Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Any other graphic improvement other than shadows? Does Dantooine has grass now?

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Shadow? I just get my iPad Mini Retina Display. I do not see any shadows...what gives?

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Anyone notice much of a difference with the last update (1.1.1)?

It's been sitting out there for me but it's a major pain to update these massive games.

4. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    The 1.1.1 update isn't very big at all, it didn't take me more than a minute to download it

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Directly to your phone without having 2 GB free?

6. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Beauty I partial updates, you don't need to download he whole thing, just the update :)

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    For some games that seems to work, but for most it always seems to download the whole dang thing again. I had a few hundred MB free and it won't let me update this one so I was assuming the latter. But if it doesn't seem to fix much I just may not even bother.

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I think it has to be enabled by the dev. And as a x.x.1 (I think) release it probably doesn't fix much if you haven't been having issues

9. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    Hey guys! :D
    I'm a massive, massive Star Wars fan but never grew up with this game.... It looks and sounds awesome but I kinda need a little persuasion to pay the hefty price tag as I'm just not really sure...
    I know I get many many hours of gameplay and all that, so I just want to know how it runs on an iPad mini (iOS 7) and if it is really worth this!

Again I am a massive Star Wars fan but am just a bit optimistic about this....

Thanks!
    ~Vexka

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's very cheap for what you get. As a massive Star Wars fan you should buy this instantly. I'm sure your iPad mini wasn't cheap. You need to play games like this on it for sure

11. Vexka

Vexka Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Australia
    Yeah that is true ("cheap for what you get") and I bought my iPad on Boxing Day the year it was released so yeah it wasn't very cheap (32gb)
    Thanks! (Now I've gotta manage my time between what will be this, Bastion and Oceanhorn!
    ~Vexka :D

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I've gotten stuck on the same part twice now (I deleted the game before, but now I'm determined).
    The sith governor. I've tried everything from a melee approach to a mine in the door, to spamming grenades, to using Bastila's stun power. All of them had the same outcome: My whole party dead. I have Carth, Bastila and myself (level 6 scout, I think). Everyone else is level six as well.

13. d750cz

d750cz Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Czech Republic
    If you can't handle heat lower difficulty settings.

14. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Found it very tricky myself, got past it by buffing the hell out of myself and Bastila with Force Valor, Aura, Speed and the andrenal stimm things then just whaled on him with melee whilst t3-m4 cooked his ass with the flamer you find in the level. Not pretty but it worked.

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh wow!!! It worked! It actually worked!!! Thank you so much! I actually ended up using the stun gun instead of the flame thrower, because I didn't have the right feat, but I thankfully killed him anyways. I am so happy right now. Thanks so much for the tip.

16. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I lost my save due to idiocy and now I have to start again.

Just after leaving Tarsis.

Bollocks.

17. VIBIDI

VIBIDI Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Crashing still

Anyone else experiencing crashes still? Playing on iPad mini, most updated iOS.

18. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Same here, on iPad Air. :/

19. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you are getting crashes, here's what I'd suggest:
    1. Double-click your Home button to bring up your multi-tasking menu.
    2. Close all of your apps.
    3. Turn your iPad off, then back on.

When we've had reports of crashing, cleaning up your device's memory tends to do the trick.

20. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    @AspyrMatt It was mentioned that Aspyr were working on a cloud save feature for early 2014, how's it coming along?