Universal Starbase Orion - (by Chimera Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Oreniishi

Oreniishi Active Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Ah knew I forgot something, diplomacy is limited at the moment it seems on single player to espionage and sabotage. I sure trading tech, alliance with ai could be added at a later date. I've only just updated to iOS 5 and jumped on a couple of multiplayer games which is where diplomacy could come in handy if not just nuke em off their planet lol.

2. jcifrit

jcifrit Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    graduate student/researcher
    Ontario, Canada
    this looks very interesting; picking it up now while it's on sale!

3. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Just bought the game yesterday, really nice !
    I made a first game on my ipad 2 in huge galaxy, 3 opponents, average difficulty, and was destroyed by my neighbour, because I focused too much on civilian tech and buildings, when he arrived with his fleet he just kicked my sorry ass.

I tried to continue the game on my iphone 4 today, the saves had appeared, but when I clic on any of the two saves for this game, it crashes instantly. I had a save for a game in which I made only two or three turns, when I try to load it, it works.

On the game, it's a real pleasure to find an "master-of-orion-like" on iOS, game is for once a little bit complex, thanks a lot for that. I don't have much complains, it's pretty straightforward for people used with the genre, but I think that new gamers will find it hard to apprehend, help in the game is short. There's just two things : I don't see the interest of the "galaxy" button, and I'd really like to be able to have diplomatics in the game.

Now I know everyone is at war, so for future games I'll adapt, but it would be nice if you could include diplomatics possibilities.

4. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    sale?
    i just bought it at $5.

5. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Picked up my iTunes card yesterday and downloaded last night. Haven't got around to playing yet, though.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The app description says that the price is going to increase from $4.99 to $7.99 after the release sale, it doesn't however say how long the release sale will last.

7. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    awesome .. I'm a fan of galactic civilization and been waiting for ages for similar game in iOS..

to dev ..

might be too much too ask, but one will never know if they don't asked .. is there any plan to include campaign like dread lord, dark avatar? I know you've mentioned that you planned to release all update for free, but seriously i don't mind iap for new campaign ..

regardless, thanks for developing and releasing this game .. the download is not yet finished, but I know I'm going to enjoy it once it does ..

thanks ..

8. KittyMac

KittyMac Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I wanted to let everyone know testing has begun on v1.0.3. We should get this submitted to Apple soon, with a probable release of next week.

Here's what was fixed:

Attached Files:

9. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Front page review! Congrats!

10. Dino Castle

Dino Castle Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Public Administration
    Downloading now!

I went insane when i read this thread.. love this kind of games this is gonna be a hell of a weekend! I might just tell the wife to back off and let me play :p!

Also kudos to the dev, It must be super hard to achieve this quality running mostly a one man show, getting starbase command too to show some love :)

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    HOLY CRAP!! Yup, one man, and ALL that done for an update?? AMAZING job! Thank you SO SO much!

12. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Call me a n00b but what does 4x mean?

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate.

A more encompassing RTS, I guess you could say. Or maybe not, because as far as I know, RTS games came from 4X games...

14. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
  15. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Is there any reason we aren't allowed to choose our color? I'm tired of being orange!

16. jcifrit

jcifrit Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    graduate student/researcher
    Ontario, Canada
    Need an in-depth tutorial; I'm very lost! Not quite sure how to play 'properly' yet...

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    me neither, I'm finding myself spending more time reading everything inside the "?" icons than anything else... =oP

Hopefully I'll get it soon...

this is the first game of this type that I've ever played.

18. missalexis

missalexis Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Google for the Master Of Orion 2 manual. This game is very much a subset of it. It's long though. :)

19. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
  20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]