iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Yes, he is

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Bison does ridiculous damage (as does Blanka, but with less tools). Even HEIF acknowledges that he's OP (if I recall correctly). I know the matchup well and still lose to complete scrubs from time to time just because of the massive damage he does. I think HEIF's suggestion was to leave everything the same but reduce his damage output.

Abel isn't all that bad, but people who know what they're doing can just abuse the hell out of jump attacks, safe jumps, neutral jumps, etc. and Abel can't do much. I'm trying like hell to find a consistent use for Falling Sky against the jumpers, but it's so tough. On a side note though, I've been able to use it slightly consistently against Sagat Tiger Knee spammers, which is pretty fun.

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Funny stuff. I like Duyster quite a bit but never liked Farmer much (for no reason really at all). I think I associated Farmer with leaving without giving a rematch a couple times. Never even knew. Haha.

4. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    #30184 DuysterTheBeast, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    he can FA level2, dash in ultra, or even flash kick fdac ultra - takes skill though. he has double sweep and low kick forward down punch, jump away. guile is OP ;)

Bison has 2 normals that can be use to anti air, stand p and stand K. other than that special, psycho, scissor, teleport, headstomp and jump away.

The thing about abel is that people dont use his roll enough, agree with u lack of anti air beside his stand P and ex air grab.

@jibba: haha funny how we had many run-into games and you still havent realized sir.farmer is me :D. bison with ex headstomp on fa = ridiculous damage with 1 bar :D

5. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #30185 HarlequinRogue, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Every character can do fa2/3 ultra. Just because guile can do it, doesn't make it special.

Flash kick fadc ultra is so unrealistic. The sweet spot for the ultra is very low.

You might as well say that guile can link (ex) sonic boom, ultra, but that not is not only incredibly hard but unreliable.

The best way to combo into ultra would be sonic boom ex FA 2. But want to hit confirm a sonic boom? Hello scaling!

None of these advanced techniques are used by the top guiles because they are unreliable.

Guile as a character has always had good normals but he lacks raw comeback potential that sagat, viper, akuma, Ryu have.

Guile isn't OP because he replays very tight playskill 100% of the time. Combine with 2nd lowest stun, he is quite fragile. You can't derp around for half a round and expect to still win

6. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    If you've got the reactions, EX Falling Sky is amazingly useful. Once you are able to predict jumps, it becomes so good. But otherwise, St. HP is always the best..

7. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Him being able to FADC, Ultra wouldn't be much of a buff, really, unless there were an easier way to land the Ultra. Even if it was Ultra 2, it wouldn't do that much.

I find it easier to zone with Guile because of all of Guile's options to keep the opponents out. But then again, Akuma has some too, but just not as many. Although Akuma DOES have a 170 damage anti-air on command, so eh. Guile vs. Akuma is in Akuma's favor a bit, but I'd definitely put Guile higher up.

8. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Just comparing Guile to other characters makes me sick. Whilst guile is very good, he just can't compete with chars like Sagat and Akuma in terms of raw pwer

9. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Whenever I lost to Farmer I wanted another chance to beat him. Now I'll want to even more. Haha!

I personally love Abel's roll and Ex roll. They play right into my style of keeping opponents out of a rhythm. Once people start jumping like crazy to stay away from me I try to switch it up.

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    By the way, Ken Ken is in for the tourney.

11. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    We should recruit our extended family. Can someone grab Cyrus? He was playing the other day...

12. <AlxAndR>

<AlxAndR> Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    If only I knew
    Oh man, the opponents are in for a ride. You also get Cyrus and this will be a massacre...

13. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA

I was kinda respond back on how doctor says guile cant combo into ultra. Guile is great but the way to play him as defensive making him OP. The combos are hard and unreliable to execute in US connection. U dont have to play guile well to win, when u are down just walk backward or simply sit there and bait. Dude have u seen guile stun rate ?? Flash kick is like 200 or something and tell me thats low. None of these advanced techs are used by top guile simply because meter is more important to use to escape better than to gamble it on a combo. Like u ask me if i burn my honda 2 meters to do something fancy. What i was trying to prove is a guile a all rounder and can be greatly op with defensive style.

14. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I haven't seen him in ages. Have you played Inferno? He's on TAAC but I haven't seen him in awhile. He's right up there with Cyrus and shoryutofu as the three best Giefs I've ever seen. I posted on his profile but no response.

15. swimdudeno1

swimdudeno1 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I just played a Ken|Ken that did a Dhalsim. So much run away.
    I just kept getting inpatient.
    Then he left after winning 1 game. =/

This game just frustrates me to no end.
    So many things abusable.
    Laggy games.
    People who are just awful and get lucky.
    People who disconnect when they lose.

How do you all deal with it?

16. berserk_2nd

berserk_2nd Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    I think I just fought u?

17. swimdudeno1

swimdudeno1 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    You did I think! You used 2 characters. I beat the first one. Then you dominated me with whoever you chose second...
    I think you switched to Bison?

18. berserk_2nd

berserk_2nd Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    trying to main Viper now but got beaten badly by your Ryu, lol. Bison is one of my main chars. Good games dude.

19. swimdudeno1

swimdudeno1 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Good games.
    Your Bison killed me.

I've played too many Vipers. Haha. There's like a trick they have where the blockstrings are too tight for me to poke back. Idk what it is or i'd tell ya.

I'm thinking of trying Cammy or Chun-Li. But I'm awful with charge characters. Especially on the Iphone. =/

20. LewsersCryQuit

LewsersCryQuit Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Canada
    So much more friendly and MATURE results on JPN BN than in US BN.. Today kieranhebden DESTROYS me 10 in a row.. After I congrats him and thank him for practice, and all the intros.. It turns out he DIGS and HAS SEEN the local Canadian Indie Musicians that I love and know (some personally)..

He's actually seen these Musicians' Musicians indie bands when they went to Japan.. 13 back n forth BN messages later we're geeking at each other over indie music.. LOL

All this compared to the (mostly) whining, RQ'ing, and cheating on US BN.. With some good manners and humility on JPN BN, it's amazing !!