iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Role to and Heihachi seem like really fun and powerful characters at first blush. I've never played them before but am looking forward to it. Also, I noticed that hard tags are somewhat safer. Fireballs are missing me when I hard tag now if timed right, which means there are frames when you can not take damage during a tag.

Kaz's b + k now links with certain moves that I don't think it did previously, although I don't know how helpful this is. Overall I'm really liking the update so far.

2. FSK_VoRteX

FSK_VoRteX Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Is it me or I can't get online?

3. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I told myself I would play till I lost with Heiachi last night. I didn't lose a fight :eek: Heiachi seems really powerful in this game. Very very easy to link to his launcher and super.

4. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    All these updates yet no optimization for iPhone 5 screen.

5. FSK_VoRteX

FSK_VoRteX Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I feel your pain dude.

6. jayjayjay

jayjayjay Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
  7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Yup. Competition is going to get very tough once people learn to use them. I don't know either character's move set but still had a lot of fun with them. Heihachi has an easy j p, abc combo into his multi-hit uppercut that does 443 damage and its mashable. Rolento has a crazy easy mash combo with p, p, p, SP, SP, SP but his damage output is weak. He seems to focus more on speed and evasive specials. A team with him and Sim would probably make me pull my hair out (I think Sim/Rolento > Rolento/Sim).

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #1188 VaroFN, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    What happens with Heihachi's Pandora? It has no Pandora effects, and he is red...
    And it seems that Pandora's healing changed too.
    EDIT: and graphics are worse.

9. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Heiachi is insane. Really powerful. He will be the new Kaz :D

10. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I haven't seen Heihachi's Pandora, but I did think that Pandora was shorter overall. It did feel like the healing had been nerfed but I wasn't sure because I also took damage during Pandora.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    As far as I know, now if you're hit (even while blocking), the Pandora's healing effect will stop for a few seconds. I find it annoying, because Pandora was an all-or-nothing kind of strategy, but now it just sucks.
    BTW, I have the previous version on my iPod, and I was right, now graphics are worse. Pandora lasts the same though.

12. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Wow...i bet they turned off some graphic features to improve net play :rolleyes: Its okay, better net play is worth it :)

13. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Are you planning on updating on your iPod soon? Would be nice to try to figure out some of the nerfs/buffs since I don't have any of the old damage outputs for moves (fffan may have these). I remember doing it once on an update to Volt and it was interesting to see the numbers next to each other for certain characters.

I'd like to have both, but I agree that I'd rather have been online play than better graphics. Personally, I didn't notice a difference about the graphics but I didn't play much and wasn't really focusing on the graphics.

14. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So naturally the 3 fights I played against was Heiachi/Kaz. :D

Does anybody know if its possible to pogo BACK with Rolento? :confused:

Example: opponent knockdown in corner, I jump across him, pogo back for cross up.

15. Houmous

Houmous Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    What's is the use of back plus sp hold with heitachi? The character moves his arms around but nothing happens... Is it like a taunt or something?

16. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    I played 5 games this morning and just ran over people with Heihachi. the issue is his standing abc is low mid launch. just too easy to hit. His cross counter is also insane like Ryu's...just launches the opponent to the other side of the screen making for easy hard tag ins. Also, he has a reversal SP! Great against Kaz players that always try to combo you to death. did i mention he has 2 overheads :eek: both overheads can combo in launches too. sooooo damn OP :rolleyes:

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #1197 VaroFN, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    No, in fact I don't use my iPod to play games. I think it has the second version of the game.
    About the old damage outputs, I already tried some. For example, Kaz's PPP bw+sp:
    -Old version: 30 (100%) 60 (100%) 72 (80%) 28 (70%) 28 (70%). Total: 218.
    -New version: 30 (100%) 60 (100%) 70 (100%) 24 (60%) 24 (60%). Total: 208.
    If you add fw+k to these combos, it will deal 48 (60%) damage for both versions., so yeah, now Kaz is worse than before.
    EDIT: now second characters deal 110% damage with the first few hits.

18. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    if you do the back sp and they try to hit you with a normal, he reverses and hits you back :D Heihachi is so fun to use. lol

19. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Db + k

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Agreed, and let's not forget his fw+sp. Reflecting fireballs is too cool!!