Universal Star Wars: Uprising (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordVandal, Jul 21, 2015.

1. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    So i got another character slot to try over and keep my guy at around level 10. That way the crew missions are easier.

That and I can play around with different weapons.

2. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Yup... I lost interest already. I am not one to do things over and over and over again.

It Is a good game for others that like that sorta thing but it gets stale fore me real quick.

It was fun for awhile.

3. inuse78

inuse78 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    #163 inuse78, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Ticket resolved

4. WhovianWithALightsaber

WhovianWithALightsaber Active Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Anybody else having issues with the game loading after ios9 is installed? I haven't been able to play it since I upgraded.

5. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    this is bullshit......i think this game blocks connection of ip address from asia region.................

6. inuse78

inuse78 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Question for anyone high level:

Am I missing something? How do you get the sort of credits and crystals to upgrade blue/ purple items?!?

Getting crystals seems impossible. To build them up myself, I need to get 27 x level 2 (white) to turn that into enough blue of the same crystal.

I can't get decent crystals because my gear isn't good enough and there aren't repeatable missions that give crystals.

Does something change once story is complete?

7. thecio

thecio Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I'm level 40, and I run regular reward assaults. I regularly get green and sometimes blue equipment, which can be salvaged for green and blue crystals. It's not fast, but I'm one crystal away from upgrading my first stock armor (natural blue).

Of course, only salvage items you have doubles for.

8. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Is it true that once i get a tick on a certain equipment in the armory i can sell/salvage/upgrade it and it still counts as completed?

9. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Even though I'm not playing the game anymore,it is still a very good action rpg imo due to many reasons and one of them is the fact that it has no energy timers.
    Also,it has just received a new update featuring lightsabers and new force abilities,sounds pretty awesome.

10. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I've been unable to play this game ever since game center gave me a white screen. =( If the developers are seeing this can it be done such that the game doesn't require game center login on launching the game?

11. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #171 Saucepolicy, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    I have a level 60 character and I've been playing off and on since the soft launch. One thing I can say is that the game has always been grindy as hell, but has gotten exponentially worse since 1.1 and the introduction of a completely separate tier 2 economy. It honestly feels like Kabam does everything in their power to frustrate players-- buggy updates, broken events, horrible RNG. I gave it four months because of the IP, but this game is a colossal fail on all fronts, especially compared to the competition.

And don't get excited about the addition of Force powers and sabers, it's endgame content that you can't even start pursuing until you're level 55. Not to mention the fact that it was a pathetic, pandering change to try to prop up a failing game that was specifically built around NOT having the Force. It certainly doesn't fit the timeline, which is a few months after Return of the Jedi, when Luke is the only known living Jedi.

If you're a masochist and want to keep playing, you can slightly improve your experience:

- Focus on player rating, not character level. The only chance to getting decent loot drops is to play higher difficulty missions. Rating is raised through your gear primarily, so leveling too fast is counterproductive. You'll end up only able to run the lowest difficulty missions which only drop grey and white loot. Tier 1 gear that gives the best PR is: Trooper < Guerrilla < Smuggler < Enforcer < All the rest

Smuggler is the easiest to find and fully upgrade, the crystals are fairly plentiful. Guerrilla isn't available until you get to Anoat. Trooper gear is almost impossible to find and upgrade, as the pieces and upgrade materials only come from Imperial opportunities during events, which have >1% spawn rate, or from ranking in events on Hoth to get snowtrooper gear then salvaging for the imperial crystals.

It sounds like you leveled too fast, and now you're totally stuck. It's going to take a ton of grinding to dig yourself out of that hole, unfortunately.

-higher level crystals come from salvaging higher level gear

-use your crew runs, and don't forget to upgrade them so you can do runs that give better loot.

Kabam nerfed the resale price on desh (the generic leveling materials) so earning credits is a pain. The best way around that right now is to use one piece of desh to upgrade a spare gear drop then sell it. You'll get a lot more credits than selling level 1 gear. A very good ratio comes from one blue desh used on a blue piece of gear. Of course, you have to be able to play those higher levels. :p

To answer another question, if you fully upgrade a piece of gear, yes, you can sell (preferably salvage) it. That means upgrading it to its maximum quality (number of stars), because you earn a blueprint and chromium each time you rank it up.

The Uprising Reddit is a great source of guides, spreadsheets and advice. The Kabam forums are generally a cauldron of seething hate towards the devs. :(

Good luck!

12. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Avoid!

After spending several weeks playing this and trying very hard to like it, I deleted it this morning. It's massively over-complicated, unrewarding and gets progressively more boring as you play.

Every level is gated, every weapon, weapon component, ability and crew member needs upgrading again, and again, and again. In-game rewards and drops are the stingiest I've ever seen, progress is virtually non-existent. No lightsabers unless you quit your job, leave your family and grind what's left of your life away. Mortgage the house while you're at it.

The controls are clumsy, the combat is not exciting. You stand out in the open and shoot at other enemies standing out in the open and shooting. You have other abilities which generally suck and don't make sense.

I can't think of anything positive to say about this. Stay far, far away... (See what I did there?)

Looking for an alternative? Marvel Future Fight or Darkness Reborn. If you have to play a Kabam game, Marvel Contest of Champions is enjoyable.

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Isn't it sad that such an amazing intellectual property gets boiled down to an unrelated mess of micro-upgrades and unknown characters?!? I mean, I'm dying to get a mobile version of the new SW The Force Awakens LEGO game. Anyway, I totally agree with you on this game. Other amazing Star Wars alternatives are Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, both of which allow you to use lightsabers and many other cool weapons. Neither are free to play, which is the way I would prefer my games. Rebels has IAP if you want to get things faster, which I bought to just support the devs and which helped fuel some nice updates. I wish someone would make a Final Fantasy-like JRPG with the Star Wars franchise that would have turn-based battles, but be a premium game that followed the movies or shows or books. Fruitless hopes, I bet.

14. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Too bad Rebels Recon shut down and Uprising will too ...

Agreed with you about the need for a fun, paid, single-player Star Wars RPG. At least we have KOTOR.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah. So weird that with all the talented indie devs out there, the Star Wars license keeps getting handed to these larger F2P devs and getting cheap knock-off games. Sure wish they invest some care into their mobile games department and hire someone to make a more modern KOTOR revolving around the newer films. I'm thankful we got LEGO SW TFA for iOS on day one! I've been enjoying that alongside KOTOR.

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This game shits down on November 17th. Luckily I only spent $5.

Billy

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Quite appropriate typo. I feel for anyone that truly invested in this game.