Street fighter iv combos forum

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jailjal, May 17, 2011.

1. Jailjal

Jailjal Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    #21 Jailjal, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
    Discussion

Though I do agree with them both being slow, Dhalism has his long reach ability. He is also THE easiest punisher to use, due to his teleport and long range. He is best used if you are aware. When some is fighting you, do the back teleport and do what you have to do.
    Sagat is best used for almost anything he can definitely win a projectile fight coupled with his enormous amount of possibilities of a combo. His kicks are very long range almost all the time. Very easy to use and very rewarding for experts. When I use him, I don't usually use his fireballs anyways and I don't get morally wounded much. USE his slow, ten meter kick; its range should definitely help out. I just started using it and it deals a good amount of damage for fighting.

@ DusTHounD I find that crimson viper is good at pressure and I love her ex thunder knuckle; you should use it often, Passes though fireballs and very useful for combing into her ultra.
    Ex thunder knuckle - thunder knuckle
    Ex thunder knuckle - ultra
    Ex thunder knuckle - Burning kick

2. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Zangief

Zangief, the thrower! Or really?
    Zangief is mostly used for his life threatening throws, right? Well think again. His regular attacks probably have the most range (excluding Dhalsim) and they are extremely quick, why not utilize them? His chop (p) is a very good brawl attack, it is almost always in range. His spinning lariat is also useful if someone is doing a standing charge attack. His throws are not best used in offense however; it is best used when you jump in for a punishment or when they jump in. His throws do not have e priority over anything so be careful of when to throw it. His green hand (forgot name) is best used when the opponent has that last bit of health or for fireballs or otherwise Ex. Don't use it often; a solid chop festival should be enough. Use his standing Loewe kick after a high attack. His standing jab kick can be a three hit combo thanks to the stun. He is very vulnerable to moves. For example: cammy; spam her cannon spike and u you should have no problem. The only way to counter is a wel placed and timed focus attack which is hard to do.

3. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Hmm, interesting perspective on Zangief- i usually don't play as him because i tend to stick to the faster characters.

So what strategies and combos would you guys recommend for Deejay?

@12yam: i personally don't use the assist, but can't really see the problem with using it. Controlling a game like SF takes practice, even you already have experience on console or arcade, as the control interfaces- i.e. touchscreen, joypad, arcade stick each require time to be able to use proficiently- a person who is good at one might not necessarily have an easy time using another.

4. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks DusTHounD.
    My tips for DeeJay is to try to keep the guy on the ground. He has good ground moves. A good ground offensive push is his projectile then his sobat kicks. The projectile block the opponent so he has to jump or barraged by his sobat. His sobat is actually pretty safe. His ultra is something you can combo into after an ex machine gun uppercut or the upwards sobat. His ultra is also pretty safe because on his last hit, either fighter will be apart at a good distance. I recommend just rushing the opponent and/or pressuring them with his machine gun uppercut, it is a pressure move. The ex sobat move will pas through fireballs too but not the regular. His Crouching kicks aren't bad either.

5. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Sagat combos

Jump kick, crouch kick, Tiger uppercut Focus attack dash cancel into high step kick then ultra.
    (easy) jump kick, ultra
    (somewhat easy) jump kick, crouch kick, Tiger uppercut.

6. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    Hey Jailjal:
    did you hear the news? New ver. of SFIV coming to iOS! (Although it's a new, paid app.) There's going to be four new characters, so it'll be fun to get combos for those! Incoming are Balrog (boxer), Vega (claw) and Cody, plus a mystery fourth character. The choice seems a little strange, but with those first two guys, they will have covered the entire original roster from SF2.

7. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada

Thanks for telling me, already knew. Forgot to post it. I think the fourth character is akuma. one of the screens from the previews have akuma on it and lots of people were asking for him. I think that volt should be an add-on for street fighter IV and cost less for people that already have it.

8. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    More abel things

Lots of Abel's moves are canceled into his tornado throww but his tornado throw is not usable so it is technically useless unless they block. Remember to keep in mind that attacks (even when blocked) knock both of you back.

Jump punch, Standing punch, Super. Works like a charm.

Jump punch, Crouching hard elbow/punch, Ultra.
    If you just do the elbow, it will do less damage than the actual ultra but this combo does more.

Jump punch, Crouching Elbow/punch, Super. Not sure which is stronger, the first or this one, try it out.

Crouch kick, Change of direction. This was in the DOJO.

Jump punch, Crouching punch/elbow, [Anti-air throw, Wheel kick or change of direction (once)] [] can be replaced with a variety of moves.

9. DusT_HounD

Jun 27, 2010
    For Abel, i like the forward+K, then into EX tornado throw.

If the kick was blocked and they try a technique, the EX throw has the invincibility period that allows you to ignore it.

10. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    sagat into super

His Tiger knee is cancel-able into his super if you hit the first hit. The second hit and his tiger uppercut make the opponent float so you can't continue the Super move. His standing kick (first hit) is cancel-able into tiger genocide too.

11. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    #31 Jailjal, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    List of known Jugglers

Abel: Great for juggling, His crouching elbow is a really easy juggle and can be a starter for a combo. The end can be a variety of moves.

Sagat: His tiger uppercut can be a juggler but requires an FADC (Focus attack dash cancel) and deals a lot of damage. It isn't followed by as much moves like Abel, but still plenty.

Ryu: Dragon punch FADC. Sometimes EX Tornado kick.

Ken: Same as above except second hit.

Cammy: Spiral cannon FADC.

Zangief: Lariat FADC. Can be comboed into EX Banishing flat.

Dee Jay: Machine gun uppercut (EX too).

M.Bison: None?

E.Honda: None again?

C.Viper: Thunder knuckle FADC. Seismic hammer and EX seismic hammer; hold a jump button after performing the move. She will automatically do a boosted jump.

Dhalsim: None again?

Chun Li: Ex Thousand kicks and her high kick for her kick combo. (See command list.)

Blanka: None?

Guile: FADC from flash kick.

P.S. Feel free to reply for any other jugglers that you know.

12. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Announcement

Street fighter Volt is coming out at june 30! The lOnger it's in the app sotre, the higher the price is going to get! About 350 mb.

13. Jailjal

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    street fighter: Akuma

Akuma is a very easy and rewarding character to use. he has lots of moves and combos to use.

Jump punch, Kick, Punch, hurricane kick, Shoryuken (3 hits) then flaming fireball.
    Does about 440 damage and you can start off right at the kick then into the shoryuken.