iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    No challengers yet. :( I guess I'm too free...

Played online versus random people though. They mash lp+lk all day during a blockstring and tech a throw attempt so I need to learn to learn to leave some free frames out there and hopefully I get a counter hit :).

There's lots of frauding going on. I'm about to win a round then they wake up ultra and catch me... I do the same thing and I feel just as much of a scumbag when I win rounds that way ahahahhaah

2. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    GUYS GUYS!! Remember I've played on the Japanese server!! No, not the US server with Jap language, the real McCoy!
    I've asked my question because I've deleted the Jap version off m iPad and I never bought the app myself, I downloaded it from team mate's acc. My question is: Do you change the APP STORE LANGUAGE, Then purchase the app??

3. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Hahaha DUDE!! I felt the EXACT SAME WAY!! XD it's like re-learning SF all over again. We come into the console version with a lot of SF knowledge but the only problem is our execution is off par, it takes a while to get into it. The good thing about playing SP off on volt is it prepares you for console a bit better.

I know for a player like you, the only way is up :p

4. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Mr. Call to arms, still didn't add me to the list! *Hieu sized hmph!*

Btw, you can do fa, throw whiff, low move.

And plus, if you use yun or gief, do their projeftile move, you can super cancel it, or even fadc it. Never knew projectile hits count as hits.

5. eatwithforks

eatwithforks Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Great games hieu. as you noticed, bison is my personal hardest matchup. i have to train alot more. p.s keep the new akuma tricks a secret :)

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    He's playing SFxT these days. Bumped into him and played but I don't think he gets around here much these days.

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    So it looks like this thread is still a hell of a lot more popular than the SFxT thread. That thing is barely limping along at only about 100 pages. How the hell has everyone been? I tried playing Volt last week and just played friendlies with random characters. Even though I didn't break out Sim, it was pretty ugly. After playing Kaz/Hugo for awhile in SFxT I think I'm going to have a really hard time going back to Sim's style. Those big damage combos with Kaz are just so fun (and not much heavy lifting) but Sim can't compare. I may need to try another new character. I really enjoyed Abel since he's not that common, but I'm not sure if I want to focus on him.

BTW, anyone here have kids and want a code for the Minnie Mouse puzzle game? I redeemed some points through FAD to gift a copy to a friend and somehow did it twice so I have an extra that will otherwise go to waste.

8. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Posted an alternative recording method for idevices on the SFxT thread. check it out.

9. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Don't worry dude, when I come back in June you'll get lots of Bison practice ;-) you'll be a Bison DESTROYER YEEEEAAHHH!!!

No method can top my recording method:
    Balancing your camera on the neck of your jumper XD Guerilla style!

10. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    @xion
    Just now im watching "Stem Cells" on Discovery Science, and i remebered you were working on it.

11. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Nice one! :-D
    Anything on regeneration of cardiac tissue?

12. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Yea, there was some technics to make stem cells become proteins, neurons, skin, enzimes. Also saw some created organs with stem cells and aplication of stem cells in cancer tissue instead of radioterapy and quimoterapy. I saw half of the program but i think there was some regeneration of cardiac tissue in it im very sure.

13. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Very interesting! I'm going to look online to see if I can find a link for it.
    Sorry I have to spell check the above :p
    Techniques, enzymes, application, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
    The idea of stem cells being used as opposed to radio & chemotherapy is a nice idea....adding that one to the collection :)
    Thanks again Capt!! Don't forget to show us the AE reps of you and TenOnez!

14. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ok, thanks.

15. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    So, I'm playing this again after a month. Just as rusty as ever and have come to a conclusion.

The game has gotten even worse since I last played it.

First opponent "If you message me and talk crap I laugh", beats me the first two. I win the next 5, and have Yun against his Sagat at the VS screen. Game mysteriously drops at that screen and he sends me a message saying I'm scared of his Sagat. Uh... Okay. My connection is still going strong, sounds like someone dropped and made an excuse.

Next person was another Sagat, eden something. Game is extremely laggy, can't do anything with Yun and look worse. Person drops and doesn't play me anymore. Okay.

Next person is "ZFXFZ". Okay, now this one kinda redeemed the game a bit. I remember fighting him before and he actually trained his Yun more after facing me months ago. This one was good. The set wasn't long, but it was the most enjoyable.

Next two were laggy to the point of unplayable. Like two orange to red connections if they had the connection strength bars in Volt like they do in the console version.

And I've only been playing for an hour.

16. TheXion

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Wow TenOnez THAT SUCKS!! Haha don't worry I'm sure it was like that before but your immense skill could handle it better, remember that organised games ROCK compared to playing a vast pool of noobs...Hope it gets better for ya!

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm pretty sure I was the reason why that first guy changed his name. If I recall correctly, he beat me in the first match and then I smoked him in the second match. I can't remember if he RQ (I think he did), but he friend requested me afterward with some vulgar message. I was in a mood so I spammed him with invites, knowing how annoying it is becaue they cover the top of the screen (the life bar, super bar and ultra). I don't remember any more details but know I got a good kick out of it. I saw afterward that he changed his name. Guy was an ass. Glad to hear you whooped him.

18. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011

Don't worry about it! The first guy dontmessageme is a grade A a s shole and he talks crap all the time. He plays super lame too.

ZFXFZ is good with multiple characters and yes his Yun has really improved. I invited him here and he posted some bs comment here and then deleted it and left.

19. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    #31499 fffan7777, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    I actually enjoyed playing volt after a long break b/c sfxt became so stale. Most of the people I played on that 1 hr session were pretty wack but there were still some names I recognized that played decently.

Maybe we need to get that 100-match session going while you're rusty haha. I bet you'd still own me.

I wish we knew how to do this early in the game's life to make people regret sending rage msgs through gc friend requests hahaha.

The only time I did this was to hieu when he was playing someone here on TA and I think he wanted to ultra and accepted the match invite and it seemed like he rq :D:D:D

On a side note.... Volt has created a bad habit for me on AE. I tend to hold df for hp/hk................

20. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I once did it to a RQer and it could not have been better revenge. He was like 20-3 at the time and was furious because he dropped Ryu's FADC -> ultra combo due to lag (he was one of those guys that thought lag only affected him). By the time I finished spamming him he was 20-10. He finally posted on my BN page and apologized. Turned out to be a decent guy I think and he was a good player. Anyway, I think those were the only two times I used that trick.

As for df, I never got into the habit because it never felt natural. Was that a Bison habit?