want to do is discourage online play. Co op is the money :)

16. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    i-Vash!

That Siegfred level is torture. I'll have to grind for more cash!

17. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Agreed - got a shotgun, tried it, immediately switched back to assault rifle.
    I do wish that the other weapons were cheaper, especially the mithril ones, but i guess once my gear and guns are good enough to take out the bosses, ill be ok.

Or i could keep playing with i-vash and run in the corner while he does the work :)

18. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Hehe ok mate, look forward to it :D im just upgrading my weapon, 1 mill for next upgrade :D

Need someone to be good in siegfred, so we can move to last boss :)

19. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Haha lumo feel free to hide in the corner anytime :D bring hiding friends too lolz

20. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yup, some of the IAP items feel overpriced (or Glu style). Would've totally shelled out for them if they were within an affordable and reasonable price range. I don't expect to pay a 2 digit sum for a gun, or any weapon in iOS games.