Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    1000 post= best post. This game is amazing

2. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    scarypharaoh, we just got the phones along with everyone else, so I'll make sure to look into it.

3. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Please say it's so you can get kotor 2 working ;)

4. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Seconded! That or Battlefront - which celebrates its 10th Anniversary today, in fact - would be amazing!

5. dylanfan007

dylanfan007 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2014
    The port is brilliant mu ily problem is the slight framerate drop on 5s which occurs frequently with shadows and grass on my 5s.Apart from that it's an absolutely top notch port and deserves 10/10 for everything it nails,I would've gladly paid 15+ dollars for it.Bring on kotor 2 and battlefront aspyr!:)

6. jwolf101

jwolf101 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Aspyr, do you have any plans on making any more Star Wars games/ports?

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Pleaseeeee could someone take the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games and convert them to iOS !

Its such a waste/shame they're sat there doing nothing gathering dust !!! Please someone ! ;)

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    How does this play on an iPhone size screen? I have it on my MacBook and it plays great in high quality. Love the game just not sure how the controls would be on the small screen and if I should stick to the playing the one I have.

9. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    I thought it was great on the iphone 5. Even though I got this game when it originally came out, I never finished it. When it came out for iphone, I jumped on it and played it straight through in a few weeks. It can take a little getting used to, getting your character to turn and having to press down to get him/her to keep moving. There were a few times when my finger would get tired traveling through the desert or a huge world. But I think the fighting is much more improved and item and dialogue selection were great.

Basically, it's a great game and I never had a moment of frustration with the controls that took away from how well the game played on the iphone. Hope that answered your question :)

10. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    Oh man, I remembered playing KOTOR on my iPhone 4 a few months ago, and it was one of the best game I have ever played! I have completed both the light and dark side gameplay more than twice, but I'm still trying many different walkthroughs with different strategies.

Actually, I have finished playing KOTOR after I digged the depths of the App Store realm and found Baldur's Gate, but KOTOR will always stay in my heart for the rest of my life.

Wow, that's some strong words that I used. I HOPE Aspyr can port the sequel to iOS. I don't care if the graphics are dumbed down, only compatible for iPads, no iCloud saving, or have expensive price. As long as the gameplays and the stories are not disturbed by bugs and greeds, I will gladly buy the game and support the developer's move to bring classic games to the mobile market!

Oh, one more suggestion! Please add additional swoop bike controls! It is very hard to compete on post-Taris tracks!

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks. Sounds like it cobtrols decent then. I just wasn't sure if I should get it for iOS too or just stick to my Mac version. I do love the game though and having it on the go would be nice.

12. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Any news on an update for this for iPhone 6 plus? Really want to get back to playing but not possible on this device at the moment.

13. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How is this on iPhone 6 and does it transfer save files between devices?

14. ngriner

ngriner New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Yeah scary pharaoh I'm having the same problem on the 6 plus. Completely unplayable right now so I have to wait until it's fixed. Shrinks the screen and the buttons are completely off. Sucks cuz I wanted to see how it looked on this monster phone.

15. jwolf101

jwolf101 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Does anyone know if they are going to make any more Star Wars games?

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... iOS 8 compatible?

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yep..well on the iPhone 6 that is. I dunno about the 6+

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^That's good enough for me since i play on the ipad air. Maybe the 6+ just need resizing optimization of sorts, but if it works on 6 maybe it works on the 6+ too, but less optimized?

19. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    As far as I can tell, it works fine on ios8, but on the 6+ the screen is not aligned correctly and the button presses don't work. E.g I tried to load a save and it asked if I really wanted to delete that save! Needless to say I inmediately shut the game down!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Yeah... that's what i thought. The active areas for the buttons moved around to adjust for the 6+'s resolution.