Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wsyilan, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Yikes. Before you "get pissed off", no less? Because I misused a technical term? Perhaps you should relax a little, and save the world-class condescension for something more deserving than an off-handed lament in an iOS forum. Just sayin'. :rolleyes: :D

2. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Well I'm sorry the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch are the best selling and most affordable Apple products are still being covered. It's never about you, it's about money. It's harsh, but that's reality.

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    You say that as if I was whining about something I'm not personally receiving.

4. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry, I was in a really bad mood that day. I get that I was pretty snobby, but to be honest, I've been a little angry about the last few days. Sorry I let that get in the way of the topic at hand.

5. bojo619

bojo619 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
  6. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    ok this is turning out to be a "Not-buy" game

8. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Why?

9. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I'm happy with the gem roulette system. I wanted SP assist gem though.... haha

CAn anyone confirm if they have announced if this will have online?

10. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Hugo's in the release version? Hell yeah...Ive got my main team sorted out already.

Online ??? :(

Answer: Shit, of course.

11. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    The good thing is, I haven't played the console SFxT or devled into the SSF4, so all this talk about gems and revised tag play is all new to me...so I'll have nothing to compare it too.:D

also I'm betting there will be online...look how popular Volt has been.

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So, wait a second.

In game, you press toward plus X, and the game essentially pauses and a roulette wheel appears on screen and a gem is selected before returning to the game and the gem taking effect?

I just want to fight!

13. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    #93 Triscuitable, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Watch this, because you're misunderstanding how it works. They're triggered by completing specific goals, like a Switch Cancel Launcher (as was described in the article). However, that's only one gem, and you can only do it once. There are also things like being hit by a certain number of special moves, etc. The game keeps going while this happens, but it's denoted that you get a gem regardless.

In addition, they only last about 10-20 seconds, and the more powerful ones penalize you for using them.

If Hugo's here, I'm going to just check off Poison early. We even have LGBT support, lads and ladies. :D

14. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I don't feel like waiting 4 or 5 updates to get a decent number of characters. hell, I'm sure capcom will do a SFXT prime, dash, volt or ampere whatever, with the full roster of the console version (after a few updates, of course). personnaly I'm sticking with king of fighter 2012... and just you wait for the price... capcom what the F are you doing, evolving into a square-enix form ?

15. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Is any of the footage in that video from the iPad version?

16. Vincexn

Vincexn Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm still a tad excited, even though I feel like this will most likely be true... Damnit, Cashcom!

17. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Capcom has been in business long before Squaresoft or ENIX (as in, before ENIX was doing eroge). Not only that, but Capcom pioneered the fighting game genre. Considering KoF did the same thing (and you didn't notice, apparently), I'm just going to say everything you just said applies to SNK just as much as it does Capcom. Hell, Capcom gave us the characters without any surcharges. What did SNK do? On the app DLC! :p

Clearly not. It's just an explanation of how the gems system works so you can unbind your panties. :rolleyes:

18. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    The DLC in KOF i 2012 is fair considering its a damn near complete roster compared to the console version [only a couple short coming in another update]...i wouldve maybe priced them at a buck a piece though.

I bet many people wouldve paid extra for more features/characters in Volt too, including me...

19. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    And yet it did the same thing Capcom did. You don't get that you're basically saying "SNK did the same thing as Capcom but they're okay but Capcom is the devil", do you?

20. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    "Capcom gave us the characters without any surcharges. What did SNK do? On the app DLC!" <----- I responded to this, without the (!). What i am saying is, it was possible to bring more characters to Volt and make them work and that it is fine with me if some were DLC also. I am not siding with either company, i like them both. Seems like every post from you is trying to make someone look stupid.