Starbucks pick of the Week thread.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Wediafom24, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh, you don't need to :rolleyes: :). I didn't intend to come off snarky, but that's the inernet for ya.

Gotta look for Fibbles...my Starbucks can be lazy at times...

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I can't imagine having to drive 3 hours to Starbucks. I probably have 15-20 in a 10 mile radius, but that's city living for 'ya.

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm not talking about lurkers on this forum, I'm referring to people who walk into a Starbucks store and steal the entire display containing all the code cards, then give them away on the Internet. That's not the purpose of the display, nor is it in the spirit or the rule of the program.

They're not your codes, they're not meant to be used as currency, they're Starbucks' codes. Wouldn't it be greater if you put your useless code cards back so that other customers could have them instead?

Nice slipping in some begging, and that's the main problem: forum threads that all devolve into tons of begging and demanding of codes, hugely devaluing any information on the game that might actually be present somewhere in the thread. It makes Touch Arcade a LOT less useful overall imho.

4. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Likewise, didn't mean to roll eyes:D
    See, that's what I am saying. I am ok since there are 2-3 Starbucks stores like two blocks away:cool: I feel bad for folks who have to drive 3 hours to find a store:eek:

5. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    lol, think you ought to get a breather mr snarky. Oh so they're not MY codes..wow so if you walk into a store, purchase a product, got yourself a free gift card say Target, you should just refuse it and throw it back so that other customers could have them instead? Well that sure makes a whole lotta sense now doesn't it, thank you so much for clarifying

haha as for begging, please do yourself a favour by googling up the meaning of that word, it's commonplace for non-native speakers to get confused between that and say 'request' or 'ask'. Oh and while you're at that, try 'demand' as well.

While I do concede that this forum should be about iOS games only, the very fact that the mods had not closed down this thread means that it is of some relevance and by posting relevant things in the relevant threads, I simply do not see any severe devaluing going on here. If you're that adamant about fighting for this noble cause, please appeal directly to the mods or join them so you can do something more concrete and useful about it rather than letting it out at any random person.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The TA forum rules clearly mention that only developers can give away their own promo codes.

We allowed Starbucks threads previously, however people abused this by posting multiple codes (which isn't what Starbucks intended) or by begging for codes.

Thread closed.