Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    We've been working on it and we should have an update pretty soon with iCloud saves and a few other community requests added in.

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Awesome! I'm loving this game, it gets soo good after getting off Taris.

3. slam_dunk@citiz.net

[email protected] New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Thank you for making this game perfect.
    We really want the game's details and graphics close to PC version.
    thank you

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    ...and the ports of KotoR2 (complete), Jade Empire, Planescape: Torement? (Let's not go into Mass Effect so fast) :)

5. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #965 Bool Zero, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Those would all be licensing Hell unfortunately I think. Obsidian made KotOR 2 (Lucas Arts Published at the time, but look who owns LA now), Jade Empire is owned by EA (whom don't seem to care to port their games over to iOS so much as make new properties that utilize the freemium model) and I'm almost certain that Brian Fargo's team owns the rights to publishing Planescape: Torment (with its creator Monte Cook on board for the abandoned-since-AD&D-setting) since they are currently working on it's sequal due out for PC at the end of the year (tentatively), Torment: Tides of Numenara!

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #966 currymutton, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    ...fortunately, this is by far the worst news I hear today... :rolleyes:

Allow me, but how did KotoR1 happen iOS then?

7. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    What's New in Version 1.2.0

• Improved MFi Controller Support — All extended and standard MFi controllers are fully supported.
    • iCloud Saves — Players have the option to move their saved game across different iOS devices using iCloud.
    • New Supported Languages — French, Italian, German, and Spanish text localizations and subtitles have been added.

AWESOME! But I need to clear some space to update because even with 1.3gb it doesn't seem to be enough.

8. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you download to a computer and sync your device through iTunes, you need about 2.5gb. If you download over WiFi, you need about 5gb (although you get 2.5 back after the game is done installing).

9. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Awesome update! Cloud saving is flawless, must've been difficult to implement with the formerly large save files. Fantastic work!

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm really impressed by Kotor's controller support! Bigger texts, all menus can be accessed with the controller and they added some new menus on top of that. That's some really good work.

11. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Great support for an outstanding game,thanks!

Hope all the whiners in the german app store will give it more stars again (currently just 3,5).A lot of people just voted it down (some gave it even 1 star,thats ridiculous) because of no localization.

12. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I still cannot get my PC save to work with my freaking iPad.

I do exactly what the directions say: take the "saves" folder from my Steam folder, put it in a folder called "KOTOR", zip it up, and transfer it, but when loading any save on the iPad, they all say "Old Game Save" and sit there on a black screen for literally ever (I've waited for 30 minutes before). Frustrating, since I don't want to start over.

Any help Matt?

I'd like to take this opportunity to also say that I LOVE your support of the title. Cloud saving and controller support were the two things this release needed to put it on elite levels, and you did it. You're setting the example for App Store releases (and re-releases).

13. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Flunkie: I haven't looked at PC saves in a while, I usually look at the Mac, but if they are anything alike then most of the files and folders are upper-case. Change them all to lower-case and it should work.

14. Flunkie

Nov 29, 2008
    #974 Flunkie, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Ah ha. They show up now with save game titles and my character name, place I was at, party members, etc. (no pic of the save instance though, that's black still)

But I have another problem now. Once I load it, it gets to the loading screen and gets about 1/4 of the bar filled and stops. I've let it sit for 5 minutes now, it seems pretty stuck. Tried it out on both iPad 3 and iPhone 5S, same thing. Tried taking out all other folders but one, same thing.

Edit: That'll do it. I forgot to change the SAVEGAME.sav to lower-case as well. USER ERROR!

Thank you so much for the help.

15. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hmm, not sure what to make of that. I don't really have access to anything over the weekend, but I can look into it on Monday.

In the meantime try this:

1. Delete the kotor folder from your ipad, not the zip (as long as there aren't any saves in it that you wanted to keep, in which case you can just save them to your computer, then delete it).
    2. Clear your device's memory (open the multi-tasking bar, close all apps, including KOTOR, then restart your ipad).
    3. Try re-launching the game and loading the save.

That may not do anything, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Also, is it a manual save or a quick save/auto save? If it's quick/auto, you might try creating a manual save.

16. Flunkie

Nov 29, 2008
    Look at my edit! I named the FOLDERS all lower case, but forgot some of the files. It's working perfectly now. The controller support is great!

Thank you for your time troubleshooting with me, however. Much appreciated.

17. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    How does the iCloud saving work? Will it save both my games so if I install it on my phone they will just magically appear?

18. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you have a save game in iCloud (you can only have one at a time), it will automatically appear on any device you have that is signed in to the same iCloud account.

19. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Do I need to physically save it to the cloud, or does it just take my most recent save? (Thanks for the info btw)

20. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    You need to tap the cloud icon on the save portrait.