iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    #13981 TheXion, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Justin that was a super fun set, it's safe to say you're a better Balrog than me.
    We HAVE to play again sometime, we make for amazing replays, lots of highs, lows and Balrog madness!!!!
    TA: the score 5 to me, 20 to TenOnez
    Replays will be up, but I've only got 5% battery left!! (all 25 Hahaha)
    Great games Justin!! :-D

2. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Can't wait for the next one mate lol I had to reinstall the game, but that was worth it :)
    See ya around!!

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #13983 Jibba, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    If anyone's interested, I made a TouchArcade team on the French BN for the outkasts from the english BN. It was either that or just The Outkasts. Haha.

4. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    And thus begins the global TA take-over. Muahaha.

5. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    If you get a damage trade out of a late TigerSRK, you can land, step-kick, and ultra while they're still in mid-air :D

step-kick > low fireball is a great anti-air zoning technique.

you can also mess around with kara-SRKs, kara-knees, and kara-tigershots (and even kara-dashes).

6. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Joined!

7. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Yeah. Really fair he gets the Kara techniques since his damage is so low :rolleyes:

8. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    here's a fun meter waster:

jump k, cr. k, high tiger shot, LVL 2 focus, cr. k, uppercut, FADC, step kick, ultra

9. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    oh you guys

boo hoo, sagat is too awesome, wahhhhh

stay salty

j/k

10. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I lol'd

I picked up Yun today, he is REALLY fun to use! But does anyone have any good option for getting in with yun? His dive kick seems useless in this game as its easily punished with grabs and uppercuts, the same goes for lunge punch.

Also any practical genejin starters? Or general pressure tips? Much appreciated.

11. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    GG Juatgodude. That was the kick in the ass I needed to stop playing ranked for the day. I didn't play very well today and should have stuck to friendlies.

12. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    stupid lag killed our game.

13. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Hahaha! I am the master of La Yun! Now then. Raigeki Shuu is extremely useful, actually. You need to learn how to use it. For example, it's really good at crossing up. You need to get the jump timing right, otherwise the opponent will be on the correct side. You've got to beat out the auto-correct.

I'll post some more tips in however many more minutes.

14. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Yun's BnB is Cr. LK x2 - TC 1 - Nishokyaku. It does 209 damage, and around 300 stun. It can also double as a true blockstring if you replace Nishokyaku with Tetsuzanko. It is not advisable to combo into Genei Jin with this, unless you're finishing off the whole match.

Yun's Senpukyaku is a very good overhead that catches crouch lovers off guard because of the absurdly long range for something like it.

Yun's Close Standing Medium Kick is a great move seeing as it is the home to one of Yun's greatest resets, and also because it can launch your opponent into a combo that's almost as strong as Zangief's Spinning Pile Driver. It is also jump cancel-able. Here's what I talked about:
    (Reset) Cl. St. MK - Jump - Raigeki Shuu - Dash - Zenpou Tenshi. You should get to your opponent's other side with the dash.
    (The Other One) Cl. St. MK - Tetsuzanko - Dakai. The reason why you should use Dakai is because it does 40 more stun than Zesshou Hohou.

15. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Kobokushi is Yun's Palm Strike attack. It is very powerful, and is probably Yun's most used move. It gains a good amount of meter, cancels out projectiles, and does a nice amount of chip damage to boot. Doing a meaty Kobokushi can get easily countered with a Shoryuken or something similar, remember. That's why it's good to do a Kobokushi Feint if you expect your opponent to attack on wakeup. There are some who don't know how to counter your Kobokushi though, so you can easily pick on them. Here's an easy way to get some chip damage in the corner (or even do Kobokushi x2 - Zesshou Hohou!) Raigeki Shuu - Cr. LK x2 - St. LP - Sweep - Dash Forward - Kobokushi. It's pretty good, because it gives you a bunch of time to execute whatever and all that. It also does a HUGE amount of stun. Thanks to Nashberry, something like this is also possible:
    Raigeki Shuu - Cr. LK x2 - St. LP - Sweep - Dash Forward - Kobokushi - Cr. HP - Zenpou Tenshin - Cl. St. MK - Tetsuzanko - Dakai.
    Yeah... also, Kobokushi is an easy way to get into your ultra in the corner. This isn't all about Kobokushi, mind you. Just a quick thing.

16. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    Not to be snippy, but do you expect your opponents to just let you do what you want? It sounds like you're describing a player that is zoning you out effectively. Regardless of what ranks you play, you're always going to encounter defensive players.

17. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    I think it's just that we all want to let out our frustration, sometimes.

18. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Betserker did you just RQ on me during a friendly?

19. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Holy sheep. The reset that I just posted does stun for all the people that have 1000. The reset was:

Raigeki Shuu - Cr. LK x2 - St. LP - Sweep - Dash Forward - Kobokushi - Cr. HP - Zenpou Tenshin - Cl. St. MK - Tetsuzanko - Dakai

I'm in Yun technique heaven!

20. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Kobokushi - Cr. HP - Zenpou Tenshin only works in the corner, right? i.e. the Cr.HP is the two-hit crouching punch, and the 2nd hit juggles from the palms?