Stickman Dan's Dreamfall [Submitted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ktfright, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Damn, well I have to.... Damn, that was epic on epic... DAMN!!!

That was sick, but yeah, it did kinda stray from the gameplay, mainly because my gameplay has no ending until you lose your lives by hitting balloons, birds, RC planes, and possibly fart-clouds(etc.) then you have your high score.

2. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    So what name and story? Have you decided?

3. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I'm going to go with the dream thing, but Ima elaborate on that more as I add more content in, but for sure, the name will be called, "Stickman Dan's Dreamfall".

4. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Okay, the game is basically done functionality wise, but now I need obstacles and powerups like slowmotion or something to spice up gameplay. Anyone got a list of stuff to either have the player run into or about the controls?

5. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    #65 ktfright, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o99aw34eM44&feature=player_embedded

Okay, so I posted a vid of what I have so far, but its close to done. I currently can't test my game on my ipod right now, but I at least have something that at least resembles a game that I can show you.

(Note* I know the screen capture sucks a bit, so please don't try to flame me because of the graphics, I just want to hear opinions to make the game better.)

Also, the game play is simple--- you drag Dan to the clothes, but ONLY the clothes, you cannot touch the balloons or birds, and I am still adding more things to run into and things to increase your score.

Also, the music you hear, how do you like it? does it fit the game at all?

EDIT--- the game does not actually run that slow, the screen capture software is laggy.

6. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    The video looks cool but I think u should add some man flying through the sky *cough* chuck Norris *cough* and can the slogan PLEASE be " Even in a dream what goes up..." :p

7. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Oh yeah, can a mod change the title of this thread? Because I have a definite title for this now.

8. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I will try that, but I can't make it Chuck, cause I might get sued...but I could make a sort of superhero in his dreams...got an idea of a superhero name Stickman Dan can accidentally run into?

9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #69 Devilishly Good, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    the super hero could be something Dan has dreamed of before...himself as a superhero so you could call him "Super Dan"...maybe running into the superhero will get you a life back???

Okay, I just watched the video...is there a penalty for missing clothes or just for hitting the wrong items?

As for the music...sorry, but I did not like it all, the midi tones, the frantic pace of it...the whole thing did not seeme to fit with the game. I would rather just hear "air rushing by noises" as you fall than the music in the video.

10. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    That would work, but wouldn't he run into himself, well... dreamwise? that could like... mess up the space time continum... damn, I'm thinking too hard about this!!!:eek:

11. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol,...it could be Dan's opposite, but I don't think apple would appreciate "Super Nad" as name :p

12. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    maybe evil, or even "Devil Dan"!!!;)

13. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    okay, I have improved a lot on the game in terms of how it runs, but it sorta seems like I don't have that certain "look" to it yet.

So I am wondering, if you see the background on one of the pictures I posted before in an earlier post, what should a dream background looks like, or does that background already look good enough? (I would post a pic, but I am on a school computer.)

Also, if you have a mac, you can play it for free at gamesalad.com, if you have the plugin of course.(sorry windows:()

14. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    You could have fuzzier and more indistinct clouds in the background to give it some depth versus just the flat gray. You could even put other objects that go by in the background that would also add depth to the whole scene.

15. ktfright

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    yeah ,like some slow moving little cloud way far in the background, and maybe a boeing airplane flying, but its really small from afar.

I also might try adding a colorless moon and stars or something, but I'm just throwing ideas out there.