iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    I dont know if his super got buffed or not, probably did. My main problem with yun is he cant fadc his uppercut, which already has terrible priority (worse than ryus new uppercut) and his jumping attacks are bad. I dont know who I should main, Yuns has better mixups and a better divekick than cammy, but cammy has better defense and is just more solid. My cammys definitley better than my yun at the moment, but I dont know who I want to main from now on...

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks. I may wait a bit before deleting and re-installing if I'm going to bother learning to main another character. May as well let my current profile take the hit from the learning stages.

3. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    GGs felix, but i can honestly say that was the worst ive played in a while. i think lag played a part but that was terrible.

4. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Good games to you too! I don't know why I kept on spamming Nisho upon wakeup. Glad that I managed to FINALLY stop myself from doing that. I can't wait to fight your Yun when you're at your best! I want to be the best Yun, but I can't really be the best Yun until I fight all the best Yun's so that I can become the best Yun eventually, because then I'll be like the top percentage of Yun's!

5. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    #7965 DoctaMario, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    I don't think Guile's as bad off as you think. I was hoping maybe they'd improve his Flash Kick a bit, but considering what could have happened, I think he's in decent shape. As far as the low Roundhouse being punishable in between kicks, it's gotta be a pretty quick move to outright beat the kick (mastly Jaobs and Short kicks), and a lot of hits will at least trade.

Ultras are something to fear, but I guess you'll have to pay more attention to when your opponent has an Ultra when you choose whether or not to use the double kick.

6. Ken|Ken

Ken|Ken Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Those are some really GG I had with you... I kinda lost my composure in the 5th/6th sets haha

Don't spam Rekkukyaku, not even its EX! Dhalsim can punish it with proper spacing!

7. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Same, i want to be 'The best Cammy'. I think I am, except for possibly redtiger_hl (I think thats his name), but i havent played him so I dont know. I have literally never lost a cammy mirror.

8. VanceVelez

VanceVelez Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    More Honda tech: Honda's headbutt now leaves him open to a headbutt in a mirror match ON BLOCK. Because this leads to a knockdown, this makes Honda-Honda matches some of the stupidest matches to play online. The timing is also fairly tight, so if you can't mash b+SP because you have SP assist off, you want to time the headbutt just as your opponent starts to flip over. Again, really stupid matchup.

9. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    And then if you mash sp too hard you get ex hhs. I always lol when that happens, YOU MASHIN SON? Is ex headbutt still as safe as it was pre update?

Unrelated, but funniest sf vid i have watched since that guy on jerry springer dancing to the guile theme. The match is alright, but watch this with sound and you'll see what I mean. Mago is the best.

10. Ken|Ken

Ken|Ken Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    #7970 Ken|Ken, Dec 17, 2011
    Just play 5 sets Ranked with a Dictator, GC ID: 无名丶(meaning: No Name)
    Tough Dictator! I ground out 3 victories... psh... I will upload the 2 winning sets and feel free to check them out.

So far I noticed a few changes on Dhalsim... I don't think these changes are that bad.
    1.) His overall damage got nerf'd (stand HP and jump HP aka yoga sniper)
    2.) Stand HP start-up and recovery got slower
    3.) Attack start-up after Air Teleport is somewhat slower?
    4.) Lv3 FA doesn't break guard with Yoga Catastrophe (which it should not happen on any version of SF4).

PS: GC ID: StarQB is a rage-quit noob and is SALTY! haha

11. VanceVelez

VanceVelez Active Member

Sep 8, 2011
    EX headbutt is still as safe as it was, it seems. The pushback is the way as it was pre-update, and the way it trades versus Honda's headbutt appears to be the same as well.

12. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    How can I join the team? Is it just luck if there happens to be a spot open when I visit or can I be put on a waiting list?

13. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Haha just luck. Just watch the % complete thing so you know when we're about to level up.

14. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    This doesn't work against the tactic I described, for the simple reason that these Ryu's are not dumb enough to fireball when I'm in that range. They will instead go for the crouching medium kick + fireball combo, the second hit of which will hit me before I can get off the grab (not to mention Blanka's near cammy-quality throw range). I don't have the FA option, other than starting an FA *BEFORE* the kick and hoping to time it immediately after the kick, but that leaves me punishable and again forces Blanka to take extreme risks just to get in.

15. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    I think dee jay would suit you, he wasnt nerfed as hard as blanka. He has akumas sweep, a trajectory changing air attack, imo best crossup, a projectile, can move forward with db charge, good chip damage and 2nd best walk speed. i think they buffed the hitbox if back+p as well, doesnt trade as often.

And we need to have a few games, havent played you for ages.

16. ivwshane

Oct 7, 2011
    Well hurry up and level up so I can go to bed!:p

17. FINIX00

FINIX00 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    #7977 FINIX00, Dec 17, 2011
  18. ivwshane

Oct 7, 2011
    Wahoo!! I'm in! Thanks psxsquall!

19. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Is anybody elses info not updating on the battle network? Mine hasnt changed in the last few hours.

20. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I know. It's really the totality of the update that has me so frustrated. With Guile though, do you find him harder to charge at all?