iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    A spot should open up sometime soon. We have to level up the team to open up new spots.

On another note, I'm officially a scrub with the new update. I'm so dependent on my timing and it's all off. Learning a new character is so difficult. I've dropped from 99 in the rankings to 2500 and from 2500 BPs to under 1000.

2. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    So true. Im just used to cammys walkspeed, jump arc, uppercut fadc etc. Using other characters just doesnt feel right.

3. FINIX00

FINIX00 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    Ohh you are right, I'm so glad you understand this.

I was like "(right, I'm ganna Scarlet Terror this Canon Spike...)"

Vaga "....(yawn)"

Cammy "Cr.Mk Spiral Arrow! Canon Spike!! Focus Cancel Canon Spike!!!!"

Me "I hate this game."

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Being overly fond of Yun is probably dooms me in online multiplayer ;) But this last update does it! Capcom is just TOO good at providing support for this game! I'm getting into online street fighting in a big way!

(Fear my Yun, for I certainly fear the effects of using him :p )

5. Police3575

Police3575 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    #8065 Police3575, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    I just met jiwon0425, #6 of top rankings (at this time), he uses Guile, but just fake, I beat him and he disconnected. I'm disappointed in him

6. Shoryutofu

Shoryutofu Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    What happened to your team?
    Did you joined another team?

7. Police3575

Oct 24, 2011

I want to say that he is the Quitter. I beat him but he quit.

8. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    From sagat prespective, akuma is not a hard match for sagat unless sagat try to play fireball war with akuma, akuma's low hp combine with sagat's high damage output make this easier for sagat, akuma make one mistake, it's almost game over, plus, akuma's ultra and super just does not work on Sagat, uppercut beat them both by simply react to the moves. I have not had much trouble aganist any akuma for this matter. I would put this match as 5.5/4.5 on sagat's favor.

Balrog is tough match for sagat, just recently realized this while playing with TenOnez. as a matter of fact, I think Balrog should be in the top tiper. you should definitely try to play some games wth TenOnez, that probably will change your perception on Balrog as whole, it sure changed mine, Balrog has the second best HP beside Zangief, very good anti-air in both cr uper-punch and headbutt, probably best wake up high-low game with his charge high punch/low punch, and his headbutt can easily link to ultra. also lots of options to go over fireball.

I don't think Fei is a top tier character, I just don't see any dominate players using Fei, not sure how he fair with other characeters, but both sagat and dhalsim are extreme hard match for fei, I think to be a top tier character, you must not have too many mad matches.

9. Shoryutofu

Shoryutofu Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    That is dissapointing.

By the way, did you quit your team?

10. Police3575

Oct 24, 2011
    #8070 Police3575, Dec 18, 2011
    no no. I love my team and never leave Because I will be leader in a few days

11. Justgodude

Justgodude Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    New York
    Don't give up Jibba. We were all there once. Just keep doing your best and you should climb back to a position you feel more comfortable in. I went through a slump a while back but kept going at those rank matches to climb back. Keep your head up man!

12. Vaceotyn

Vaceotyn Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    #8072 Vaceotyn, Dec 18, 2011
    When it opens the website, it should have you go through this setup phase. Just scroll down and click the proceed buttons (they say "Plus" and "Forward")
    Then it should ask you to create or join a team, you have to do one of these to be able to see the rankings, stats, etc. So just create any team for now, and join the TA team when you get a chance.

Maybe it's just me because I hate that matchup, but I think Viper-Bison is in Bison's favor or at least even.

13. Justgodude

Justgodude Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    New York
  14. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    But I thought that we played him pretty well. :/ Anyways, Tenshin + Cr. MP + Nishokyaku is a bit tight under lag, so doing Tenshin + Nisho is always fine. After all, we ain't doin' 140 damage anymo', we be doin' dem 150 damage!

15. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    playing with ryu now and yep, bison moves still comes out.

16. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Dunno why you guys have trouble alternating between characters. It's pretty easy for me.

17. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I've been noticing most, if not all, of my losses come from guys who become turtles and don't fight. They just fight defensively and boringly. They'll have a way to get in a cheap, weak hit if you don't attack, so you can't just stand there. Get too close and they'll ankle kick you. Jump in and they'll hit you. Otherwise, they just sit there. And sit there. And sit there.

So ****ing boring. -_-

Just fought another Balrog with 3000+ Bp and he basically just squatted and didn't move the entire match. zzzzz zzzz zzzz

18. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    For what? Those two ranked matches?

19. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    It's a valid strategy but its one I hate as well. It just makes the game so unfun when people play like that.

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Yeah, I agree. It's completely legit. They don't ever get a rematch from me, though. Win or lose, I don't want to play a game that's a contest to see who gets bored first.:rolleyes: