Universal Star Wars: Uprising (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordVandal, Jul 21, 2015.

1. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Surprisingly, the game seems more solid the more you play. I'd be down to join the TA cartel if it gets figured out.

My characters name is Jorian Wynn, guess what other game I like to play... Kel Thuzad was already taken.

E

2. firsttouchgame

firsttouchgame Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2015
  3. wilyone

wilyone Active Member

Nov 7, 2012
    I did not notice the TA article on it earlier and saw the game highlighted in the app store and took it for a spin. 2-3 hours later, I think I might continue playing. As some folks said, a collection/action RPG this game is. No classes and you pick your abilities based upon what you want to equip. You need to max out your stuff in order to get blueprints to level your crew. At level 12, no paywalls yet and the game has been generous with premium currency. No timers on upgrades too. Premium currency to get higher level random gear, buy more inv slots, more crew slots, etc. Gives out the non-premium currency for things like picking up a new piece of loot so you can gamble on lower level random gear.

My biggest complaint : Crashes to home screen a lot on an iPad4 with no other open apps. I may try a full reboot to see if that helps. I cannot actually continue in the story missions due to the crashes. Which may be a good thing as I'm trying to increase my overall gear rating to be able to get the best rewards for the current story missions. Takes a lot of credits and upgrade material too.

Now that I'm thinking about it, this and Angel Stone have some things in common. Light-weight Diablo-like game that does not smack you in the face with the paywall. (At least I never got far enough to see it.) One thing that Angel Stone does have in its favor was allowing you to skip some of the grind each day. The grind was still there, but it did help a little bit. Having to improve gear you don't want in order to improve your crew (blueprints) to help you get more gear/credits/crew/reputation does make you consider getting out a bit earlier.

Now, there is a 3* crew that you unlock on day 14 (login bonuses) so I may just stick it out until then just to see how it all goes. If there is a new update waiting in the wings to help the crashing, I may stick it out a little longer.

4. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    Wow this turned around fast. I got confirmation there are no light sabers in the game.

Instant deletion.

No light sabers? ITS NOT STAR WARS!!!!

E

5. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Fun game. Like it.

Not everyone in the star wars workd is a jedi or sith so i don't mind no sabers.

6. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Haha.

7. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    How turdish

In a good way

8. rune42

rune42 Member

Aug 26, 2014
    How can their be light sabers? You must remember that this is canon and that the game takes place right after episode 6. The sith are no more (or in hiding at the edges of the universe) and Luke is the only Jedi, at the moment. It would make no sense if Jedi or Sith were in this game!

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mathew the F2P scheme is fine, but the real question-

Is it fun? Does the gameplay what any better? Anything new that you get?

10. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Who are you asking? (Just confused that isn't anyone's name here, or is it ;))

I find the game fun. I don't know how much there is to do yet, I imagine it's going to be more of the same really, but with harder levels.

The comment about light sabers make sense really and I hadn't thought it through! Think I will switch back to a blaster when I get a good one (my blade is a maxed 3 star atm)

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'm surprised at how decent this is. It's like Dungeon Hunter or Thor 2 from Gameloft reskinned with Star Wars and not as F2P as Gameloft games. It took up a bit of space, but it's a fun dungeon crawler. Story is a little thin and I can't see how it will ever really tie in with the next film, but it will be cool if it eventually does. Still doesn't hold a candle to KOTOR though. Wish they would have made a premium game based on that gameplay and only had IAP for content updates. Oh well.

12. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Hey, sure, sorry if my post bothered you. I'm quite certain that premium games can be successful, it's just most of them lack the proper advertising or name to actually reach the market.

That would not be the case with Star Wars, which was the point I was making if you were able to read past the opening lines.

13. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    You do not need to be a Jedi or a Sith to wield a light saber, you are just much more effective with one if you are. It's a game, and it's a Star Wars staple. Imagine if there was a $4.99 starter pack with a light saber, how many of them would they have sold...

E

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Don't worry, it's a typo. I was deciding whether or not to put some time into the game.

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    :D it confused me as it is my actual name, but didn't know how you would know it!

16. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    How do I remove things from my inventory?

17. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Shame you cant buy other characters. 10 bucks per jedi would make them millions.

18. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #118 Mess, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    You have to be level 10, then the option to sell/salvage appears.

I believe this game is canon, and it's set after VI when there was only one Jedi left...

Still it's strange to have a Star Wars game without Jedi or Sabers ;(

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    There are swords though. I just got two of them in a mission.

I have no problem with their not being light sabers. I wonder if down the road they might add them through the story line. After the movie comes out. This game is long term.

I'm just praying they ad a way to change my name lol here comes BigDaddy lol

Billy

20. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Yeah swords don't seem to be as good as the blasters though (I have a maxed 3 star one)