Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wsyilan, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    #61 Triscuitable, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Super art is super combo. Cross attack is ultra.

Hope Pandora sucks. It sounds overpowering.

3. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    It does appear to be another Volt, with Tekken characters...and these backgrounds are looking mighty static and unimpressive to me, a shame, given that we've seen games like Soul Caliber pull off 3D fighting arenas. But I'm sure there is some technical reasoning behind it. :rolleyes:

Regardless!..it's a new SF to iOS, I just hope we get a good roster of characters.

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So less than 10 chars so far. C'mon at least give us half the roster!

5. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Chars are real 3d or 2d like volt? It will be a great improvement but I think there is the same engine of volt

6. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    They've already said it's full 3D, including backgrounds. Just... Less fancy effects.

7. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    #67 rshkhsee, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    This might end up being pretty good. Its sounds like from EH forums that the tag in and Pandora changes from the console version are enviable. Im not sure the differences, but i like the tag mechanics tho i wonder how long the partner meter lasts depending on how much damage the 2nd character recieves. There are no mentions of gems yet though, i guess we can a list of IAP...

8. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Really? The game will be full 3d? Only iPhone 4s can handle this game, iPhone 4 is weak regarding chipset video! 3GS?

9. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    Theere can be cannon spike switch srk switch cannon spike switch srk though.

10. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I just want it to have playable online and Yun. But the latter has no chance of happening at all. :(

11. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's been stated to be on all devices, 3rd gen Touch (16-32GB), 3GS, and up. My only hope is that Elena is among the playable. I dunno if we have any other fans of her here, however.

12. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    @Triscuitable: I am disappointed because it sounds like the console nerf to xvsf. If the change is good, I don't see why it shouldn't apply to all current versions, otherwise I don't like Capcom half assing the games and giving us lite versions like with Volt. (I always thought they were gonna do updates and eventually bring Volt in line with console versions. I think its wierd that of the 4 new characters that graced Street Fighter 4 (not super), we only ever got 2 of them)

Has there even been confirmation that this will have online?

13. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    Elena is playable. She is a dlc though...

14. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, I know. In a double-offense, she's even on the disc. :mad:

15. kentz19

kentz19 Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Y? what makes it worse? Is it the graphics or the quality of the game itself?

16. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I just hope I can afford and play this in an enjoyable way, without having to wait until my next iDevice, without heavy lag.

17. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Let's get this straight before I get pissed off, alright? :D

Lag is a form of stuttering or slowdown caused by a poor internet connection.

A low framerate is a form of stuttering or frameskips caused by weak hardware or bad coding.

What you are experiencing is not lag, rather a low framerate. In addition, your iPod's CPU does not handle those effects. It just loads data into the random access memory (RAM), so that your iPod doesn't crash due to not having the required files on stored in the cache. The GPU (which Apple refers to as a "chipset", which is partially correct) is what handles the nice textures, good looking meshes, and fancy effects.

18. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not horrible, it's okay.
    The game sucks because command throws got nerfed for infants. Certain character can't take pressure AT ALL. Like Dhalsim without teleports. It f****** demoralizing.
    Dlc= Disk Locked Content.
    Gems that counter anything the opponent does for 1-2-3 bars of meter. New Characters such as Pac-man and Mega Man were half-assed. The don't even have a unique move.
    Certain tekken characters hav a "target combo" type move that doesn't combo, rendering it useless outside of juggles. Get some OP character like Heihachi, his "target combo" actually combos. For ex. Raven's b mk to anything except lk doesn't combo, you can also srk inbetween even on hit.
    Certain characters are all out something and dismal at another thing. Ex. Kuma, moves prioritize over any other normal move but projectiles rape him harder than Gief with no jump.
    Some moves have armor and there aren't armor breaks.
    I got more to say but I'm to tired to say the rest. Just imbalanced in general. BTW, most tekken characters have extremely similar normal moves.

19. shinrukuszero

shinrukuszero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    Ok is it just me, or is this looking like another Capcom fk up?

Fact: iPad 2/3 iphone 4(s) are MORE than capable of handling a second player...
    Fact: iPad 2/3 iphone 4(s) are MORE than capable of handling a full roster from SFXT...
    Fact: Capcom is dumbing this down for no reason at all.

SFXT only really needed Graphical changes, but does not need to be dumbed down to what it is starting to look like. SFXT was not the greatest game in the world, hell, its not even on the top 10 SF Games IMO, but the iOS version has the potential to be a different beast altogether, like Volt... I have Hope for this game, but low expectations. I will however be playing it no matter what, because its SF, fk it.

P.S. WTF is my update to MVC2 to make the graphics better on my New iPad, Soul Calibur Style? IDC about multiplayer because I can use my PS3 for that, I just want the graphics to be as fast as the Dreamcast Version, with that and Blutrol, you really can't lose...

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Yes those iPads are strong enough to run this game more prettier but as long as companies keep making their games playable on older devices the game's potential will be hampered.