iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    I'm actually practicing with him at the moment and have been since last night :p

That said, he's no Adon. Not even close. But it looks like I will probably be maining him if I am to keep playing.

2. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Damage nerfs on anti-air punch (f+P? b+P?) not so nice, and his sobat kick no longer getting a knockdown reduces his ability to pressure. Also finding his df+P>exMachineGun has a much tighter cancelling window than before.

3. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    I'm finding the website is several hours delayed .. so I'm sure your data is uploading, but the site hasn't incorporated it into the display data. Bah.

4. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    #7984 DROQQA, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    Just got back in town, played some matches this morning. A few thing I noticed:

The priority on bison's head stomp has been reduced: I beat it out with a tiger shot this morning. Seriously.

The priority on Sagat's tiger knee is reduced - I'm trading with normals that didn't trade before.

Guile is dead as a top tier character. That sweep nerf kills his rush down game.

Sakura losing her mk tatsu for lk tatsu has a drawback - she can no longer hit confirm crouching k into tatsu (only ex), which was nice easy and safe damage. Now she has to confirm into SRK, which you run the risk of dropping the link and eating a huge punish.

The active hitbox on ryu's srk seems reduced. I beat a slightly mistimed one with Sakura's jumping p.

5. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    #7985 DROQQA, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think they either made Sagat's forward dash slower or reduced the block stun from tiger uppercut. So it seems tiger uppercut fadc is negative frames on block. So if you block Sagat's tiger uppercut and he fadc's forward, that can be punished now. So no more uppercut, fadc mixups.

6. Nullroar

Jan 6, 2010
    Munich
    Yeah, DeeJay isn't gonna work. Been trying out Cody. Zonk is, needless to say, interesting when you are basically disabling all punches or special attacks until you use it.

7. Nullroar

Jan 6, 2010
    Munich
    Post has been destroyed. Like blanka's viability.

8. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    My stats haven't been updated in hours and now I can't find the replay I uploaded:(

9. Justgodude

Justgodude Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    New York
    I feel your pain Jibba. Sigh...I'm spilling BP all over the place after this update. I'm still using Sim in ranked but it gets frustrating to the point where I want to throw my devce out the window haha.

10. Vaceotyn

Vaceotyn Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Good games, Felix. Sorry about leaving, I didn't want to keep gaining BP from a team member. Let me know if you want to play some friendly matches though.

11. Nullroar

Jan 6, 2010
    Munich
    800 pages and still no Adon. : (

12. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    It's alright, Vaceotyn! I'm not one of the team yet. I could use some lessons against great Vipers, because most of the ones I played before were easily beaten by Zesshou Hohou-ing around the place. My reaction to your Burning Kicks isn't up to par, and I kept on Kobokushi-ing on your wakeup, while you had an EX Burning Kick. Yeah, I definitely need to rethink my strategy. I uploaded our last match though, the one where I was using Sakura.

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    800 pages and still no Ibuki. : ( And so on. I want more characters, dangit!

14. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    As mooken stated, it's several hours delayed, at least for now since everyones playing this game and overloading the server. I went to sleep and my stats were still showing numbers from 2-4 hours ago.

It's the same deal with replays. I tried searching for snoopers replay when he posted that we should check it out, but I was only able to find it a little later.

15. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    #7995 Snooper, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    Yeah my stats and replays are now updated. I need to watch less vids and play more ranked, Im letting the team down :S Are you sure you dont wanna be sub leader, i was going to make it whoever has the most tp, but if you dont want to....

Edit: Speaking of vids, lots of godsgarden replays are up on ov3rheadgregs youtube channel, worth watching.

16. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    So chun can punish kens, ryus and now guiles sweep on block with ultra. She cant punish the second hit of guiles with ultra, but she can punish, as far as i can tell, ANY sweep with super, as well as other normals (and obviously specials) that are at a disadvantage on block.

17. Justgodude

Justgodude Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    New York
    #7997 Justgodude, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    squall2002 you're killing me man!

Sigh...GG I really had to consider if I wanted to continue after that last round. The first ten matches -_- kinda put me down...

18. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Are you sure? It was always punishable by zangief and hondas ultra, but i cant punish it with cammys jabs, uppercut or super. What were you punishing it with?

19. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

GG Justgodude, I have to go, I guess dhalsim is just a bad match for fei, he does not have the wake up game that can punish dhalsim hard every time fei lock him down, and he can't throw fireball, so dhalsim can stay in perfect distance and kiting him. I would love to play dhalsim mirror match next time with you, I know you main dhalsim as well.:cool:

20. Police3575

Police3575 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I do not know how to be named in the rankings even though I use all the new information and to start with 0BP