Stickman Dan's Dreamfall [Submitted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ktfright, Sep 28, 2009.

1. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Naked plunge???

2. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California

Wow, I don't know if I can say no to that... That's honestly the craziest s**t I ever heard!!! Getting hard to choose a good story, but definitely in the maybe-yes file, that's for sure.

3. rautha harkonnen

rautha harkonnen Active Member

Sep 29, 2009
    sky dive dan

altrough

sky dive joe would be better me'thinks..

4. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    It reflect on my life. Thank you for considering it.

5. aafuss

aafuss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Babya Stickman Adventures.

6. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Story; he was skydiving with a backpack full of all his clothes but as he jumped off the plane his clothe got caught and ripped and his backpack ripped so now he is falling naked and trying to gather his clothes from his pack while he is falling.

Title possibilities;
    Diving Dan and the fatal fall of stockman shamefullness (leaves it . open for diving dan to have more adventures later in the series!)
    iFallNude

7. yellowsquirrel

yellowsquirrel Active Member

May 11, 2009
    I'd be tempted to call it Desperate Dan and wait for someone to threaten a lawsuit. All publicity is good publicity right?

8. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Thanks guys, but already have a story and title on deck as of now, now I just need to make up some features, and I need some things to add like obstacles and other things like that so the game has some content. I'm trying to go the canabalt route by not making the game have so many levels(to keep it simple) but you try to get as many points as possible for how long you live.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    lol, saw the title, and the fact that ktfright needs a story. I'll start thinking up one, and it shall be epic.

Edit:
    Oh. I'll come up with one anyways. If you like it better you can use it. Many members here can testify that my story-writing skills border on god-like.

10. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Cool, show me what you got!:cool:

11. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    When Dan woke up he didn't know where he was, his head was throbbing, he had a terrible pain in his stomach and to top it off he was bare naked! He couldn't remember a thing that had happened the night before but all he knew was that he had to get home. When he looked around to see where he was he was unpleasantlysurprised, he was hurtling towards the earth, down, down not knowing what would happen as he plugned towards the earth.

and to get his memory back he has to get clothes :D

12. Broski

Broski Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    #52 Broski, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    Fallman Dan

Dan was piloting an airplane for a leading clothes manufacturer when suddenly the plane malfunctioned! As the plane exploded Dan was thrown far from the wrecked plane. Dan noticed the clothes catching the air and falling slower than he was. hE now has to collect all the clothes to try to make a parachute quickly to avoid getting splattered!

How's that?

:edit: crap I'm too late.

13. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I'm still playing with different control methods, but what should I consider, touch to drag Dan, or some transparent d-pad, or accelerometer?

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

control methods and other stuff

i think you should have all three but have the option to change between them. also, if your using tilt controls, allow players to edit the tilt sensitivity.

a idea for the game name could be Danfall- sounds like downfall but has the name Dan in it!

story-i think the dream idea is great and that you should stick to that!

15. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Thanks, Ima try to implement them all if possible, and danfall sounds good, just don't know if it's catchy enough.

16. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    how about "What goes up...."

17. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    That sounds good,but it doesn't really say what the game might be about. I think I'm going to settle with "Stickman Dan's Dreamfall". That sounds catchy, and it hints some story in it and stuff.

18. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Cool, and under the icon you could have it labelled "Dreamfall"

19. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Exactly, but now... What would be a kickass icon? Maybe the red underpants that say "supaman"?

20. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #60 Kamazar, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
    A new sport had come to the view of the public. Originally invented by a Scottish family that was later labeled as terminally insane, it captivated the public. People from all corners of the globe flocked with nachos, hot dogs, and yellow foam hands making obscene finger gestures in the arena of mid-air miracles. It was a sport that gave people more adrenaline than a fat person trying to climb stairs but ultimately resorting to the elevator after three steps. This sport rivaled Miley Cyrus and the Jonas brothers in sheer popularity. They called it the... (insert title here)!!! Contestants (either drunk, sedated, or just plain stupid), would climb the 10,000 foot high pool diving board and fall through the stratosphere. Points would be awarded by how many miscellaneous objects they hit on the way down and how loud that crunch was on collision. The world champion is Jancie Jecebo, from some random town in Texas. She racked up (insert a ridiculously high number here since I don't know how you're gonna score) and lived 17 minutes after contact with her home planet. Will you break that record?

... I think I may have strayed from your actual gameplay, though.