Universal Starborn Anarkist - (by ZeMind Game Studio Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 7, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, this had me interested, but after seeing quite a few posts late in the GoTW thread, I dove in. And this is a blast. I haven't been this excited about a dual-stick shooter in quite a while.

Controls take a little getting used to with the inertia and, trying to get your "main gun" pointing where you want it to go. But, I've only played a few games and already think this is fantastic. And looks like a lot of replay value with so many unlocks.

And for those of you worried about IAPs, I wouldn't be. I earned over 200,000 credits just in the tutorial and first game alone. Now I just need some more schematics so I can use some more of the stuff I can buy with it!

As far as GoTW, I actually hope this is pushed off until next week (which by the rules, it should be due to the Saturday release). I'm pretty set on Savant-Ascent this week, but unless there's some formidable competition, I could see this being my pick next week.

Highly recommended!

2. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Why the one star then?!

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I see now. Didn't realize I had to tap that little drop down menu for the buy option

I remember reading in another thread, that sometimes the ratings glitch out and will register as a one star

---
    Anyone else find it difficult to add parts to the top left corner?
    [​IMG]

Also I definitely think this game needs a Reset Ship option in the build menu

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not sure what you're referring to. I know sometimes thread votes can be a little weird or may accidentally pick up a vote. But I just looked and didn't see anything for me.

But to be on the safe side, I put 5 stars in both the thread and app voting areas.

Honestly, I never purposely give ratings in threads at all. But only do if for some reason something like this happens.

5. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Lol yeah I see 5 stars now but earlier it was showing as a one. I was just confused cos you clearly liked the game by your comments but it was showing me you rated it one star lol.

6. Pretty awesome game so far! Really liking it. Love the bosses.

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #47 Echoen, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    I hate that upper left corner.

2 bugs so far. Killed 5 bosses but didn't get any of the achievements (8 engines, kill 5 bosses). I think it was because of my drone. I did it again without the drone and got the kill.

Another bug, I have the gravity and anti-gravity guns equipped but I haven't gotten the achievement.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Anyone manage to upgrade their main gun yet? I wish you could choose to have control over a laser or whatever other weapons you have, but noticed it says the main gun is "upgradable" but either haven't unlocked the ability to do so or don't know how to.

And the placement of that drop down for buying an item really needs to be moved. It is a pain to put any parts around it without clicking on it.

9. Really liking the diversity in this game, there is alot to this game making your ship, and the gameplay is cool cause there are so many different weapons and bosses. Too cool.

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    You can only have 1 main gun. Those glowing red/blue/green parts you get while playing are the upgrades. Default setting is collecting 1 part will upgrade your weapon/shield/engine at the same time. Individual mode is mich harder where you need to upgrade the parts yourself picking out the correctly colored pieces so you can have green missiles/blue engines/red shield. Check out the How To Play on the title screen for more info on what each color does

11. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    What the hell happened to the last four hours?! :eek:

Haha... damn this game is good. Tons of upgrades, a steady income of gold and tempting and rewarding achievements. Great music, fun fights and awesome controls.

I love how you can build a solid ship, that is hard to kill but tough to steer, or go for a tiny and fast ship. So much stuff to do, yet so simple and enjoyable. The (short) loading screen also have some great text that made me chuckle a couple of times.

Bravo. :)

12. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Another weird bug. My kill counter was at 23 but I already got the achievements for 25 kills without a gun equipped.

I replaced 2 shields on my ship with 2 hull parts and my ship felt more agile and made getting the no gun achievements a lot easier. Anyone else think so?

13. ZeMindGames

ZeMindGames Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    Answering Questions

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great feedback on my game! Keep the suggestions/bugs coming, and I'll try to add/fix them as soon as I can.

I'm just reading through the backlog of the posts in this thread now, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Looks like the top left corner of ship design problem is iPhone specific because I have no problems on my iPad mini.

Attached Files:

15. ZeMindGames

ZeMindGames Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    Only the iphone version has the drop down description window that's causing the issue, on iPad it's always on screen in the bottom left. I'll make sure it's easier to use that top left corner in the next release.

16. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Welcome to TouchArcade and Congratulations on a really fun take on the dual stick shooter genre.

17. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    It's boss hammer time! :D

Attached Files:

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks! I guess it would help to read the how to play section. I've only pressed the question mark in the garage. I knew you only had one main gun. Just thought it could be permanently upgraded. But makes sense that it's the power ups that give it different effects.

Has anyone had a issue where if you put machine guns in certain places, they don't fire? (And yes, they are pointing the right direction outwards).

Glad to have the dev join the thread! Great game!

19. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    That's Awesome!

20. #60 Connector, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Welcome, the one thing that may help is the left movement pad on the ipad seems too large of a radius, one has to move too far to register a movement, maybe make an option for size of this radius, or just make it smaller?