iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. HEIF_37

HEIF_37 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I make it a point to play these guys and beat them.

2. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    @burnt: yeah let's do it later.

3. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Dude...i saw the replay and you did awesome :eek: Was that the only match you played? He is the best Cammy from the U.S. servers. If you can beat him like that, you have nothing to fear from me. He is way better than I am. Guile is a tough matchup for me so I like to play Guile a lot regardless of the outcome. I lose a lot to Guiles too but better to lose in friendlies with friends than ranked :D

Looking forward to some matches later :)

4. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    After watching again, i feel i got pretty lucky in that fight. Yeah, he left right after, in a snap. Probably pissed to lose like that to a low BP Guile, heh. Ok yeah, looking forward to some fights with you later too!

5. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Learn the timing of his turn punch. It helps you with fireballs.. Some of them. Charge fireballs characters can be a little hard to punish with a turn punch though, so you may have to just do it the old fashion way.

Know how to mixup with his overhead punch and other charge moves. It feels good to reset someone with a cr. p x cr. p x cr. k x overhead to reset them and then cr. k into headbutt. That reset hurts if it hits. Also, mix in an EX Overhead in case they try to poke you out of it. If it gets armor broken, okay. If it hits, they're probably about 85% to getting stunned.

Learn the range of his pokes and be careful with his st. K, his cr. forward K (His anti-air punch) and his cr. forward K (His sweep). They're good, long range attacks, but they're really slow to recover with. Know when and when not to use them. Also, with his cr. forward P, you have to really space it out in order for it to hit. If they're too close, he could whiff with them above you and if they're too far away, he could whiff and get punished. '

EX Headbutt can beat out a lot of ultras. Sagats, Guiles, Fei's, etc. Lets say, I'm in the corner, and you have Guile and you try to chip me with his super or ultra. I can EX Headbutt it safely and punish with ultra, if need be. I can also do this when I'm fighting for a perfect and my opponent does an ultra to chip me so I don't get it.

Be careful of characters that can mixup really well, since that is one of Rog's big weaknesses. He has to take a risk or use meter to get out in that circumstance and has a chance of getting punished on that.

Be careful of characters that can grapple, like Gief, or have a command throw, like Abel. These are Rog's worst matchups since he HAS to get in to do some damage and is always at risk of being thrown. One mistiming and Rog can get grabbed out of a charge punch or a poke. A lot of those matches rely on you having to really think ahead of your opponent. Now, if you feel confident, go all out. Try to figure out how they play first though.

He's a good character. He has his faults though, but a lot of matches require knowledge on how to punish what with what.

With teleport characters, you can punish them if you expect them to teleport. Sometimes I kinda guess on when my opponent is going to teleport, so I'm ready to punish it with a charge, poke, or turn punch, or ultra, or whatever. Sometimes I guess right, sometimes I guess wrong, but it's good to be able to know how to punish a teleport and break your opponent's momentum. You know you're in your opponent's head when they either: Slow down on teleporting or stop it altogether.

Remember his armor breaks. People tend to focus on attacking Rogs, which works since one wrong ex charge punch or poke can get him crumpled. Charging back and then forward and HOLD K and that armor breaks. Charging back and then diagonal down forward with SP does the EX Dash Low Smash, which gives you armor and lets you armor break. (I need to work on using this more myself). If you break a person's focus attacks enough, they're gonna stop, slow down a lot or get stunned.

A nice attack I use is cr. K into charge punch. It's hard to do, with lag online, but it's worth it since it's quick and it keeps pressure. Sometimes, I catch my opponent with it a few times and they get stunned. Sometimes it causes them to panic which causes mistakes.

Yeah, but it kinda sucks to beat and then they DC. You didn't get any BP, they didn't lose any BP, and nothing happens to either of your records. It's just a waste of time match.

Also, saw a Hazure3 replay. Guy's insane with Cody. Gonna check out some more of them later.

6. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    How do you guys fight in jap server? Just change lang to japanese and play? I also saw the guy hazure3 man insaneeee Cody. Never know Cody can be that scary

7. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Thank you for the tips, TenOnez! I will put them to good use!

The Japanese App.

8. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    No prob! Also, Rog's anti-air punch, beats Akuma's demon flip, if timed right.

Also, Felix, I saved a replay of me going against a Sagat and I used the cr. K x charge punch thing I told you about. Check it out and see what I mean. It's against "weixiang623" and I just did it.

9. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    So is there an app in the app store for Jap version ?

10. cyrus814

cyrus814 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I called the first one is Coward quit while the second one is Rage quit. I think it is understandable when meeting some bad match up. I would do coward quit when i see Slrc in ranked match.

11. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Once the start up animation is over its quick. Zangiefs can throw me when I start the slide and most people use the focus attack when they see it coming.

12. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    I don't see a replay of you fighting him, yet...

Eeyup.

13. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I'm the opposite. If I see a 0 BP or low BP, I call it bored quit. If I see YYOJJO, I got 10 games and only win 1, drop 1000BP but have a blast doing it. Completely worth losing the 9 games :D

If I see you, i'd probably do the same thing :) I'd at least go for a couple :D

14. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    Oh hello mr. Zangief let's play again. This time I will take my revenge or double it up lol. Your the best Gief I fought so far.

15. cyrus814

cyrus814 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I can surely say Shinsms belongs to the S-tier. He is the most strongest, aggressive and skillful Sim I met. He could use the standing short kick as a counter to air attack! If you think close combat is the weakness of Sim, Shinsms would totally convert your thought! I almost uploaded all the replays I won. Every match I won is very hard, intense. I would say his Sim is like TenOnez's version!

Feel free to download the replays!
    http://sf4iv-en.capcom.jp/analytics/replay_result.php?user_data=1&up_user_id=918

16. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    Check it now. It probably takes a min for it to completely go on the server. It's the newest one at the top.

17. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Woah. Just finished watching it. It was pretty cool! I think I used a similar strategy with Makoto...

18. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    Sometimes you can use it without thinking. Against Makoto is kinda good since you just keep coming. Just know when to back off since she will desperation grab.

It's so sneaky.

19. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    So how do u get that Japanese version ?

20. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    I found this out a while back... sorry. :|