Street Fighter 4 proves my point

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Omega-F, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    True. And i agree, the OP seems like quite a cynic

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Who says it will be better? Nobody expects this to be better than the console/arcade version. If they do, they are mentally deficient. All I expect is to have an enjoyable SF experience with me wherever I go. And if the video proves anything at all, it's that Capcom looks like they might just pull that off in impressive fashion.

I never actually expected to see an SF game on iPhone. And if there were to be one, I'd expect one of the much older versions. The fact that they're trying to create a current generation console game on the iPhone while still retaining a majority of the content is something that should be applauded. Yet you condemn them Omega, because it's not device specific and you "believe" that "perhaps" the controls "may" not be as good as you'd like them to be. So you're saying rather than have a watered down version of something you'd rather have no game at all? Why? I don't see how this game's existence is hurting you in any way.

And what is so wrong with the people that don't mind a watered down version? As I said in another post regarding this game, I've owned damn near every portable version of SF in my lifetime. Even SFII on the original GameBoy is fun, and it's severely crippled from it's console/arcade counterpart. Are you honestly expecting an iPhone version of SF to be the definitive experience?

If you have realistic expectations, you will find yourself being quite impressed with some of the games that have been pulled off on iPhone. If not, you're going to live the rest of your life being disappointed.

3. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    #103 SarcasticGamer, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    As always well said Board :)

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    looks amazing, whats not gonna be amazing is when your loosing because your sweaty thumbs are stuck to the screen and being able to pull off a simple jump will be damn near impossible :) its like trying to glide your thumb over a gluetrap! (to catch rodents)

5. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    This game is like a movie, some people enjoy it some don't. Just because you think it's a crap doean't mean others think the same thing. The only time when the game is crap is when 100% people think it's crap. If there's 1% world's population think it's not crap then it's not crap to them. You can express your opinion but don't try to convince people about it. And please provide proof if you want stating the fact that the game is crap. Without proof your opinion is just opinion. They are NOT facts

6. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    The only thing that SF4 "proves" is that the iPhone needs a control pad. :\

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    No thanks. I bought it for the friggin' touchscreen.

8. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    Judging the game even if it is not yet released??? lame... Mr. Omega F just reminded me of MichaelScott...:D lets all just wait for the game to come out, then after that we could say whether SFIV is great or the other way around...

9. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    That almost sounds sig-worthy:)

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #110 Vovin, Feb 24, 2010

You'll gonna laugh but I thought the same yesterday.
    Omega-F is Michaelscott reborn.

The same prejudicing behaviour...

11. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    #111 BrainGame, Feb 24, 2010
    hahaha both of them are pretty annoying but in a funny way though... :D

12. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    One question that I haven't seen answered anywhere.
    From looking at it, there's only 1 punch and 1 kick button. Now on the original gameboy, jab strong fierce depended on how hard you pressed on the button. Bbbbuuttt with touch controls....

Anyways, I think the game looks great and will probably buy it because I love Street Fighter(that and I've got way too much itunes money.) I'll reserve my judgment for when I play the game, but I gotta say with this version and one button ultras...

ULTRAS ON REACTION?!

that and no more ex srks instead of ultra >.<

13. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Personally I prefer michaelscott, at least that guy loves the platform Omega fail on the other hand seems to be a closet psp:ds fanboy.

14. Shin

Shin Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    I expected it to be crap, but looking at the video made me impressed. The guy can actually do specials. Also, fans wanted an iPhone version as Ono (SFIV producer) commented that SFIV could even be ported to the iPhone in an old interview.

15. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada

Ok except the gameboy do not have pressure sensor on the bouton.. It do not depend on how hard you press but rather on how long you press.

16. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Well, just curious as to thoughts post-release. I don;t know about you, but I find the results workable and fun. An enjoyable rendition.

17. Scyther

Scyther Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Your saying you can produce a better app for iphone? If you can go ahead. if you can't stop complaining about apps.. and people play games for like 90% of the gameplay and only for like 10% for the graphics.

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Ow-MEGA FAIL!!

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    #119 sizzlakalonji, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    Where are you?

Where is Omega-fail? I think I'll PM him and direct him back to this thread. Although it will probably be pointless since he
    a) won't have bought it
    b) won't admit that he's been made to look VERY foolish
    c) will come back and continue to blather about how it's no good even though he won't have played it

You. Lose.

EDIT: PM sent.

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    @Omega-F

You sir, are an imbecile.