Street Fighter 4 proves my point

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Omega-F, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    If you are truly 38, then I feel sorry for a person of that age to have such an immature attitude.

I dare you boyo, tell me how SF4 for iPhone is a proper Street Fighter.

2. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    And how does Streetfighter 4 prove that point did you actualy manage to play it?

3. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    In this case, specially after taking a look at the developer's track record on the platform, and after watching those gameplay videos, I don't think it's completely necessary to play the game to assume that it will be mediocre. Look at those videos: does the experience seems seamless? Does it feel like a true Street Fighter game? and more importantly, would anyone who's fan of this franchise and like it because of its gameplay purchase this thing?

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Looks like you have your mind set then. Anything everyone else says is completely wrong if not in support of your opinion. You are completely right.

5. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Well i admit that Capcom has some bad games on the Ipod but they als have some good ones soo looking at there trachrecord it could go either way
    And looking at the gameplay vid the controls look far more fluid that i had feared so yes it does look pretty good

6. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #66 Omega-F, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    Not at all. I'm glad if someone disagrees with what I have to say, because that can spark a debate. I just hope I was dealing with more mature people. :mad:

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm sorry, but you appealing for maturity is like George W. Bush appealing for intellectualism. Your whole "prove me wrong" stance is incredibly immature. It's exactly as Squarezero said, you can't prove that an unfounded, prejudiced OPINION such as yours is incorrect. I can disagree, but I'm sorry I can't supply "proof" that your opinion is incorrect, because it is an opinion. I can tell you with perfect certainty however, that no one of any intellect whatsoever is going to buy your notion that early video snippets are sufficient to state a game is incapable of being "true" to the franchise.

8. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Everyone should bookmark this thread and comeback after a few days of the release of this game. I'd love to see people's arguments, and how they defend the game.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Please don't talk about immaturity when you're too childish to recognize that people legitimately like how this game looks and you are in fact, living in a dream world when you say that video looked bad. It's been made obvious by this thread that no one agrees with you and your so-called proof holds no water at all. Your consistent arguing only goes to strengthen the valid points made by other people. Thanks.

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well you're not a troll, so I'm going to go ahead and try and explain why people aren't taking you seriously.

Firstly, you don't seem to have 'proved' anything, and having such a title like that doesn't help. You say that the video of the SFIV preview 'proves' your point, but it actually hasn't; you've made a subjective value judgement on the preview being sub-par at least, which is a view supported by seemingly no one here, and you insist that it is fact and it 'proves' your point.

And your attitude really helps in antagonising everyone else. The prime example of this is how quickly you resorted to the 'fanboy defense' which is so overused in any gaming debate, where anyone who tries to defend their point against yours is deemed a fanboy and thus their opinion is invalid. There are other examples, such as the 'mature people' comment in the quote, but that's the most glaring one. It's extremely contradictory since you claim that you're glad that someone disagrees with you.

I'm not flaming or trolling you, just seeing if you understand why everyone else's response was like that.

11. donner

donner Well-Known Member

I actually think he's right. I'd much rather take an innovative game that fits into the strengths of the idevice platform than a watered down console 2nd rate experience.

That being said I think some genres would port over quite well and offer an equal or even better experience than a traditional console, like menu based RPG's and some TBS / RTS games.

but virtual D pad fighting games.... Theres no way those can be better on an iphone.

12. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Wel if i hadnt played Blades of Fury i would have agreed with you but that game proved that it can work

13. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    The problem is you've already decided it's a piece of pooh. There may be a precedent for it to be, but that doesn't make it fact since it hasn't been released and we haven't tried it.

It certainly won't be up to snuff compared to the console version, but it may play very decently and provide a good alternative on-the-go on your freaking phone. For people like me who don't even have a console, it's nice to know I can even try the game. If it turns out to be bunk, then we'll see.

Question is, if it turns out to be decent enough, will you be big enough to admit it?

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh I agree, I've been arguing the same thing for a while. The problem here is that SFIV looks pretty damn good. Sure, many ports to iPhone totally suck, but those are the ones he should be using as examples... as for this, it seems the majority of people are in favor of having it ported over, making his entire argument pointless. The way things are looking now suggests that the game will sell well, people will be happy, Capcom will be happy... everyone except Omega-F who for some reason will keep believing that he's somehow more enlightened than everyone else. I suppose it's to be expected, we've seen the same crap from him in the past, no one sided with him then either.

15. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    #75 Omega-F, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    I have Blades of Fury, and I thought it was pretty decent for iPhone. That game doesn't prove much though. Why? Because from any way you see it, this game is as shallow as a fighter gets. It's repetitive, incredibly simplistic and mundane. In terms of gameplay, it kinda worked because is a Soul Calibur clone. Soul Calibur is not as fast paced as Street Fighter 4, and it has a completely different gameplay style.

16. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hey lame ass,....shut the hell up, with the boyo crap, and form a real argument. Why won't it work? "because it doesn't have buttons". Friggin cry about it. I'd wager that virtual buttons offer faster feedback and more precise manuvering than physical buttons. And don't tell me "no they dont", cause I'll just say "yes they do".

17. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    It poves the most important point about a fighter game on an Idivice it proves that the controls can work

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Let me agree with you one point: I think it's foolish to expect that a Street Fighter IV on the iPhone is going to recreate the arcade experience (or that of the sweet set up that someone posted on the other SF4 thread). The question for me is: can it still be a fun game? The videos I've seen so far suggests that the answer is yes, but we won't know for sure until it's actually released.

Big SF4 fans who can only bear "the real thing" should probably avoid this version -- but then again, they should probably avoid any portable version of the game, since none will live up to their expectations.

19. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    If by work you mean laughably simplistic, imprecise and frustrating controls, it definitely works.

20. Jack111

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    I always thought them to be good enough not perfect in any way but they can get the job done