iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Yeah. It's great. If you play your cards right, you can actually get TWO 75% full Ultras.

2. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Found an easy setup to doing meaty Kobokushi in the corner.

Raigeki Shuu - Cr. LK x2 - St. LP - Sweep - Walk forward a bit - Kobokushi. If you land the meaty Kobokushi, you can do a combo with Genei Jin and You Hou that, in total, ends up with 871 damage. 706 damage without the setup.

Edit: I'll see if I can get a video of it later.

3. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Hey TenOnez, I've reinstalled volt so should hopefully be able to connect this time......for the biggest heavy weight bout in Volt history!!!! :p

4. nashberry

nashberry Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    No Felix~ is from 10 Feb to 5 March~ :)

5. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Replay, replay, replay.

6. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Ohhhh... that's better. Thanks.

7. nashberry

Nov 23, 2011
    Yun is my 3rd main after Makoto and DeeJay~ You won't be lonely ya~ :)

8. nashberry

Nov 23, 2011
    Looking forward for this too!:D

9. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Or better yet, focus-absorb their fireballs. Build that akuma revenge meter.

You're akuma -- you have the 3-hit fireball. Burn their asses silly.

10. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    I agree. Just Spam them back. People learn you cant out fireball Akuma.

11. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    I am having fun wrecking shit right now [at a low BP level] with Sagat. Good to break out a fresh random character and actually win some...though I think hed get boring soon if i tried to main him..

Anyone know some obscure combos with him?

12. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    A good Sagat will get to 3k BP easily. A great Sagat will get to 4k. I think some characters can never get there. :(

13. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Yeah I dont think I could get good with him. Ive been trying to fight up close too much now Im getting beat up..

14. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I have now generated 900 tp in about a week, even though fall short of 1000 TP I was aiming for, but nevertheless I am satisfy with my performance, since we now still lead more than 300 TP over PV's team. I think we are safe the claim the first ever gold trophy for TA AccentCore, good job all who contributed for this achievement.

15. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    You are a machine. I only got to 400 in the week but as long as AccentCore wins is all that matters to me :)

16. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    (Fart noise) XD
    Joke, good job!

17. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Funny, the furst time I touched that character, i had never used him and knew no combos at all. Played some friendly matches and my win percentage went up 10 fold. It felt good, but it also felt as if I was selling my soul to the Devil.

I'll lose and stick with Fei.

18. Drogbathelegend

Drogbathelegend Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    900 TP in a week?:eek: very impressive. Knowing PV, we need to increase the gap from the clan just to be safe:rolleyes:

19. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #13979 NotYou, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    They do more than that, though. It's the zoning that's really annoying. They do that thing where they don't actually attack, but stand just within jumping distance and throw fireballs, mostly to bait you.

Even complete noobs seem to be able to pull this off. If you:
    jump in>uppercut
    return fireball>jump kick (always hits)
    stand still>leg sweep or more fireballs

It's not that it works well, it's that they do it nonstop. The entire match becomes trying to get around it. After the 15th time, it's unbearable. I played a while last night and I seriously saw that EXACT strategy in 100% of the Ken/Ryu matches. I lost those 8 matches, but I won about 25. I lost the 8 because I'd get tired of the same thing and try rushing them. When their whole game is based around defense, rushing them doesn't work.

I'd get around it with Akuma by jumping straight up and baiting them into an airborne fireball. That knocks them down and allows me to start laying on the pressure.
    When they stop falling for that, I'd jump forward and throw one or time a (WTF is it called again) dive grab as they start a fireball. That almost always works, but it doesn't do a ton of damage. As soon as they're up, they're right back to that spot where they can jump in yet play all defense and it starts over again... and again and again and again.

I'm getting my bp back up to something respectable and I can hopefully get out this spot soon. I tried "more skilled" last night, but finding an opponent would take at least a minute or two. Hopefully it'll be better today.

20. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Alrighty, finally fought The Xion out of long set of 25, 3-Round, Matches. Very long set. Good games. We finally made it work. :D