StarHogs for $0.99

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ultimo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    If you don't want to respond, your wish...

Just tht it'll make me more hesitant to buy your other products

2. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

We give codes away on TA all the time...we like to reward the members on here for their loyalty and their support.

And this is the first time I've seen someone complain about getting a game for free. :p

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Really ?
    Which part my sentence sounds like a complain to you ?

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I thought you said you'd never buy StarHogs? =P

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Obviously you haven't looked very hard then.

6. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I WAS WINNING, but the opponent disconnected on purpose or something, and I pressed end game because it was frozen, and I lost...

7. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    when did I say tht I bought it or I did anything to get the code ?
    you PpL gotta READ & COMPREHEND rathr than ASSUMING thyngs
    I rest my case

8. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #68 ChaosProdigy, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Wall of typo text crits you for 13,324 damage!
    You die.

On a more positive note,

Earlier today i saw 38 people online fighting in 16 games... Every time I log in i see a crowd ready to duke it out!

Come check out my Chaos challenge this Sunday 4-11pm Eastern, and see if you can take down the currently #1 hog!

PS.

Judging by the APP store reviews, not everyone is happy with the Worms... hopefully that can change in the future, but I'll believe it when i see it.

I thought your purpose was to insinuate that Star Hogs needs to have a $0.99 sale in order to be able to compete, and are desperate? Also through your other replies, you keep talking about how great Worms are, even though the thread was supposedly made to help Star Hog lovers get a good deal on the game... I'm not flaming you, its just that what you are saying is a contradiction in terms...

9. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Hey TA posse! Wanted to give a heads up here first that Star Hogs will be raising in price tomorrow (Friday, August 7th) back up to it's regular price. This is your last chance to get this killer multiplayer, turn-based strategy game for cheap cheap!

:D

10. Blo0dyDude

Blo0dyDude Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Student
    in Hell
    ive played the lite version of the game and it was ok ( and i love thease kind of games - i can play all day long worms!)
    so do you recomand get the full version?

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I personally don't...

esp. with worms controls getting bettr anytime now

12. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    you decide... if you liked the lite, you're gonna get much more content and fully functional multiplayer for a very cheap price.

13. Blo0dyDude

Blo0dyDude Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Student
    in Hell
    what if i played the game , and liked it but didn't get addicted to ( maybe because i didnt try the multiplayer yet) it?

14. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    not sure what the problem is...

SH is a great game. And it's even better for $0.99 . If you like these sort of games why not just buy both instead of slagging off SH for having a sale?

15. Blo0dyDude

Blo0dyDude Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Student
    in Hell
    your right , i like this kind of games , and this game too so why even asking if it worth it?! besides it's only $0.99!

16. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    getting...???????

you make it sound like it is improving by the second. I'll believe it when the update actually comes. Meanwhile, the worms controls blows. period.

17. Blo0dyDude

Blo0dyDude Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Student
    in Hell
    but starhogs has multiplayer! thats one of the things that im really looking for in the game

18. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    yup, the starhogs multiplayer rocks. Some of the best you can get on the iphone now. I will recommend dinosmash and uniwar too, those are pretty good too for people who like multiplayer games.

You misunderstood my post. That remark was for ultimo regarding worms. I have a burning hate for those who hype up crappy first releases (especially those with known brands) and goes around assuring everyone that all the problems will be fixed in updates. It is either a good game NOW or it is NOT. Don't tell me whats getting fixed in updates, if it sux, don't release it. We have enough beta status games on the app store already.

Ultimo goes beyond the line by moving around the forum insinuating flames/insults/taunts against starhogs just because starhogs happen to be seen as a competitor to worms and the mods and ALL the reviewers sided with starhogs and not worms. However, starhogs clearly isn't comparable to worms in terms of sales. Worms is selling way more just on it being a known brand. So ultimo, if you had any sense left you should just STFU on these two games already. You don't have much credibility left on these forums anymore.

19. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    on the other hand, ultimo's subtle strategy is pretty entertaining.

20. Blo0dyDude

Blo0dyDude Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Student
    in Hell
    ok, ill buy it now when it's on sale and i know that starhogs isn't a competitor to worms ( worms is awesome!) and your right about Ultimo- he is kinda annoying ( and i aint online that much on the forum)

P.S i already own DinoSmash( got it when it released) and i didn't really like Uniwar, not my type of games